Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

P. 781 - Cyborg Hyper Drive Media Day
Users viewing this topic: necoastergp and 11 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I ask dumb questions.

Re: Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

Postby djackson » Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:18 am

Mini-TR: Six Flags New England 7/14/2018

My family and I took the long journey from Baltimore to Agawam as a late Birthday trip for my 16th Birthday. It was a pretty packed day and by no means was I able to hit everything, partly due to my 4 hour stint in the waterpark. I was able to do Wicked Cyclone, Pandemonium, Batman: Dark Knight, Joker, Catwoman's Whip, Gotham
City Gauntlet and Superman: The Ride.

Wicked Cyclone: Caught this coaster in the earlier part of the day. I expected it to be Top 3 material but came off a little disappointed. I was expecting Skyrush style ejector and just an insanely fast paced ride but ended up getting a more tame ride in my opinion. Definitely in my top 10 but just wasn't what I was expecting. 8/10

Pandemonium: Amazingly fun. Family coaster. In my opinion every park needs a family coaster along the lines of this one. My home park's family coaster is Rajin Cajun and the amount of fun experienced on that pales in comparison to the amount of fun had on Pandemonium. 7/10

Joker: I've ridden the one at Great Adventure. Got a couple more flips this time but nothing different about this one. 6/10

Batman: Dark Knight: Extremely middle of the road floorless coaster. Probably my least favorite of the floorless coasters due to the pacing. 5/10

Catwoman's Whip: Standard Zierer Tivoli. SFA should get one.

Gotham City Gauntlet: Quite possibly the worst Wild Mouse I've ever been on.

Superman: The Ride: And to think I was going to skip this one. My oh my is this an amazing coaster. This coaster mixes Superman: Ride of Steel airtime with skyrush-esque turns albeit less intense. This coaster is truly a masterpiece and earned my #2 spot behind I305. 9.9/10
My Home park is Six Flags America
Coaster Count: 80 (I'm getting there lol)
Top 10: 1.I305 2.S:TR 3.SkyRush 4.El Toro 5.Valravn 6.WindexCyanide 7.B:TR 8.KK 9. Mineblower 10. Volcano
Instagram:kvng_coasters
YouTube: Kvng Of Coasters

Which came first the turtle or the donkey?

Postby gp1086 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:25 am

Thanks!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:40 am

You were going to go to skip Superman? What? :lol:

Beware of the Magic Donkey at Lotte World!

Postby Chasehat » Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:44 am

WC really has not been running well at all for basically the last 2 months. It’s had a bit of a vibration that I also think is leading to slower rides. Superman on the other has been running great despite only one train and in their current states at this moment Superman is IMO the far superior ride.
Top 10 coasters
1. El Toro 2. Superman (SFNE) 3. Steel Vengance
4. Skyrush 5. Maverick 6. Millennium Force
7. Wicked Cyclone 8. Storm Chaser
9. Boulder Dash 10. Fury 325

I ask dumb questions.

Postby djackson » Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:53 am

Yeah, I was going to skip Superman for another ride on Wicked Cyclone or my first ride on Harley Quinn.

I didn't really notice any rattle on Wicked Cyclone but I'd still agree that Superman is far surperior even with the pain stakingly slow one train ops.
My Home park is Six Flags America
Coaster Count: 80 (I'm getting there lol)
Top 10: 1.I305 2.S:TR 3.SkyRush 4.El Toro 5.Valravn 6.WindexCyanide 7.B:TR 8.KK 9. Mineblower 10. Volcano
Instagram:kvng_coasters
YouTube: Kvng Of Coasters

Postby Canobie Coaster » Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:35 am

^ The one train ops on Superman thankfully isn't the norm for SFNE. I'm glad you rode it since it's the star of the park still when it's running like it has the past 2 years.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Schwur des Karnan
Most Recent Trip Reports- Arnolds Park & Nickelodeon Universe/Mall of America

Postby thrillrider » Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:41 am

Canobie Coaster wrote:^ The one train ops on Superman thankfully isn't the norm for SFNE. I'm glad you rode it since it's the star of the park still when it's running like it has the past 2 years.

They were also running 2 trains when we were there a few weeks ago. In my book, this would be a top 10 coaster if it was not for the lap bar.
341 steel coasters
114 wood coasters

Postby thrillseeker4552 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:20 pm

thrillrider wrote:In my book, this would be a top 10 coaster if it was not for the lap bar.

:nina:

Truer words have never been spoken.
Steel: 176 / Wood: 32 / Total: 208
Home Parks: Knott's (when home), Lagoon (at school)
Favorite Coaster: Intimidator 305

Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Postby ice1972 » Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:51 pm

We got in a pretty epic day today....probably the longest visit since we’ve been members since Fall 2015....9 hr visit.....I’ll back up to Saturday when me and my daughter decided to try to go up to Agawam around 12:30....we live only 30 min away so for us to drive up there whenever or stay for only a couple hours is no biggie....dude when we arrived at 1:00 the traffic to get to the general parking gate was backed up to the main road....never saw it like that....the weather was clear, sunny, and Effin hot AF.....it took 25 min to get to the gate....the parking lot was full to the back lot....we left

However....I checked the forecast and it was supposed to rain all night saturday and into Sunday morning so I said to her “let’s come back tomorrow at opening.....nobody is gonna be here”.....she was like “heck ya”......

So we arrived today at 11:00 and just as I predicted we walked right in to the park.....met up with some friends and walked right on to Thunderbolt.....my younger son who isn’t tall enough for the big stuff likes Thunderbolt.....then we ate and met up with some more friends and headed to a Superman....walked on.....I complained to my fellow coaster enthusiast friend how it was lame that Superman was only using one train but now that I’ve read through this thread I know they’re using one train.....still are as of today....great great ride....

As the day progressed the crowd didn’t get out of hand.....pretty sure the morning conditions - heavy rain and forecast of rain - kept most folks home.....but it never rained until about 7......we did 90 minutes of water and then left and decided to hit Batman, Riddler, and a last ride on Superman when water closed.....

Great thing here is that my 11 yr old daughter who has finally reached critical height for the big stuff finally decided to throw it down and actually get on the big stuff....she killed Batman twice and loved it....she was nervous about the restraints for some reason.....she got spoiled with the sweet restraints on Riddler.....then we hit Riddler real quick and then headed to the big guy - Superman.....this was the moment......I rode with her in car 4.....her friend rode in front....she never waive red....killed it....loved it and stayed on for a second ride as they let her and her friend reride without getting off....there was nobody in line.....she killed the second ride again.....

And then we were so tired by 7:00.....we left.....I am still very surprised how the weather impacted the crowd.....awful on Saturday to epically empty inn sunday on the “chance of rain”.....we take advantage of these days cuz this is what happens.....also the park never closed early.....it didn’t rain really until 8 and by then they’re all in on the day.....I’ve been there when they close the park early “for weather” and no question it was cuz of the size of the crowd and not the weather.....

All in all a really epic day......so proud of my daughter....she graduated to the big boys today.....

Postby Canobie Coaster » Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:10 pm

ice1972 wrote:Superman.....this was the moment......I rode with her in car 4.....her friend rode in front....she never waive red....killed it....loved it and stayed on for a second ride as they let her and her friend reride without getting off....there was nobody in line.....she killed the second ride again.....

Glad she liked Superman; it really is exciting seeing someone graduate to the bigger rides. We've all been there.

I'm stunned you were able to reride without walking around. SFNE usually has a hard policy against this.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Schwur des Karnan
Most Recent Trip Reports- Arnolds Park & Nickelodeon Universe/Mall of America

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!