Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

P. 796 - Supergirl Sky Flyer Announced for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: SK4494 and 9 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

Postby Canobie Coaster » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:15 pm

Those look like the Premier ones.

The old Vekoma ones were staggered on the end seats.
Top 3 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland)
Top 3 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce
Most Recent Trip Reports- Rainbow MagicLand & Gardaland

Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Postby ice1972 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:19 pm

Canobie Coaster wrote:^ The Six Flags app claims a full queue for Harley is 70 minutes and from the dispatch times I saw last weekend, that very well could be accurate.

Did you ride Superman in the red train? For whatever reason, that one tends to rattle more than the blue one. Still neither gives a ride I'd consider the least bit rough though.

Rode today and can’t say which train I rode but I will pay attention now.....I am trying tonfiguremout where on the train has the best floater air....I mean clearly it’s near the center but last time I rode I picked the car in the middle that only has one row....there’s a big S thing on the train in the second row of that car for whatever reason.....it was especially rough....and floater was ok but not great.....today I chose the second row of the car in front of that....and it was so
Much better....but you mentioning the difference in general ride between the trains is curious.....your tohoights on best train and car combo for that really amazing free fall feel over those hills?

Postby ice1972 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:22 pm

Canobie Coaster wrote:Those look like the Premier ones.

The old Vekoma ones were staggered on the end seats.

So no change then? Is it the Premier that’s so sucky? I rode it last season and man I had the biggest headache walking off it.....why did they change it?

Postby ice1972 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:38 pm

Also finally rode Fireball....my daughter loves the ride and she begged me and I couldn’t resist....I ride coasters of any size and I just couldn’t bring Myself to ride this thing....I don’t like upside down stall rides....but I got on and had a blast...

So in exchange she promised to ride Riddlers Revenge....we rode it twice....second time in front....awesome with the new restraints they put on.....it’s a totally different ride....well done SFNE

Postby Canobie Coaster » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:54 pm

ice1972 wrote:
Canobie Coaster wrote:^ The Six Flags app claims a full queue for Harley is 70 minutes and from the dispatch times I saw last weekend, that very well could be accurate.

Did you ride Superman in the red train? For whatever reason, that one tends to rattle more than the blue one. Still neither gives a ride I'd consider the least bit rough though.

Rode today and can’t say which train I rode but I will pay attention now.....I am trying tonfiguremout where on the train has the best floater air....I mean clearly it’s near the center but last time I rode I picked the car in the middle that only has one row....there’s a big S thing on the train in the second row of that car for whatever reason.....it was especially rough....and floater was ok but not great.....today I chose the second row of the car in front of that....and it was so
Much better....but you mentioning the difference in general ride between the trains is curious.....your tohoights on best train and car combo for that really amazing free fall feel over those hills?

It's not a major enough difference to warrant me waiting an extra ride for the other train but just something I have noticed.

The missing row is leftovers from the old audio when it was Bizarro.
Top 3 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland)
Top 3 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce
Most Recent Trip Reports- Rainbow MagicLand & Gardaland

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:04 am

ice1972 wrote:Rode today and can’t say which train I rode but I will pay attention now.....I am trying tonfiguremout where on the train has the best floater air....I mean clearly it’s near the center but last time I rode I picked the car in the middle that only has one row....there’s a big S thing on the train in the second row of that car for whatever reason.....it was especially rough....and floater was ok but not great.....today I chose the second row of the car in front of that....and it was so

ice1972 wrote:Also finally rode Fireball....my daughter loves the ride and she begged me and I couldn’t resist....I ride coasters of any size and I just couldn’t bring Myself to ride this thing....I don’t like upside down stall rides....but I got on and had a blast...

So in exchange she promised to ride Riddlers Revenge....we rode it twice....second time in front....awesome with the new restraints they put on.....it’s a totally different ride....well done SFNE

Holy crap periods and spellcheck are your friends.

Postby ice1972 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:37 am

I know

Sorry

boldikus wrote:
ice1972 wrote:Rode today and can’t say which train I rode but I will pay attention now.....I am trying tonfiguremout where on the train has the best floater air....I mean clearly it’s near the center but last time I rode I picked the car in the middle that only has one row....there’s a big S thing on the train in the second row of that car for whatever reason.....it was especially rough....and floater was ok but not great.....today I chose the second row of the car in front of that....and it was so

ice1972 wrote:Also finally rode Fireball....my daughter loves the ride and she begged me and I couldn’t resist....I ride coasters of any size and I just couldn’t bring Myself to ride this thing....I don’t like upside down stall rides....but I got on and had a blast...

Postby ice1972 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:37 am

I know

Sorry

boldikus wrote:

Harry Potter is a sick donkey.

Postby qwimjim » Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:11 am

Does anyone know if the water park has lifejackets for little kids (5 years old) on hand or is it something we have to bring?
What about towels?

Also, I know roller coasters you can't have phones, etc.. but whats the deal with waterslides, same? no gopros?

Postby alilstronger » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:23 pm

qwimjim wrote:Does anyone know if the water park has lifejackets for little kids (5 years old) on hand or is it something we have to bring?
What about towels?

Also, I know roller coasters you can't have phones, etc.. but whats the deal with waterslides, same? no gopros?

Their life jacket policy is on their website... https://www.sixflags.com/newengland/plan-your-visit/water-park-information

No, they do no provide towels.
I may not know everything about coasters... what I do know is they are my life...
Home park: Six Flags America
Favorite park overall: All Walt Disney World Parks
Favorite Steels: Maverick, Millennium Force, Sky Rush, Talon, Poltergeist, I-305
Favorite Woodies: Iron Rattler, Phoenix, Roar, El Toro, Jack Rabbit, Thunderbolt, The Raven, The Legend
TPR Trips: Northeast 2011, LeviaTHON 2012

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!