Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

P. 796 - Supergirl Sky Flyer Announced for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 8 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

Postby Canobie Coaster » Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:55 am

logrog04 wrote:So I guess in the contract with Time Warner, Six Flags can’t use the possessive s anymore so Catwoman’s Whip became Catwoman Whip this season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting. I haven't heard of any other Six Flags removing the possessive on older rides yet.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland), Phoenix, Boulder Dash
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Schwur des Karnan
Most Recent Trip Reports- Knoebels & Dutch Wonderland

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby mary.pesik » Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:59 pm

Canobie Coaster wrote:
logrog04 wrote:So I guess in the contract with Time Warner, Six Flags can’t use the possessive s anymore so Catwoman’s Whip became Catwoman Whip this season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting. I haven't heard of any other Six Flags removing the possessive on older rides yet.

Yet they still keep "The" in front of Grid's name, when that isn't his official name. Even Jen McGrath called him "Grid" and then proceeded to call him something his arch-enemy besides Cyborg is. :( I feel kinda weird surrounded by all these people who had no idea who Grid was before this ride when I was all "WHY GRID" upon seeing Six Flags' erroneous name back in September 2018 (a time I didn't like Grid, mind you. :oops: It'd soon change when I saw him and Cyborg separate in Injustice 2.)
THE GRID

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby JG-77 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 1:18 pm

I wonder if this is related to why they renamed ME to Riddler Revenge and not Riddler's Revenge like at many other SF parks
1. El Toro :airtime: 2. El Toro :airtimer: 3. El Toro :airtime: 4. El Toro :airtimer: --- I'm not good at ranking...

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby mary.pesik » Sun Apr 07, 2019 1:31 pm

The Riddler Revenge was also the name of a Discovery at another Six Flags park which escapes me at the moment. Also, Catwoman Whip was the name of the Mondial Shake at SFNO and where the Catwoman statue in this ride comes from. This ride used to be the only themed to Poison Ivy until Katrina hit. I need another Poison Ivy ride! That, Two-Face, and Nightwing... oh we already have a Nightwing again but I hate Slingshots for obvious reasons
THE GRID

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:29 pm

JG-77 wrote:

I wonder if this is related to why they renamed ME to Riddler Revenge and not Riddler's Revenge like at many other SF parks

Yes, this is related. Six Flags is trying to become a global brand, especially in China, and the possessive 's is unique to English. It's difficult to translate into some languages, so a lot of companies are beginning to take it off all their marketing worldwide. It's the same reason for the name change to Disney California Adventure and the new movie posters/trailers saying Disney Aladdin in the same place where the 1992 ones said Disney's Aladdin.

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby njcoasterguy34 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:04 pm

They could make it less awkward by calling it "Whip of Catwoman".
Only one word describes Green Lantern: "OW!"

Postby Canobie Coaster » Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:19 pm

All the new DC rides have been without the possessive. It'll be interesting to see if SFMM's Riddler's Revenge is renamed in the near future.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland), Phoenix, Boulder Dash
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Schwur des Karnan
Most Recent Trip Reports- Knoebels & Dutch Wonderland

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby RollerManic » Sun Apr 07, 2019 5:55 pm

njcoasterguy34 wrote:They could make it less awkward by calling it "Whip of Catwoman".

I’m not convinced thats any less awkward except in the Romantic-branch languages (eg Spanish) where that kind of wording is conventional.

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby mary.pesik » Sun Apr 07, 2019 6:18 pm

RollerManic wrote:
njcoasterguy34 wrote:They could make it less awkward by calling it "Whip of Catwoman".

I’m not convinced thats any less awkward except in the Romantic-branch languages (eg Spanish) where that kind of wording is conventional.

Japanese

And I didn't realize all the DC rides were without possessive. Cyborg Hyper Drive anyone? I really thought the older rides like Riddler's Revenge and Joker's Jinx as well as Poison Ivy's Tangled Train/Catwoman's Whip, nearly all the SFNO rides (Joker's Jukebox and Lex Luthor's Invertatron) and Harley Quinn's Crazy Train were the only with possessive. I mean, Superman and Batman and Wonder Woman and Green Lantern and Cyborg all had their rides without possessive.
THE GRID

Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Postby ice1972 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:42 pm

How is Supe and WC running though? Anybody get on this weekend? Probably get up there next week or weekend.....

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!