Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

P. 675 - Dare Devil Dive Flying Machines for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Re: Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

Postby Texasbest2015 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:16 pm

I'll be there tommrow hope they will be open

Did the donkey fairy give me this title?

Postby webgoof » Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:19 pm

Texasbest2015 wrote:I'll be there tommrow hope they will be open

I'm sure it will be, it's just supposed to be cold as balls. I've decided not to go down, as it's about half the rides that doesn't start to run until it's not below 60 it seems.
I'm too ADD to count coasters, I just ride them over again!

Parks:
SF: MM, OT, FT, OG. CP. SWO. BGT. USO. IOA. WDW: MK, Epcot, HS, AK, BB, TL. DLR: DL, CA.

I had sex with N-Tag before you did.

Postby Jakizle » Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:19 am

Yesterday Six Flags Fiesta Texas invited us out on opening day to come check out the construction of Batman The Ride with a narrated tour by Jeffrey Siebert. While the temperatures were low and freezing rain was coming down, and the park ended up closing after an hour, the tour still went on as planned. Thank you for still accommodating us!

I learned a lot about the ride that I did not know previously, as well as some info about the new zip line coming to the park. I will share this info as we go through the photos in the relevant places :). I was fighting the rain as I took most of these so I apologize if some photos aren't clear. Keeping the lens dry was a challenge!

Enjoy!
01.JPG
Here we are at Fiesta Texas! Only ones here and the park has been open for an hour?
02.JPG
I was starting to wonder if the park would stay open with the weather. Look at that wind!
03.JPG
Security was letting everyone know the coasters were all closed, but were hopeful later in the day they would open.
04.JPG
Kinda surreal walking in with no one else around.
05.JPG
I will say the park staff were all super friendly and were sure to say hi and have a great day as you encountered them.
06.JPG
The log flume was actually open!
07.JPG
The first glimpse you get of Batman is when you come down through Spassburg. Of course this will change as the ride gets taller. But this view is going to be awesome!
08.JPG
It was 11:15 by the time I get in the park and the tour was at 12, so I decided to check out Superman's new fresh coat of paint!
09.JPG
Hope they don't send a boat while I go out to take a picture!
10.JPG
Looking great in a fresh coat of blue and red!!!
11.JPG
NEWS TIME: The zip line being added to the park will have it's station just to the right of this photo. It will then extend back over by Superman's LIFT HILL and extend 60 feet above the quarry, bringing the ride to a 150' drop. You will fly over superman 3 times! It will be upcharge and there will be a combo with the slingshot. The views of Superman are going to be amazing.
12.JPG
One last shot of the new paint.
13.JPG
Here is the view of Batman from the other side of the park, going from Superman's station to Rockville. The big raven turn is going to drop right over this area! The train will get nice and intimate with the ride.
14.JPG
The meeting point was the Batman newsstand, with info about the ride for all guests to see as they walk by.
15.JPG
Just a reminder of the information inside.
16.JPG
The white building will be the entrance to the ride. This is a great location as there aren't any other rides on the main street of Rockville.
17.JPG
And here is where vertical construction is at after only 9 days of work!!!
18.JPG
We are told the lift hill isn't even half way yet. This ride is going to look huge in person due to it's location.
19.JPG
This is the area where the station will be. The ride will load/unload 2 cars at once. That way one is always in the ready position. The idea is to have 2 at load, 1 on the ride, 1 waiting at the lift, and 1 coming back into the load area ready to go.
20.JPG
This is the view of the ride you get from where the car ride station used to be. Once again, this is going to be an amazing view of the coaster. You will be able to stand right next to the entire thing!
21.JPG
The crews are working 6 days a week, from 6am to 6pm. So spring break crowds will be able to see this beast get built.
22.JPG
Here is another overview shot. The supports on the right are actually the last lift hill supports. The diagonal columns will reach up to the very top of the first drop.
23.JPG
The park also was proud how nice the steel arrived on site, all wrapped up and not dinged up. Too bad it wasn't bubble wrap. But since the ride is land locked by guest areas, all steel is brought on site for the day before the park opens.
24.JPG
At the bottoms is also where the operating booth will be placed. We are told the location of the lift is also important in case of an evac situation. They can reach the lift as a worse case scenario from the bridge I am standing on to take this photo!
25.JPG
You can see the bridge on the right. It's weird to think the cars used to go under this bridge! The land was raised for the new ride.
26.JPG
Speaking of cars, this is the old ride path area on the other side of the bridge by Poltergeist. We are told this area WILL be used for something exciting in the future!!!
27.JPG
On the other side of the site, the last steel based pieces are in place. This means the rest of the ride will go vertical very quick! They expect the ride to be completed in about 3 weeks.
28.JPG
It's interesting how the structure and ride has to be built in a certain way because it all supports each other. The track supports the columns in some places and vice versa. It's like a giant IKEA set!
29.JPG
More track waiting to go up!
30.JPG
Back over in the staging area we take a look at all the pieces that have arrived.
31.JPG
lots of beefy RMC track! They are also doing the construction of the ride. ALSO fun fact...the white wood is from the SFNE Cyclone!
32.JPG
Track wheel POV! Once again, the track is even more beefy than RMC Iron Horse track, as it acts as the structure as well as the track in a lot of places.
33.JPG
The lift motor is here :)
34.JPG
Tons of awesome fun track shapes laying around. Another cool fact...the park can place the magnetic fins anywhere around the ride if they wanted to. They could make it have no flipping, or make it a complete flip fest! So the ride is still custom no matter the track layout. They could move fins around all they want, even to make you flip on the lift hill! The plan is to open with the possible 6 flip points and is recognized as the inversion count for the ride.
35.JPG
The lift hill is here too, and will use a catch car type system.
36.JPG
Brake fins! Okay maybe it is time to stop ;)
37.JPG
I'll leave you with one last shot of the ride area. Since it is being built right in the middle of the park the visuals will be incredible! Can't wait to see it go up quickly over the next few weeks. And thanks so much to Jeffrey for walking us around in the awful weather! Even if we did get locked inside the park for a while ;)
Last edited by robbalvey on Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:00 pm.

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby coasterchitchat » Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:34 am

Nice photos! Is their a specific reason why SFNE Cyclone's wood is down at SFFT?
Vekoma is English means, "We don't have the budget for a B&M so let's just order a Vekoma."

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby Mrlittle » Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:40 am

Cool update Jake. Batman is looking great. It makes me happy to see photos of Superman with the new paint.

Postby Jakizle » Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:43 am

coasterchitchat wrote:Nice photos! Is their a specific reason why SFNE Cyclone's wood is down at SFFT?

Good question. Basically RMC takes all of the unused wood from the conversion projects and uses it for what they can...this time shipping Batman track!

Postby Jakizle » Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:47 am

I forgot one thing...looks like the swing ride "Whirligig" was moved and there is a new flat in its place. Anyone know more about these 2 rides? Where this came from and where Whirligig will go? I forgot to ask.
DSC_0110.JPG

My favorite roller coaster is dumb.

Postby DarienLaker » Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:56 am

^What is that ride under that tarp and where did it come from?
Nobody knows a lot about Darien Lake like me! ;)

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby Password121 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:58 am

^That's what he just asked...

Edit: Great report, by the way! Batman looks like a really cool concept; I'd be interested to see if it ends up at other SF parks like the "real" Batman model. Also curious what they have planned for Motorama's old plot.
2017 Millennium Force Ride Host
2018 Millennium Force Team Leader

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby josephcissell » Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:26 pm

Thanks for the awesome photos and info. I love how close and unobstructed the views will be for Batman. I do think this will be very successful and I hope that they will pop up at a lot more Six Flags parks around the country. Seems like a really fun ride that doesn’t take a lot of space and I’m sure Six Flags would love to advertise all the inversions. Great report!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!