Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

P. 796 - Supergirl Sky Flyer Announced for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 6 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
This B&M donkey is so smooth!

Re: Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

Postby gecomet92 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:33 am

Yup

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby RyanTPM » Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:40 am

gecomet92 wrote:SFNE sent out a press release saying the announcement will be made at 5:15 EST

Where is this press release?

You're going to need a bigger Donkey

Postby Diamondbacker27 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:45 am

gecomet92 wrote:Yup

Great, I'm glad that they are posting it in the morning. Instead of at 5 like most parks.
Wood-22
Steel- 84
Total- 106

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:07 am

RyanTPM wrote:
gecomet92 wrote:SFNE sent out a press release saying the announcement will be made at 5:15 EST

Where is this press release?

It was sent out to people who get press releases! (we got it, too.)

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby camthedominator » Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:19 pm

So essentially what you are saying is you are the first to hear about any new roller coasters.

I'd like to buy a vowel!

Postby KBrylczyk » Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:41 pm

coasterbill wrote:With all due respect I guess I just don't get it with Cyclone. I never rode it when it was new and with the old first drop but in it's current state I thought it was dull on it's best days and rough on it's worst days. We only rode it because it never had a line... it just didn't do anything except for crawl around the course and occasionally jar the hell out of everyone on the train..

What this guy said. I don't understand the sudden outpouring of love for this coaster. Yeah, in its original form I'm sure it was great. After it got butchered with the new first drop the thing moved slower than molasses in winter. I had more faith in Anaconda at Walygator making it through the course -

Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/539c3534a7c7084b61a754366e69a2bf.jpg[/img][/url]

Challenge me at Donkey Kong...I dare ya!

Postby neil009 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:49 pm

KBrylczyk wrote:
coasterbill wrote:With all due respect I guess I just don't get it with Cyclone. I never rode it when it was new and with the old first drop but in it's current state I thought it was dull on it's best days and rough on it's worst days. We only rode it because it never had a line... it just didn't do anything except for crawl around the course and occasionally jar the hell out of everyone on the train..

What this guy said. I don't understand the sudden outpouring of love for this coaster. Yeah, in its original form I'm sure it was great. After it got butchered with the new first drop the thing moved slower than molasses in winter. I had more faith in Anaconda at Walygator making it through the course -

What's not to understand? Certain people loved it in its original form. If you never rode it in its original form, then of course you wouldn't feel the same way. Obviously you're not going to "get it". The love is for how it rode when it opened, not when it closed. So why bother commenting when you have nothing relevant to say?

There is no such thing as a donkey punch.

Postby PaTim » Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:35 pm

^ It's funny you posted a video of Anaconda, which like Cyclone was a Bill Cobb design. I never rode the Cyclone in its original form, but there's a few videos on YouTube that portray it in its opening year. Even in those videos it resembled pretty much every other Cobb coaster, where it barely made it over it's hills, which were very rounded and seemed to be engineered to eliminate negative g-forces. IMHO PTC was light years ahead of Cobb in that time period, as their coasters were designed to have floater airtime and consistent speed. Wasn't it Cobb who said he liked to incorporate "heart-stopping pauses" in his rides?

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:54 pm

camthedominator wrote:So essentially what you are saying is you are the first to hear about any new roller coasters.

Sure.

I'd like to buy a vowel!

Postby KBrylczyk » Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:57 pm

neil009 wrote:The love is for how it rode when it opened, not when it closed. So why bother commenting when you have nothing relevant to say?

If that's the case then that ride has been looooooooooong dead and gone and has no relevance for the current remodel. Also what I said was relevant, just not apparently relevant to fanboys. The ride was crap when I rode it (2009) and was the same crap when it closed. It'll be re-worked into something incredible. End of story.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/539c3534a7c7084b61a754366e69a2bf.jpg[/img][/url]

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!