Switch to full style
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Post a reply

Re: Liseberg Discussion Thread

Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:12 am

Ap0ptosis wrote:Here is a quick edit I did of the Helix POV so that you can enjoy it without all the annoying off-ride clips interrupting it all the time. Enjoy!

That is awesome!!

Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:38 am

Ap0ptosis wrote:Here is a quick edit I did of the Helix POV so that you can enjoy it without all the annoying off-ride clips interrupting it all the time. Enjoy!

Much better this way

Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:32 pm

Love the video Ap0ptosis, but search for "BlackScrap! - The World We Are" for a youtube video if you want to replace the sound for your video to keep the sound going.

Helix Blog update - All about the Station
Since there isn't much progress on the track itself, Lisa who runs the Helix blog posted some images of the progress that have been made on the station so far. They have however ground to a halt on parts on that project as well since they now need the track for the station area to be put into place, but that won't happen till January. So the only real progress in this area will be done to the queue so there is still lots to do. And since the queue is in the bowl of the station it's a great place to make some serious progress.

Source of the images below as well as several others: projekthelix.se - Stationen börjar ta form
Attachments
cue.jpg
Where all the queuing will take place
station1.jpg
Other direction next to the station trough
station5.jpg
One of the passages between the station and maintenance building, that cut in the wall will be at the same height of the station floor, so it's pretty damn tall this building
station3.jpg
Seen from the first launch

Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:02 pm

Looking great! I can't wait to see the finished product and a POV!

Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:42 pm

So, I went to liseberg for the first time this year today. Wow! Helix looked so much better in reality, felt both larger and the hillside seemed steeper. The part from the airtime hump after the second corkscrew down to the pretzel look pretty darn steep which was a surprise to me.
The hill also didn't appear as naked as I imagined and it will probably look really awesome with all the new trees being planted. :lover:

Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:49 pm

^ It was really nice to hear that you like it :)
But then again, how can't you :P

Yeah, it's a lot larger than you think when you only have images to rely on, but I think that will change as the larger elements starts to appear on site next year.

Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:03 pm

Helix looks amazing! Wish I could visit when it opens, too bad for me though. Lisberg overall looks like a very nice place.

Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:15 pm

When they announced Helix, I nearly crapped my pants. I wanted to go on the Scandi tour so bad, but it's just not possible financially. :cry:

Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:34 am

^ This image that Liseberg posted on FB yesterday, may force you to change your underwear as well :)

Source: Liseberg FB
Attachments
1480673_741975309165371_631921403_n.jpg
1480673_741975309165371_631921403_n.jpg (255.66 KiB) Viewed 1649 times

Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:24 am

Oh crap, sexually arousing pictures should have a NSFW-tag...

Another picture from the facebook page:
Last edited by Ap0ptosis on Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:52 am.
Post a reply
MY LATEST VIDEOS