Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

P. 796 - Supergirl Sky Flyer Announced for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 7 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Nobody beats the Ziz

Re: Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

Postby canadianparkfan » Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:28 pm

^Same here. **However**, They seem like a company that really respects the enthusiasts aswell as the general public, and may learn from B&M's "mistakes".

In addition, enthusiasts seemed a little less prominent back then (can someone who was an active enthusiast back then correct me if I'm wrong?... Robb maybe?). In this day and age, with the advent of the internet, and RMC able to hear the opinions of everybody, GP and fanboys alike, I have some confidence we will not see another B&M, or Intamin for that matter (going too far to the other extreme).

As a side note, I'm not hating on B&M or Intamin in any way. I'm just simply stating my opinion that RMC will most likely learn from past mistakes made by other manufacturers.
Top 5 Steel Coasters:
1: Le Vampire, La Ronde 2: Mindbender, Galaxyland 3: Tie: Behemoth, Canada's Wonderland -- Goliath, La Ronde 4: Leviathan, Canada's Wonderland 5: Skyrider R.I.P. :(, Canada's Wonderland

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby kongker » Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:14 pm

wicked_cyclone_sfne.png

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby CPSFMMCW » Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:16 pm

WHHAAATTTT. Man, I gotta give them credit for that one. Very Clever. Well played Six Flags, well played.
Check out Coaster Studios on YouTube!
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheCoasterguy14
Twitter: @coasterstudios
Intimidator 305|El Toro|Apollo's Chariot|New Texas Giant|Nitro|Kingda Ka|Skyrush|Superman: Ride of Steel|Superman: Ultimate Flight|Volcano

Nobody beats the Ziz

Postby canadianparkfan » Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:44 pm

CPSFMMCW wrote:WHHAAATTTT. Man, I gotta give them credit for that one. Very Clever. Well played Six Flags, well played.

OMFG! Six Flags doing something clever???!??????!?!!?? :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
Last edited by canadianparkfan on Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:28 am.
Top 5 Steel Coasters:
1: Le Vampire, La Ronde 2: Mindbender, Galaxyland 3: Tie: Behemoth, Canada's Wonderland -- Goliath, La Ronde 4: Leviathan, Canada's Wonderland 5: Skyrider R.I.P. :(, Canada's Wonderland

Portugal needs more old-school B&M's!!!

Postby rcjp » Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:05 am

At least it's better than just steel or iron cyclone. Sounds nice, actually.
The Mr Freeze coasters should have speakers playing the sentence: "Let's kick some ice!" right before each launch

What does one say after riding a Batman clone?
The G force is strong with this one.

Nobody beats the Ziz

Postby canadianparkfan » Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:30 am

^i would've actually preferred "Steel Storm", myself.
Top 5 Steel Coasters:

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby camthedominator » Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:25 pm

Personally, I am not opposed to Intamins insanity, because that's what makes Intamin so special. You can never find rides as crazy as the ones Intamin makes, and that's what makes them so popular.

Nobody beats the Ziz

Postby canadianparkfan » Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:33 pm

camthedominator wrote:Personally, I am not opposed to Intamins insanity, because that's what makes Intamin so special. You can never find rides as crazy as the ones Intamin makes, and that's what makes them so popular.

I really wasn't referring to their insanity and intensity in my previous post, but more the problems related with being that insane lol (ie. Rides being down, complaints from the GP, blackouts etc.).

I'd have to say I'm with you though. I personally love rides that are just balls to the walls intense, no matter the manufacturer, hence why I will miss Skyrider at my home park so much when it closes in less than a week.

Here's to hoping the Wicked Cyclone is Wicked intense, and lives upto it's new name!
Top 5 Steel Coasters:

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby Rai Fox » Tue Aug 26, 2014 5:06 pm

I can't say I'm a huge fan of the way the name sounds; I like Iron Cyclone or Steel Cyclone better, myself, even if it's even more "obvious"...but if it turns out as good as everything else RMC has done, I don't think I'll care too much about the name. Still too bad the rest of the park isn't likely to make a good home for the coaster given its history...but...optimism, right? >.>

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby camthedominator » Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:54 pm

Yeah, I agree. A park with a history that goes back to the 1800's shouldn't be modernized. The name Wicked Twistah (he he New England joke) just doesn't suit the park.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!