Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

P. 796 - Supergirl Sky Flyer Announced for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Re: Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

Postby xVicesAndVirtues » Thu Aug 11, 2016 2:50 pm

I've seen both SFFT and Great Adventure move the lines pretty quick with their coasters, so long as guests are complying with the ride ops' instructions. Usually they keep people standing "on deck" for the next train to come while loading the other train, plus both parks did a good job of stopping the main line and sending people evenly to each side of the ride.

That being said, while I think this itself is a good addition to SFNE, I think Six Flags as a whole is starting to make a pattern with the whole "put the same ride everywhere" thing, kind of like how every park has gotten the Larson loop "coaster" flat ride in the past couple years. I know that this isn't exactly new for them, with 3 Superman Flyers in the chain, a ton of BTR clones, then the Dark Knight coasters a couple years back, but the more they do it, the less special and unique each park feels. I'll be kind of disappointed if every single Six Flags ends up with the exact same 4D Free Fly 3 years from now.

Nothing beats Cali coasters

Postby chickenbowl » Thu Aug 11, 2016 3:39 pm

Genx24 wrote:You won't be disappointed once you ride it.

I was. I found Batman to be very uncomfortable and not enjoyable.
Chasing Airtime
Steel Vengeance|Intimidator 305|Maverick|Hakugei|Skyrush
Lightning Rod|T Express|Outlaw Run|El Toro|Phoenix

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Location: dimension not only of sight & sound but parabolic airtime hills/g-spot orgasms

Postby DirkFunk » Thu Aug 11, 2016 3:51 pm

coasterbill wrote:
It may not be a nice thing to say, but in my opinion it's also an honest observation. That's not to say they don't have a few people that rise above the climate of mediocrity and rudeness towards guests but those people are the exception, not the rule. The staff is a little better than they used to be. Ironically I think the single worst year they ever had staff wise was the year they were voted by the Golden Ticket awards as the 5th friendlest park in the world (which had to be done sarcastically).

The culture is ingrained going way, way, way back. Also I'm sure whatever year that was had to be the one they had ACE's CoasterCon.

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby Genx24 » Thu Aug 11, 2016 4:36 pm

chickenbowl wrote:I was. I found Batman to be very uncomfortable and not enjoyable.

Oh well. I found Joker to be bats**t insane and a wonderful addition. Can't wait to ride the one up in NE next summer.
Total Coasters: 140

Annoying, impatient and needs to be kicked by a donkey.

Postby I305forever » Thu Aug 11, 2016 5:39 pm

^ He was good, but I don't think he lived up to Heath Ledge- oh.
Still confused about why vekomas headquarters hasn't been burnt down by an angry mob of enthusiasts

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby xVicesAndVirtues » Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:30 pm

I can somewhat sympathize with those who didn't enjoy the ride experience. Just like the Intamin Zac-Spin coasters, free-spinning means free-spinning. Sometimes you get a mild ride, sometimes you get a more intense but really fun ride, but sometimes you get a very out-of-balance ride that spins uncontrollably, which I found felt like a more intense, more unpleasant flat ride experience like a Zipper or something.

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby BoulderDash » Sun Aug 14, 2016 7:58 am

Looks like Goliath has started testing! They have been working on the towers the past few days so it should be back up soon. Then down again soon. :D

https://www.facebook.com/sfneonline/videos/1072045086166467/

token black guy

Postby jarmor » Sun Aug 14, 2016 8:28 am

This park has bad ops? I can only account from my one visit but the ride ops I encountered were really nice and helpful. Some told me to to use the flash pass entrance since I was a single rider and I even had one ride op on the water coaster find a group of people for me to ride with since I was alone. I felt that was going above and beyond.
"B&M will NEVER build a coaster over 300 ft..." until 2012
"Cedar Fair will NEVER build a coaster taller than MF..." until 2015

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby Genx24 » Sun Aug 14, 2016 8:46 am

You got the exception then, I guess. I've visited the park on multiple occasions, and the words "nice" and "helpful" are not adjectives I'd use to describe their ride ops.
Total Coasters: 140

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:04 pm

This piece of sh*t is open again as of about 5 minutes ago.

First train in over 2 months... (From the SF New England Connoisseurs page). Hurry up and ride it before the next catastrophic failure. Time is ticking. :lol:

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!