Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

P. 796 - Supergirl Sky Flyer Announced for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 7 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I wrote the book about donkeys!

Re: Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

Postby BoulderDash » Sun Sep 04, 2016 8:50 pm

Splash water Falls closes tomorrow, I think deconstruction will start very soon after as well. I think they will be taking it apart so it can be sold/relocated too but not positive.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Vonni » Sun Sep 04, 2016 10:26 pm

^ Perhaps it could be going to the new SF water park in Mexico?

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby SFOG1991 » Sun Sep 04, 2016 11:52 pm

ECZenith wrote:Hello all,

I am going to Six Flags New England tomorrow and am a little nervous about the crowds... I read in this thread that Saturday was light crowd wise. Do you think we can expect the same for tomorrow (holiday) or do you anticipate a very busy day ?

Also, will my Six Flags Great America parking pass (built into my season pass) work at SFNE? I am so looking forward to getting back on Wicked Cyclone, thanks in advance for the help.

I was at the park today (well yesterday ...Sunday) and it was packed. Your parking pass will work but otherwise go Gold or Platinum Flash Pass but buy it on site if it is busy (I assume it will be). The season Flash Pass is 249 and will work for all of 2017 at all Siix Flags parks but you need to buy a 2017 season pass first to get it. My bf (disclosure gay couple haha) and I will be at the park from opening for a few hours if you want to meet up or say hi. It was packed on Sunday and the ops were terrible so get there early even if you opt for Flash Pass. Feel free to PM me. Hope you have a great day at the park!!!

Postby SFOG1991 » Mon Sep 05, 2016 12:07 am

I had my first visit to the park Sunday and my review is mixed. The park is nicer and bigger than people make it out to be. It's very generic but nice. I absolutely loved most employees but the ride ops were dreadful. If only the ops were better... the employees are friendly enough as is but WOW ops are so bad the rides can't be fulfilling much more than half their potential. I was underwhelmed by Superman after hearing great things but it's still a top notch older Intimin. WC exceeded my expectations. This park would be great if they stopped with all the policy nonsense, filled the trains, and stopped forcing riders into rows. I was basically attacked on Superman for taking a row I was told I was allowed to have then not moving to another row for no reason when the main op said I couldn't be there. I had to fight it until the other rows were filled. It was painful. The flash pass and season pass processing employees were wonderful though. They trump pretty much any employee in the Six Flags chain even though they were overwhelmed on a busy day with customers confused by 2017 sales offerings.

I may seem like I'm complaining but it's really a better park than expected.

Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Postby MindbenderManiac » Mon Sep 05, 2016 5:53 am

SFOG1991 wrote:

I am going to Six Flags New England tomorrow and am a little nervous about the crowds... I read in this thread that Saturday was light crowd wise. Do you think we can expect the same for tomorrow (holiday) or do you anticipate a very busy day ?

Also, will my Six Flags Great America parking pass (built into my season pass) work at SFNE? I am so looking forward to getting back on Wicked Cyclone, thanks in advance for the help.

I was at the park today (well yesterday ...Sunday) and it was packed. Your parking pass will work but otherwise go Gold or Platinum Flash Pass but buy it on site if it is busy (I assume it will be). The season Flash Pass is 249 and will work for all of 2017 at all Siix Flags parks but you need to buy a 2017 season pass first to get it. My bf (disclosure gay couple haha) and I will be at the park from opening for a few hours if you want to meet up or say hi. It was packed on Sunday and the ops were terrible so get there early even if you opt for Flash Pass. Feel free to PM me. Hope you have a great day at the park!!!

We were at the park yesterday too. We got there about 4 cause we did Lake Compounce first. Flash pass was a must, and I tried to buy the all season flash pass, but I hadn't processed my SFOG 2017 SP yet. Drat... But still paying the money for the gold pass straight was money well spent based on the crowds. Ride operations were terrible as the night progressed, in fact I think we waited 30 minutes for WC in the station alone around 915pm as they were taking like 10 minutes to dispatch a train. And had we known you were there SFOG1991, my bf and I would have introduced ourselves, as it seems we share the same home Six Flags. All in all it was great to get back to SFNE, operations aside.

Postby anonymouscactus » Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:23 am

Where does it state that season long flash pass is good for all parks? First I've heard that

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby BoulderDash » Mon Sep 05, 2016 11:55 am

99% sure it is only good at the park you buy it at. If you go to SFNE a ton and live very close by, it seems like a great deal.

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:01 pm

anonymouscactus wrote:Where does it state that season long flash pass is good for all parks? First I've heard that

It is not good at other parks.
Its not.JPG
from the SFNE website
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

Postby SFOG1991 » Mon Sep 05, 2016 11:48 pm

MindbenderManiac wrote:
SFOG1991 wrote:

We were at the park yesterday too. We got there about 4 cause we did Lake Compounce first. Flash pass was a must, and I tried to buy the all season flash pass, but I hadn't processed my SFOG 2017 SP yet. Drat... But still paying the money for the gold pass straight was money well spent based on the crowds. Ride operations were terrible as the night progressed, in fact I think we waited 30 minutes for WC in the station alone around 915pm as they were taking like 10 minutes to dispatch a train. And had we known you were there SFOG1991, my bf and I would have introduced ourselves, as it seems we share the same home Six Flags. All in all it was great to get back to SFNE, operations aside.

I've never been one to meet up with other enthusiasts randomly but you seem nice and I'm sure it would've been nice to meet you and your bf. We were at Wicked Cyclone at that time too. Do y'all have matching r ings? I noticed two guys with r ings just like ours lol and we prevented those guys from boarding due to our double ride wristband. Small world to have two local SFOG visitors at SFNE the same day. My bf and I agree ops were painfully awful but at least employees were surprisingly friendly.

We went to Lake Compounce today (Monday) actually and found Blouder Dash to be great but too rough to enjoy. We rode twice and had to give up. Wildcat was closed. Not the best visit but the park was nice and with retracking we would return without a doubt.

We would definitely be open to meeting up at SFOG (or Lake Winnie or Dollywood) sometime. We aren't weird annoying enthusiast types which is always my concern meeting other enthusiasts. Feel free to PM me if y'all want to say hi sometime. We wouldn't mind having nearby friends interested in coasters/parks.

Postby SFOG1991 » Mon Sep 05, 2016 11:54 pm

larrygator wrote:
anonymouscactus wrote:Where does it state that season long flash pass is good for all parks? First I've heard that

It is not good at other parks.

I was told by multiple employees at SFNE that it was good at all parks. I didn't believe it so I requested the Flash Pass manager and they confirmed it was good at all Six Flags properties... I will not be happy if that isn't honored. They sold me on the fact that it was for all parks even after I mentioned the promotion said otherwise. Curious to see what happens but from my interactions with managers it is good at all parks. I never fully trust Six Flags though.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!