Worlds of Fun (WOF) Discussion Thread

P. 362: Timber Wolf gets an 70° over banked turn in 2018!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Re: Worlds of Fun (WOF) Discussion Thread

Postby Myself » Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:37 pm

Exactly how far back is Steelhawk from the bridges leading to it? If it isn't right up by them, I could easily see Cedar Fair turning the remainder of the old go-kart land into a new section of the park in a similar vein to what Cedar Point and Valleyfair are doing this year (and, to some extent, Knotts from last year).

In addition to Steelhawk, the area would ideally be home to a Disko Coaster and possibly some flyers. I've never been to WOF myself, but looking at Google Maps, the circular patio next to Patriot's gift shop (old Rockin' Reeler location) looks like it could easily become a second entrance into this area. The way the land is situated, such an entrance could pass right under the hill in the center of the Disko.

It's just some nonsensical ramblings of mine, but after the fine jobs CF seems to be doing with Route 76 and the Gemini Midway, I wouldn't be surprised to see more parks in the chain adopt a "family ride" area with a Disko Coaster...and with the vacated land from the go-karts, WOF just seems like a likely candidate to me.

I own the website www.donkey.com

Postby linearinduction » Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:51 pm

^ I wouldn't count on it in that area.

Jason X versus the Robot Space Donkey!

Postby Jaykethekid » Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:31 pm

Myself wrote:Exactly how far back is Steelhawk from the bridges leading to it? If it isn't right up by them, I could easily see Cedar Fair turning the remainder of the old go-kart land into a new section of the park in a similar vein to what Cedar Point and Valleyfair are doing this year (and, to some extent, Knotts from last year).

In addition to Steelhawk, the area would ideally be home to a Disko Coaster and possibly some flyers. I've never been to WOF myself, but looking at Google Maps, the circular patio next to Patriot's gift shop (old Rockin' Reeler location) looks like it could easily become a second entrance into this area. The way the land is situated, such an entrance could pass right under the hill in the center of the Disko.

It's just some nonsensical ramblings of mine, but after the fine jobs CF seems to be doing with Route 76 and the Gemini Midway, I wouldn't be surprised to see more parks in the chain adopt a "family ride" area with a Disko Coaster...and with the vacated land from the go-karts, WOF just seems like a likely candidate to me.

Yea as it could but it more than likely won't. Besides worlds of fun is in need of a high thrill unique coaster. Not some weak boring family ride.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/a119863cb40d603ccb6f817858d7c1d5.jpg[/img][/url]

Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Postby JonnyRCT3 » Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:53 pm

^Considering the parks current line-up of attractions. A medium sized family coaster would work just as well. WOF is a mix of a family & mild-thrill park, with Mamba and Patriot in the mix.

Only 1/2 CP fanboy

Postby CP_RULES » Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:14 pm

JonnyRCT3 wrote:^Considering the parks current line-up of attractions. A real thrill coaster would work just as well. WOF is a mix of a family & mild-thrill park, with coasters like Mamba and Patriot in the mix.

Fixed. Mamba's height doesn't make it any more thrilling, and Patriot is just fun; if it didn't have inversions it'd be a family ride too.
-Justin Seabaugh -Official Brake Fanboy
M-I-Z-Z-O-U ENGINEERING Go Tigers!

the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Postby The Yeti » Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:00 pm

I think the addition of Prowler basically accomplished the medium sized family coaster product that they needed. Sure the coast may not have a pull for crowds after 7 years, but the park lists Spinning Dragons as a more intense coaster than Prowler on their website.

Maybe it's because WoF is my home park (for now), but I think they could use a good thrilling coaster. They already have a ton of flat rides and water rides for families, not to mention more than 10 rides in Planet Snoopy for littler children plus Dinosaurs Alive (for now). The only rides requiring riders to be over 48 inches are Detonator, Patriot, and Thunderhawk and, while a 48 inch height limit means little about ride intensity, those height limits go a long way for families. That being said, I could care less about the height limit to ride a new coaster. I'm just hoping Worlds of Fun adds something that makes me need to go back there.

Jason X versus the Robot Space Donkey!

Postby Jaykethekid » Sat Apr 26, 2014 6:46 am

CP_RULES wrote:
JonnyRCT3 wrote:^Considering the parks current line-up of attractions. A real thrill coaster would work just as well. WOF is a mix of a family & mild-thrill park, with coasters like Mamba and Patriot in the mix.

Fixed. Mamba's height doesn't make it any more thrilling, and Patriot is just fun; if it didn't have inversions it'd be a family ride too.

Agreed. Mamba is a perfect starter hyper coaster. It has all that a hyper should have but doesn't go too extreme. I think it is a perfect ride to fit at worlds of fun. It has height and speed, but it still has a lot of airtime which you get in most hypers. Yea patriot is a very fun coaster, but true without inversions it would just be a 140ft tall family coaster. Yes worlds of fun is lacking in real thrills considering how most if the rides there are low par. But now that we just got steelhawk I would take anything that is not a flat ride. A nice large family coaster would be alright but we need another ride that sets us out in thrills. :roll: RMC :roll:
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/a119863cb40d603ccb6f817858d7c1d5.jpg[/img][/url]

Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Postby JonnyRCT3 » Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:27 am

CP_RULES wrote:

That was kinda my point, those are considered "BIG THRILL" coasters to the GP. WOF isn't exactly the place for these types of rides. Not saying it could never happen. It's just that all previous installments (everything there today) make it pretty obvious as to what their target audience is. Tried-and-true is tried-and-true.

If WOF is looking for something 'big', my money's on another B&M speed coaster.

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby Geauga Dog » Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:45 am

Looking at their ride lineup it seems WOF needs a replacement for Orient Express despite Patriot, though being an invert, being the only full-circuit looper in the park. A floorless would be somewhat unique and if Banshee is an indication that B&M have somewhat turned the corner (i.e. bringing back some intensity based on the reviews), that would be, personally speaking, my choice for the next coaster.

Only 1/2 CP fanboy

Postby CP_RULES » Sat Apr 26, 2014 1:24 pm

I've always thought WOF could benefit from a good solid launched coaster. A launch is something they've been without for... well... forever.
-Justin Seabaugh -Official Brake Fanboy
M-I-Z-Z-O-U ENGINEERING Go Tigers!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!