Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

P. 796 - Supergirl Sky Flyer Announced for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Macaroni and Donkey
User avatar
 
Posts: 63
Joined: 28 Jan 2019
Location: Demarest, New Jersey
Gender: None specified
Age: 17

Re: Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

Postby mary.pesik » Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:51 pm

any update on THE GRID's construction?

(darn it Six Flags do you know anything about DC characters? His name is Grid without a the at the beginning.)
THE GRID

Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!
 
Posts: 123
Joined: 18 Dec 2017
Gender: None specified

Re: Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

Postby ice1972 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:42 pm

Read that WC was having issues today but we got on relatively painlessly around 2:30ish.....both trains were running and the only problem really was that people with “priority” boarding passes from the exit lane kept taking front row seats....that’s annoying AF - especially when you’re paying a premium to have the flash pass....had to wait three trains.....anyway the ride was flying....anybody know the actual issue today that I’ve read about on here?

Got on Supe today also and man that thing seems like it’s flying already this early season....that ride is amazing really....I know folks hate the restraints but it’s really not a thing.....I never rode it when it had the T-bar.....saw on here that they’re using these new wheels - yellow instead of blue - and maybe that’s helping.....so far this early season we’ve had great rides on that thing.....such an awesome ride.....

Joker is slowly growing on me.....rose it maybe 5 or 6 times now and it’s definitely good and I like how you never get the same ride....you can always count on a hair raiser inversion at least once.....where you’d totally fall out if not for the restraint.....

Also we went on Houdini today for the first time since we had passes in 2015.....can someone go over that ridiculous ride....how do they do that? You never upside down so the outer shell must be rotating also....thatbrode is weird AF....

And Goliath is still down.....lol....poor Goliath though....

Online
When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!
 
Posts: 614
Joined: 27 May 2007
Location: Central NJ native; Northern DE resident.
Gender: None specified
Age: 36

Re: Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

Postby Mike240SX » Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:35 pm

ice1972 wrote:Also we went on Houdini today for the first time since we had passes in 2015.....can someone go over that ridiculous ride....how do they do that? You never upside down so the outer shell must be rotating also....thatbrode is weird AF...


You've basically got the idea.

Wikipedia wrote:Madhouses are often extensively themed during the ride sequence, and usually in the queue line. Several Madhouses feature pre-shows explaining a story behind the ride. Once in the ride, lapbars are lowered onto the riders, before they gradually experience an odd sense of movement. This is achieved through two mechanisms - the separate floor can move in a controlled swing from side-to-side by up to 15/30 degrees in each direction, but the surroundings of the room can rotate through a full 360 degrees. The pivot mechanism for the floor is hidden by two large objects at the end of the room, which are themed to match the ride.

At this point, both the floor and the room are slowly moving in unison. As the ride continues, the floor starts a separate movement from the rotating drum which gradually gives the impression that the room is rotating backwards and forwards further each time. Vekoma offers theme parks the option of programming their own sequence of how the room and floor move. In many Madhouses, the lighting subtly changes from moment to moment to add to the disorientation. Eventually, the drum mechanism turns through a full rotation and, by careful synchronisation with the sensation of the swinging floor mechanism, the riders are fooled into feeling as if they themselves are being repeatedly turned upside down.
-Mike
Total Coasters: 134
Top 10 Steel: Maverick, Skyrush, Intimidator 305, Banshee, Millennium Force, Raptor, Superman: The Ride (SFNE), Top Thrill Dragster, Big Bad Wolf, Volcano
Top 10 Wood: The Beast, El Toro, Phoenix (Knoebels), Boulder Dash, Thunderbolt (KW), Mystic Timbers, Comet (Hershey), Hercules, Shivering Timbers, Jack Rabbit (KW)
Top 5 Hybrid: Twisted Timbers, Goliath (SFGAm), Wicked Cyclone, Great White, Gemini

Online
Why do I still have a donkey title???
User avatar
 
Posts: 6800
Joined: 21 Mar 2008
Location: Massachusetts
Gender: Male
Age: 26

Re: Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

Postby Canobie Coaster » Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:58 am

^^ Superman is still great in its current form, but the old T-bars felt so free and allowed more room to get the airtime.
Top 3 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland)
Top 3 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce
Image
Most Recent Trip Reports- Rainbow MagicLand & Gardaland

Can I park my donkey here?
User avatar
 
Posts: 40
Joined: 07 Oct 2009
Location: USA
Gender: Male
Age: 34

Re: Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

Postby ParcMan » Sat Apr 20, 2019 11:50 am

ice1972 wrote:Read that WC was having issues today but we got on relatively painlessly around 2:30ish.....both trains were running and the only problem really was that people with “priority” boarding passes from the exit lane kept taking front row seats....that’s annoying AF - especially when you’re paying a premium to have the flash pass....had to wait three trains.....anyway the ride was flying....anybody know the actual issue today that I’ve read about on here?


Oh my gosh yes! Those flipping priority pass people were everywhere!! If I hadn't payed for the Platinum Flash Pass I would have been crazy annoyed with all the priority pass vultures!

As for the issue with WC, the lapbars on the orange train were throwing some weird sensor issues. When it came back in the station the ops would have to pull all the bars up and the computer was throwing an error code that the mechanic didn't know (I'm assuming) because he had to take a photo of the control panel and go research the solution.

So the blue train was taken off to glue padding on the front seat, then the orange train was throwing a tantrum and by the time they figured out the orange train, the glue had set on blue so they put it back on the track.

It took about an hour all together, it just sucks as it happened just as I was next in line for front row first ride of the year. So I was shaking like a junkie looking for his next fix of RMC goodness and the downtime just added to the insanity of my withdrawal symptoms!

Then just as the mechanic was finishing on WC he got a call that Flashback was down. Which is a funny story because for the past decade, every time I would go to the park Flashback would close and stay closed all day. Usually this would happen as I was in line for it or walking toward it (no lie)! Flashback was the only credit in the park I had yet to get and it did the same thing on me yesterday! So I was bummed thinking it was gonna stay closed for the rest of the day, then just as I was leaving the park and my final ride on WC, Flashback opened and I FINALLY jumped on it and was thoroughly disappointed as I knew I would be!

Why do I still have a donkey title???
User avatar
 
Posts: 9297
Joined: 27 Jul 2013
Location: At KD
Gender: Male
Age: 32

Re: Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

Postby DoinItForTheFame » Sat Apr 20, 2019 12:01 pm

ice1972 wrote:Also we went on Houdini today for the first time since we had passes in 2015.....can someone go over that ridiculous ride....how do they do that? You never upside down so the outer shell must be rotating also....thatbrode is weird AF....


You’re welcome.
Bigger is not always better.

Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!
 
Posts: 123
Joined: 18 Dec 2017
Gender: None specified

Re: Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

Postby ice1972 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:49 pm

DoinItForTheFame wrote:
ice1972 wrote:Also we went on Houdini today for the first time since we had passes in 2015.....can someone go over that ridiculous ride....how do they do that? You never upside down so the outer shell must be rotating also....thatbrode is weird AF....


You’re welcome.


Honestly would have never known the ride has its own category....lol....seemed hokey AF.....IDK....

Online
Why do I still have a donkey title???
User avatar
 
Posts: 6800
Joined: 21 Mar 2008
Location: Massachusetts
Gender: Male
Age: 26

Re: Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

Postby Canobie Coaster » Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:57 pm

ParcMan wrote:
ice1972 wrote:Read that WC was having issues today but we got on relatively painlessly around 2:30ish.....both trains were running and the only problem really was that people with “priority” boarding passes from the exit lane kept taking front row seats....that’s annoying AF - especially when you’re paying a premium to have the flash pass....had to wait three trains.....anyway the ride was flying....anybody know the actual issue today that I’ve read about on here?


Oh my gosh yes! Those flipping priority pass people were everywhere!! If I hadn't payed for the Platinum Flash Pass I would have been crazy annoyed with all the priority pass vultures!

As for the issue with WC, the lapbars on the orange train were throwing some weird sensor issues. When it came back in the station the ops would have to pull all the bars up and the computer was throwing an error code that the mechanic didn't know (I'm assuming) because he had to take a photo of the control panel and go research the solution.

So the blue train was taken off to glue padding on the front seat, then the orange train was throwing a tantrum and by the time they figured out the orange train, the glue had set on blue so they put it back on the track.

It took about an hour all together, it just sucks as it happened just as I was next in line for front row first ride of the year. So I was shaking like a junkie looking for his next fix of RMC goodness and the downtime just added to the insanity of my withdrawal symptoms!

Then just as the mechanic was finishing on WC he got a call that Flashback was down. Which is a funny story because for the past decade, every time I would go to the park Flashback would close and stay closed all day. Usually this would happen as I was in line for it or walking toward it (no lie)! Flashback was the only credit in the park I had yet to get and it did the same thing on me yesterday! So I was bummed thinking it was gonna stay closed for the rest of the day, then just as I was leaving the park and my final ride on WC, Flashback opened and I FINALLY jumped on it and was thoroughly disappointed as I knew I would be!


Did Flashback get stuck on the second lift again?
Top 3 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland)
Top 3 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce
Image
Most Recent Trip Reports- Rainbow MagicLand & Gardaland

Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!
 
Posts: 123
Joined: 18 Dec 2017
Gender: None specified

Re: Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

Postby ice1972 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:53 pm

^lol....I don’t ride flashback anymore....I can’t stand those OTS restraints and honestly I feel like I’m gonna just fall out at any moment.....even on the lift hill lol....that combined with it’s valley history I’m just not getting on it....they need to get rid of that thing.....and Goliath....and then build something big....expand to the north where the property is still undeveloped.....

What's with the donkeys anyway?
 
Posts: 65
Joined: 25 Apr 2016
Gender: None specified

Re: Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

Postby Srosdude » Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:59 pm

“Priority Boarding” is the term we use for our access pass, which is used for medical reasons and/or disabilities. Not sure why they’re using them every train on the front row. They’re not supposed to be filling them in row 1, and should be alternating which train is being filled with the Acess Pass. Sorry about that everyone! Glad to hear you guys are enjoying Superman! That’s usually where I’m operating.
208 Feet Up, 221 Feet Down. If you're not scared, you should be. Enjoy your ride on Superman.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!

Who is online

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests

These pages are in no way affiliated with nor endorsed by SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment, Cedar Fair, Legoland, Merlin Entertainment,
Blackstone, Tussaud's Group, Six Flags, Universal Theme Parks, the Walt Disney Company or any other theme park company.

All onride photos and videos on this website were taken with the permission of the park by a professional ride photographer.
For yours  and others safety, please do not attempt to take photos or videos at parks without proper permission.

Disclaimer!  You need a sense of humor to view our site, 
if you don't have a sense of humor, or are easily offended, please turn back now!
Most of the content on this forum is suitable for all ages. HOWEVER!
There may be some content that would be considered rated "PG-13."
Theme Park Review is NOT recommended for ages under 13 years of age.

cron