Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

P. 675 - Dare Devil Dive Flying Machines for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 6 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

Postby bert425 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:04 am

chschris1 wrote:I am going here in January. The only days I can make it work to go are Saturday January 11th or Sunday January 12th. I am wondering if any of you Texas locals or others who are familiar with the park can give me any advice? Is this the first year Fiesta Texas is running year long? Do you think I will need a flash pass on either of these days? Any advice is welcome! This will be a first time for me at this park.

2nd year, they went "year round" in 2019.

if you have to choose between those two days (unless you are going both), for certain choose Sunday - and be there at park open.

Texans are *really* big into Church, and on a Sunday, the park will not get crowded until ~2pm (post Church bump).
So if park opens at 10 or 11, you can get in quite a bit of riding, without needing Flash Pass.

keep in mind:
1) the waterpark will NOT be open in January, so that's one whole "land" that will be closed off - a "land" that drains a lot of folks into it, during the hot summer months. So you likely will see lines on things that most often during Summer won't have long lines.

2) the new ride won't be up and running yet, but this might work in your favor, as the new ride is going to draw tons of folks right over to the Iron Rattler area. . .

3) depending when in Jan you are going? and you're going early Jan. . so expect remnants of Holiday in the Park to still be around, meaning that not all rides will be operating (tho SFFT does typically run most all the big rides thruout HitP).

have fun, and make sure to check calendar to ensure times/dates they are open.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby chschris1 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:06 pm

Ok great thanks for the information Bert. Do you have any other tips or tricks that might be helpful. I am surprised to hear the park might be busy on a Sunday in January but I suppose that is why they decided to open year round.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby bert425 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:15 pm

San Antonio is a large city. Lots of Military there too.

so yeah, post Church, it will attract folks.

Likely not PACKED like you are thinking, but busy.

if you want to get multiple ride on Wonder Woman, Iron Rattler, Poltergeist, or Joker? then I'd suggest pay for the Flash Pass (Wonder Woman & Poltergeist have horrible capacity), IR is super popular, and Joker is the newest.. so those all end up with long lines always.

but if you're ok with 1 or 2 rides on them during your day? I'd probably not bother with Flash Pass. . especially if you hit those early on Sunday for multiple rides before the park gets busy.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby chschris1 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:51 pm

I would be happy getting a ride on each coaster once or twice. So hopefully Flash pass won't be needed. With that said, is there a particular strategy to conquering this park? I am definitely looking forward to Wonder Woman, Joker, Poltergeist, IR, Batman, and Superman. I haven't ridden one of this massive pendulum swings or a S&S Free spin so those will be fun hopefully. I also have not ridden a Raptor so there are a lot of firsts. My only RMC so far has been Lightning Rod so IR will likely be a new experience as well. This park seems to have a lot to offer so I wanna be prepared!

I know quite a lot about Donkeys!

Postby Bamwa » Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:14 pm

Had a good time here yesterday. We were worried we weren't gonna get the gold upgrade because the deadline was Nov 2 to pick up the pass and almost every weekend in Oct was rainy or cold and windy. Luckily they extended the pick up date!!!!!!
Not sure if this was Fiesta only or chain wide. Gold w/free parking is one main reason I get the season pass, so super lucked out there.

Started out on Poltergeist. One train but everyone was still at church or something. Forgot how fun and smooth this was. Great launch. Next was Golden Lasso. All three trains were running so the wait wan't very bad. Ejector monster still. After that enjoyed a Voodoo Ranger Pumpkin Ale. Went to try out Joker pendulum ride. Ops were running 10 min cycles and I would have bailed if my friend didn't want to ride it so bad. Waited maybe an 1 hr 15 min. Ride was fun and seemed to produce more g forces at the bottom than the one in New England or Dallas. After that we got one final night ride on IR since they closed at 6. and yes IR is still just running one train. :(

Usually I try to get tons of rides in but was content to just fart around after getting the passes. After getting on 4 rides all day, I think I'll go back to getting a fast pass next time. Once you go fast pass, hr waits are hellish. Worth saving your money for sure, even though it wasn't packed.

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby Arthur_Seaton » Sat Dec 07, 2019 8:48 pm

Finally got in a visit to the park to rival some of my old SoCal off-season days at Knotts at Magic Mountain. From about 12pm to 3pm today, Fiesta was dead and almost all of the rides were walk-ons. The ops were allowing immediate re-rides, so I got quite a few consecutive laps in on iRat (always amazing), Wonderwoman (rough spots emerging), Superman (as solid as ever), Poltergeist (potholes temporarily filled?), and Road Runner Express (best mine train ever). Several rides didn't open at all today (Sky Screamer and Fireball), and a couple of others were up and down.

Because it was so quiet — surprising, given how beautiful a day it was — I was finally able to get on The Joker. The funhouse queue was a nice touch but (and I couldn't put my finger on what it was) it somehow felt tamer than Crazanity (maybe the rotations?). Rode Hurrican Force 5 for the first time as well. Not something I'd feel compelled to ride again, but the ride experience itself was different to what I was expecting. Boomerang was open today, so I got a ride in on that, too. I don't mind boomerangs and will usually always ride them. This one was pretty smooth with restraints that sat below ear level. Aside from that, it was your standard-fare boomerang.

The place started picking up around 4pm and lines started to emerge, so at that point, I bounced. I'm not as enamored with this park as others (possible a result from being spoiled by the SoCal parks), but I'm glad this one's relatively close to where I'm living right now as I dig a few of the rides. Also, I dropped by that mall right next door and was surprised to see how close several of the coasters get to its parking lot.
IMG_7182.jpeg
iRat from Neiman Marcus

Previous

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!