Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

P. 650 - The Joker Wild Card announced for 2019!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 5 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Re: Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

Postby Loco » Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:24 pm

Jakizle wrote:I forgot one thing...looks like the swing ride "Whirligig" was moved and there is a new flat in its place. Anyone know more about these 2 rides? Where this came from and where Whirligig will go? I forgot to ask.

I could be wrong but isn't that what a waveswinger (Whirligig) looks like while in rehab?
SFFT covers it in a tarp I'm assuming.

Awesome photo's btw! Thanks for sharing. :b

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby bert425 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:29 pm

Jakizle wrote:I forgot one thing...looks like the swing ride "Whirligig" was moved and there is a new flat in its place. Anyone know more about these 2 rides? Where this came from and where Whirligig will go? I forgot to ask.

they haven't announced anything new.

is it possible we're just seeing a re-theming here?

that COULD just be the new topper being worked on. .similar to this:

and they've just tossed a tarp over it.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

I had sex with N-Tag before you did.

Postby Jakizle » Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:02 pm

Loco wrote:

I could be wrong but isn't that what a waveswinger (Whirligig) looks like while in rehab?

Awesome photo's btw! Thanks for sharing. :b

I have absolutely no idea! That is probably all it is.

My best take away from the tour was the fact that they can customize the ride how they want to increase or decrease flipping, placement of flipping, quickness of flipping (by increasing or decreasing the magnet width) etc.

Also, he said the queue won't split until the very last second, so you aren't waiting forever once you reach the split for either side. 3-4 trains at most was the idea.

I hope to check out the progress a few times in the coming weeks.

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:42 pm

Thanks for the photos, Jake. If all goes well, I'll be checking this park out this summer. The only Texas park I've been to is SFOT.

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby Texasbest2015 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:35 pm

Could it be to that we get 2 new flat rides or just rethemes for the rides?? Also what could be on the other side of the bridge ? A new ride or the bat car?

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby josephcissell » Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:13 pm

Jakizle wrote:My best take away from the tour was the fact that they can customize the ride how they want to increase or decrease flipping, placement of flipping, quickness of flipping (by increasing or decreasing the magnet width) etc.

This seems very exciting to me. Perhaps we will see Six Flags change the configuration or placement of the flips in the future to add diversity to the ride experience. That is some pretty cool engineering that S&S has come up with.

*Edit: Removed a word for proper grammar.
Last edited by josephcissell on Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:35 pm.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby bert425 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:14 pm

Jakizle wrote:
Loco wrote:

I have absolutely no idea! That is probably all it is.

Here's some interesting Customer Service.

since it's my "local" park, and I'm always getting surveys from them, I simply emailed them this morning to ask about Whirligig: is it moving? getting re-themed?

and they just called me (from San Antonio), and assured me the ride is not moving, nor getting replaced, and that it's just in the middle of ride-maintenance and will be back up and running soon.

so mystery solved (even tho the topper sticking out from under the tarp looks different than the German themed Whirligig does. . . so I'm betting a slight re-theme is involved here).

Interesting that they called me tho. . . :)
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby singemfrc » Mon Mar 02, 2015 6:23 pm

Wow how awesome of them to do that. I can't imagine Magic Mountain ever calling a customer like that.

I'm 39 and can't find the Shift Key

Postby fatdaddy » Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:01 pm

Good shi...stuff! Got to get out there and ride this when it's done. Already a great park, this just makes it that much better.
WHO'S YOUR DADDY?

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:58 pm

Just got an email from Jeffrey at Six Flags Fiesta Texas. This is what he said:

Someone at the bottom of the update asked about our Wave Swinger called Whirligig. It is in the same spot. We were waiting for parts to return to the park from Winter rehab. The ride should be back up and running by this weekend!

Hope that answers it!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!