Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

P. 796 - Supergirl Sky Flyer Announced for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 6 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Site Admin

Re: Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

Postby robbalvey » Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:35 pm

ScreaminNewEngland wrote:None of the admins on sfne online understand why we are blocked.

I'm sure they know EXACTLY why. They aren't stupid.

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby CanobieFan » Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:41 pm

robbalvey wrote:
ScreaminNewEngland wrote:None of the admins on sfne online understand why we are blocked.

I don't mean to come across rude, but they honestly don't. Our sites would actually like to get along. They have no idea why they are blocked, and other sites are apparently experiencing this. Maybe something happened behind the scenes. But in all honesty, as part of SFNE Online some time ago, we have no idea what's we did wrong. If our sites worked together, I bet this thread would be the most reliable. :)
I LOVE CLASSIC WOODEN COASTERS AND NOSTALGIA.
I AM STRONGLY AGAINST NEUTERING WOODEN COASTERS
(Sadly) I AM THOROUGHLY AGAINST TOPPER TRACK. WOODEN COASTERS ARE SUPPOSED TO RATTLE YOU.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:58 pm

CanobieFan wrote:
robbalvey wrote:

I don't mean to come across rude, but they honestly don't. Our sites would actually like to get along. They have no idea why they are blocked, and other sites are apparently experiencing this. Maybe something happened behind the scenes. But in all honesty, as part of SFNE Online some time ago, we have no idea what's we did wrong. If our sites worked together, I bet this thread would be the most reliable. :)

Posting about this publicly is really not appropriate. I responded to the comment, fair enough. But if anyone from the site wants to contact me privately, they are more than welcome to.

Challenge me at Donkey Kong...I dare ya!

Postby neil009 » Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:17 pm

Rai Fox wrote:Still too bad the rest of the park isn't likely to make a good home for the coaster given its history...but...optimism, right? >.>

Assuming they make the restraints right and nobody flings, you have nothing to worry about.

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby CanobieFan » Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:37 am

My all time favorite video, and it describes the best ride I've ever ridden. I've been on over 50+ coasters, Cyclone remains my #1. I love and miss you Cyclone. :cry:
I LOVE CLASSIC WOODEN COASTERS AND NOSTALGIA.
I AM STRONGLY AGAINST NEUTERING WOODEN COASTERS
(Sadly) I AM THOROUGHLY AGAINST TOPPER TRACK. WOODEN COASTERS ARE SUPPOSED TO RATTLE YOU.

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby Brassinthegrass » Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:47 am

You sir, have a future in voiceover work...

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:52 am

With all due respect I guess I just don't get it with Cyclone. I never rode it when it was new and with the old first drop but in it's current state I thought it was dull on it's best days and rough on it's worst days. We only rode it because it never had a line... it just didn't do anything except for crawl around the course and occasionally jar the hell out of everyone on the train.

They played up the fact that the coaster was a classic but it really wasn't all that old... especially when compared to the much better wood coaster just a few hundred feet away from it. I won't miss this ride at all. If I was going to complain about things SFNE removed this would be at the bottom of the list. Ride removals like Colossus, the Log Flume, Time Warp, Shipwreck Falls, Rodeo and Spider and possibly the New England Skyway annoy me much more. Especially because most of them weren't replaced with anything new and the only one that was (the Log Flume) was replaced with one of the ugliest and dumbest water rides ever constructed. Colossus was kind of replaced but with an ugly upcharge carnival ride and a relocated swing ride from somewhere else in the park. Cyclone is going to be replaced with something awesome and if you want to ride a great classic wood coaster there's one over by Scream.

This B&M donkey is so smooth!

Postby gecomet92 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:54 am

SFNE sent out a press release saying the announcement will be made at 5:15 EST

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby tororific » Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:56 am

coasterbill wrote:With all due respect I guess I just don't get it with Cyclone. I never rode it when it was new and with the old first drop but in it's current state I thought it was dull on it's best days and rough on it's worst days. We only rode it because it never had a line... it just didn't do anything except for crawl around the course and occasionally jar the hell out of everyone on the train.

They played up the fact that the coaster was a classic but it really wasn't all that old... especially when compared to the much better wood coaster just a few hundred feet away from it. I won't miss this ride at all. If I was going to complain about things SFNE removed this would be at the bottom of the list. Ride removals like Colossus, the Log Flume, Time Warp, Shipwreck Falls, Rodeo and Spider and possibly the New England Skyway annoy me much more. Especially because most of them weren't replaced with anything new and the only one that was (the Log Flume) was replaced with one of the ugliest and dumbest water rides ever constructed. Colossus was kind of replaced but with an ugly upcharge carnival ride and a relocated swing ride from somewhere else in the park. Cyclone is going to be replaced with something awesome and if you want to ride a great classic wood coaster there's one over by Scream.

i agree with this -- I rode it in its original form, and it was mostly uncomfortable.

You're going to need a bigger Donkey

Postby Diamondbacker27 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:01 am

gecomet92 wrote:SFNE sent out a press release saying the announcement will be made at 5:15 EST

AM?
Wood-22
Steel- 84
Total- 106

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!