Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

P. 796 - Supergirl Sky Flyer Announced for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 5 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I just swallowed a whole donkey!

Re: Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

Postby bill_s » Thu Sep 05, 2019 4:23 am

I thought Goliath was fine, when it was open. Not great but not at all rough.

I own the website www.donkey.com

Postby JT325 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:03 pm

Hey check out the Banana Splits at SFNE. I never knew about this; it's from years ago as the Cyclone is still the Cyclone (I loved that ride, btw!) This popped up on my youtube probably after looking at Banana Splits videos after the movie came out (liked it) and the news of Coney Island in Cincinnati. Those 2 searches spit this out! The Banana Splits original intro was shot at Coney Island, as well as SFOTexas... With one episode shot at Kings Island years later. Getting off topic... but that's what youtube does!

Cedar Point Frontier Lift 2020

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby Mike240SX » Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:12 pm

(Off topic) I had no idea what the Banana Splits were, but upon some research this movie thing sounds awesome:

The plot follows a family attending a taping of The Banana Splits television series, but trying to survive when Fleegle, Bingo, Drooper and Snorky become murderous upon learning of the cancellation of their show, starting a killing spree around the studio.
-Mike
Total Coasters: 134
Top 10 Steel: Maverick, Skyrush, Intimidator 305, Banshee, Millennium Force, Raptor, Superman: The Ride (SFNE), Top Thrill Dragster, Big Bad Wolf, Volcano
Top 10 Wood: The Beast, El Toro, Phoenix (Knoebels), Boulder Dash, Thunderbolt (KW), Mystic Timbers, Comet (Hershey), Hercules, Shivering Timbers, Jack Rabbit (KW)
Top 5 Hybrid: Twisted Timbers, Goliath (SFGAm), Wicked Cyclone, Great White, Gemini

I own the website www.donkey.com

Postby JT325 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:21 pm

^Good deal. Just a note: this is a direct-to-video low budget/goofy movie. Right up my alley - but not for everyone. I'd suggest watching some old Banana Splits episodes to get to know them; this movie is probably biggest with people close to my age. When I was little, the Brady Bunch was always on; as old as it already was, it was great. The Banana Splits were even older than the Brady Bunch! Seriously dated, but great stuff.

A new topic might be in order :mickey:
Cedar Point Frontier Lift 2020

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:11 am

Minutes from the Agawam Town Board confirm a ride will be removed for Supergirl. It doesn't say Kryptonite Kollider, but it makes too much sense.

Meeting Minutes
Top 3 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland)
Top 3 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce
Most Recent Trip Reports- Gardaland & Mirabilandia

Did the donkey fairy give me this title?

Postby Zand » Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:42 am

Canobie Coaster wrote:Minutes from the Agawam Town Board confirm a ride will be removed for Supergirl. It doesn't say Kryptonite Kollider, but it makes too much sense.

Meeting Minutes

Maybe they'll remove Goliath and put Kryptonite Kollider in its spot...since it doesnt look way out of place on a much larger pad or anything.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:54 am

^ The original announcement did say it's going in the DC Area.

Sorry Goliath isn't leaving. :lol:
Top 3 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland)
Top 3 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce
Most Recent Trip Reports- Gardaland & Mirabilandia

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby heatherrrrz » Mon Sep 30, 2019 6:17 am

Was at the park for fright fest on Saturday, lines for food were crazy and lines to get the maze passes were mobbed. We were in the main line when you walk down main street and the guy was directing people to other locations so we went to the location by the midnight mansion haunt. There was only one person handling all the sales so the line didn't move and we ended up moving back to the main street line which moved way faster.

Haunts themselves seemed a little lacking in the scares and I'm normally very easily scared. The props were amazing though and my favorite maze was the tales of terror one since it was all based on stories like 3 little pigs, hansel and gretel. The circus 3D was actually really boring and I hate clowns so I was surprised.

Overall, it was pretty good and I do want to go again and VIP was seriously necessary to hit all 5 mazes.

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:00 am

So the park was mobbed, lines for food were crazy, lines to get maze passes were mobbed, it was chaotic and unorganized, the Haunts were lacking scares and actually really boring.... but overall it was pretty good?

alrighty.gif

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby heatherrrrz » Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:35 am

boldikus wrote:So the park was mobbed, lines for food were crazy, lines to get maze passes were mobbed, it was chaotic and unorganized, the Haunts were lacking scares and actually really boring.... but overall it was pretty good?

alrighty.gif

Lol I know it's dumb but it wasn't terrible. Yes, lines were bad for everything and haunts were boring but I had a good night and that's all that matters. At least I didn't have to pay to get in, then I'd be pissed.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!