Worlds of Fun (WOF) Discussion Thread

P. 362: Timber Wolf gets an 70° over banked turn in 2018!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Worlds of Fun (WOF) Discussion Thread

Postby Vonni » Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:41 pm

coasterbill wrote:
Vonni wrote:I just saw on WOF's website that they are staying open until the first weekend of November this year, along with several other CF Parks. That's so exciting! I hope the crowds come out so they will continue to do this.

They probably won't honestly. The only reason they're doing it is because Halloween is on a Friday so it doesn't really make sense not to be open the first weekend in November (the 1st and 2nd). I would think that if Halloween fell on a Monday (just as an example) they wouldn't be open.

You are probably right

Postby Vonni » Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:05 am

Here is a link for a nice Steelhawk update. As you can see unfortunately it is being painted. I was hoping it would keep the color scheme that it had at Knott's, so it would still look unique, but still a nice addition for WOF. http://www.midwestinfoguide.com/worlds/2014/02.15/

I go to furry parties, I'm probably a brony too...

Postby tarheel1231 » Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:21 am

^Maybe giving it a different color scheme (along with a different name) will make people forget about the accident at Knotts.
I'm done.

I don't always seduce Donkeys, but when I do I use classy Champagne!

Postby _koppen » Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:51 am

^^ That's a shame, I really like the colors on the Knott's one. Oh well, I can totally understand that they want it the same as the others.
No. 1 Water Park guy!
The Megalite is *the* roller coaster of the world! (after finally riding Expedition Geforce I'll admit it was pretty awesome as well!)

Jason X versus the Robot Space Donkey!

Postby Jaykethekid » Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:37 pm

_koppen wrote:^^ That's a shame, I really like the colors on the Knott's one. Oh well, I can totally understand that they want it the same as the others.

I honestly must be the only one who didn't like the colors at knotts. It didn't seem right for a ride themed around flying in the air. I am very glad will be painted like the other windseekers =) .
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/a119863cb40d603ccb6f817858d7c1d5.jpg[/img][/url]

Postby Vonni » Sat Feb 22, 2014 4:24 am

I wish I were in the KC area so I could watch it rise up!

A village is missing its IDIOT!

Postby XYZ » Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:41 am

Jaykethekid wrote:
_koppen wrote:^^ That's a shame, I really like the colors on the Knott's one. Oh well, I can totally understand that they want it the same as the others.

I honestly must be the only one who didn't like the colors at knotts. It didn't seem right for a ride themed around flying in the air. I am very glad will be painted like the other windseekers =) .

The colors were perfect for Knott's as it fit well in the Fiesta Village area. Plus, it looked really good in person.
1: Lightning Run, 2: El Toro, 3: Maverick, 4: Xcelerator, 5: Voyage, 6: TTD, 7: Gold Striker, 8: El Loco (Vegas), 9: Millennium Force, 10: Kingda Ka
Coaster Credits: 110 (89 steel, 21 wood); Last Coaster Credit: Raptor (CP) [8/22/14]; Last Park Credit: Waldameer [8/21/14]
What a season pass??

Jason X versus the Robot Space Donkey!

Postby Jaykethekid » Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:54 pm

XYZ wrote:
Jaykethekid wrote:

The colors were perfect for Knott's as it fit well in the Fiesta Village area. Plus, it looked really good in person.

Good point but it just wouldn't fit in an AMERICAN section of the park. It actually fit in really really well in knotts
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/a119863cb40d603ccb6f817858d7c1d5.jpg[/img][/url]

Postby Vonni » Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:55 pm

^ Yeah, I didn't really think of the theming when I wanted it to maintain its original color scheme. I wonder when vertical Construction is supposed to start?

EDIT: Vertical Construction started today! http://www.midwestinfoguide.com/worlds/2014/02.24/

Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?

Postby NAMTABSFGAm » Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:17 pm

Vonni wrote:^ Yeah, I didn't really think of the theming when I wanted it to maintain its original color scheme. I wonder when vertical Construction is supposed to start?

Funny you should ask about when vertical construction is supposed to start. It already has.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!