Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

P. 796 - Supergirl Sky Flyer Announced for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: Sluggo77 and 9 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Re: Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

Postby ice1972 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:00 pm

^Also ya....we have the season platinum flash pass cuz I was weak and my 11 yr old daughter gave me that look when we upgraded last week but ya....even with those passes it’s really annoying waiting for the front or the back and getting bumped cuz of those priority boarding people showing up at the exit.....we got bumped three trains in a row waiting for row 1 and 2 on WC and were bumped once on Supe.....they need to make it so that only happens once or something....the platinum flash pass is just too expensive to have to deal with that....

Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Postby ice1972 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:04 pm

Srosdude wrote:“Priority Boarding” is the term we use for our access pass, which is used for medical reasons and/or disabilities. Not sure why they’re using them every train on the front row. They’re not supposed to be filling them in row 1, and should be alternating which train is being filled with the Acess Pass. Sorry about that everyone! Glad to hear you guys are enjoying Superman! That’s usually where I’m operating.

Well at least on Saturday we got bumped out of row 1 three times in a row and the people were hardly having medical issues or disabled....it was so annoying....did hear from daughters friend that at least on Supe theory’s not supposed to let those folks board row 1 or back row but who knows....seems a good portion of ride ops aren’t real strict....case in point how they’ll let through say 2 people on a flash pass good for only 1.....seen that a lot

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:41 pm

Superman was enforcing the no front row priority pass rule last weekend. It was nice for people such as myself waiting for the front, but I can also understand if people with priority passes want to also be able to experience the best seats. Ultimately having to wait an extra train or two isn't the end of the world for me.
Top 3 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland)
Top 3 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce
Most Recent Trip Reports- Rainbow MagicLand & Gardaland

What's with the donkeys anyway?

Postby Srosdude » Sun Apr 21, 2019 12:15 am

ice1972 wrote:
Srosdude wrote:“Priority Boarding” is the term we use for our access pass, which is used for medical reasons and/or disabilities. Not sure why they’re using them every train on the front row. They’re not supposed to be filling them in row 1, and should be alternating which train is being filled with the Acess Pass. Sorry about that everyone! Glad to hear you guys are enjoying Superman! That’s usually where I’m operating.

Well at least on Saturday we got bumped out of row 1 three times in a row and the people were hardly having medical issues or disabled....it was so annoying....did hear from daughters friend that at least on Supe theory’s not supposed to let those folks board row 1 or back row but who knows....seems a good portion of ride ops aren’t real strict....case in point how they’ll let through say 2 people on a flash pass good for only 1.....seen that a lot

Your comment is a little insensitive and ignorant. Disabilities are not always physical nor are medical needs. But, it is still the beginning of the season. All policies will become more consitent as we move into full time operations. And as always, if your dissatisfied with something during your visit, don’t hesitate to visit guest relations, or leave a comment on the parks “Contact Us” page!
208 Feet Up, 221 Feet Down. If you're not scared, you should be. Enjoy your ride on Superman.

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby anonymouscactus » Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:48 am

the people were hardly having medical issues or disabled....

Seriously? You have NO IDEA what these people go through. At Six Flags they require a Dr's note to prevent those trying to take advantage. Keep that in mind next time. They even have to wait in a virtual queue with the program. They are one of the strictess when it comes to this. I can think of several disabilities and diseases that wouldn't allow people to wait in a standard queue but still be able to go on rides.

Postby thrillrider » Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:45 am

anonymouscactus wrote:
the people were hardly having medical issues or disabled....

Seriously? You have NO IDEA what these people go through. At Six Flags they require a Dr's note to prevent those trying to take advanthiage. Keep that in mind next time. They even have to wait in a virtual queue with the program. They are one of the strictess when it comes to this. I can think of several disabilities and diseases that wouldn't allow people to wait in a standard queue but still be able to go on rides.

Exactly, my son is one of them. He looks like a normal kid, but due to certain medical issues, he is unable to wait for long periods of time.
Beyond that ice1972, your arrogance offends me. You are already cutting in front of hundreds of people, but that's just not good enough for you I guess. Another "I'm entitled to everything" attitude. Unfortunately, this seems to be more common these days.
Last edited by thrillrider on Sun Apr 21, 2019 6:06 am.
341 steel coasters
114 wood coasters

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby anonymouscactus » Sun Apr 21, 2019 6:00 am

Umm I was quoting someone else...

Postby thrillrider » Sun Apr 21, 2019 6:07 am

anonymouscactus wrote:Umm I was quoting someone else...

Apologies....fixed it.
341 steel coasters
114 wood coasters

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby BoulderDash » Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:43 am

Cyclone was running completely insane yesterday, my first few rides were good, but the trains were mostly empty. After a few rides it started sprinkling outside, the trains were more filled, and the ride was absolutely hauling. I don't think it has ever been faster in the second half. The back row was absolutely insane and I got ridiculous ejector airtime even on the hill into the brakes. Some of the fastest if not fastest rides Iv'e ever seen. Ride now before it starts acting up in the summer!

Superman is running fast and smooth. Lots of insane airtime on the hills. Not sure if it has been discussed here, but the park now allows re-rides if there is nobody in your row. You can also seat hop if the station is empty. I got 15 rides on Cyclone without leaving the station and plenty on Superman as well. So refreshing to not have to walk around every single time.

Postby Canobie Coaster » Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:28 am

^ Rerides? It's an Easter miracle for SFNE!
Top 3 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland)
Top 3 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce
Most Recent Trip Reports- Rainbow MagicLand & Gardaland

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!