Worlds of Fun (WOF) Discussion Thread

P. 362: Timber Wolf gets an 70° over banked turn in 2018!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 5 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Re: Worlds of Fun (WOF) Discussion Thread

Postby sdcfan88 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 10:21 pm

Beautiful. Looking forward to visiting again later this month. :)

Too Slow For Comfort

Postby Too Fast For Comfort » Mon May 06, 2019 5:46 am

Any thoughts on the Fast Lane for this park? What are the FL entrances like? Do you go through the exit? If you go through the entrance, how is the merge point? Do they keep the row lines clean?

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Mon May 06, 2019 5:52 am

I went on Memorial Day weekend last year and Fast Lane would have only helped for the water rides and Spinning Dragons. Everything else was a walk-on. It looked like the merge points were at the stations for the major coasters and then you choose/wait for your row.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Fury 325, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Iron Rattler
Most Recent Trip Reports- Six Flags Darien Lake & Kings Island

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Mon May 06, 2019 9:20 pm

Don't bother with Fast Lane. Just be at the park early, and 15 minutes before opening they'll let Gold and Platinum Pass holders beyond the rope. Go straight to Spinning Dragons so you can be in line when they open the park. Rides start at park opening, not before.

Once you've done Spinning Dragons, enjoy your day, no more need for planning.

Too Slow For Comfort

Postby Too Fast For Comfort » Wed May 15, 2019 5:19 am

Canobie Coaster wrote:I went on Memorial Day weekend last year and Fast Lane would have only helped for the water rides and Spinning Dragons. Everything else was a walk-on. It looked like the merge points were at the stations for the major coasters and then you choose/wait for your row.

OK, thanks for the advice. If they don't keep their station waits clean, then the priority passes get pretty worthless unless the park is very, very crowded.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby wbaska » Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:00 pm

Kinda random, I rode Timberwolf a week or so ago and got the best ride on that coaster I have gotten ever by far. My mate thought so to. I wanted to know if anyone else was getting the same vibes from Timberwolf this year because it absolutely caught me off guard. It was some of the strongest airtime I have ever gotten on a roller coaster. I don't know if it was because of how I positioned myself on the restraints or what, but the lap bar really only felt like it was coming down on my knee's resulting in a crazy experience. This experience made Worlds of Fun feel one roller coaster better. It was awesome and I want to know if anyone else had felt this.

P.S.
It was a back seat ride.

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby greenman » Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:29 pm

I will start the conversation. So everyone probably saw Cedar Fair acquired two of the Schlitterbahn parks
In Texas with the option to buy Schlitterbahn KCK for 6 million.
I think they part out everything at Schlitterbahn KCK and flip the land for a nice profit.
There are a lot of fans of KCK Schlitterbahn and it always did well, however I don’t see Cedar Fair operating an Oceans of fun
West. If they did keep it they should definitely build some of those little cabins that WOF has. That would be a hit with the public. I personally don’t care for Schlitterbahn KCK, the adult pool is heated, the slides are nothing you haven’t been on.
One of the set of slides was used from wet n wild I think, its also the set of slides I would want at Oceans. They have some decent air time.
What are your thoughts?

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:39 am

The only reason the KCK waterpark is in the deal is to prevent anyone else from re-opening it. CF has no interest in running 2 waterparks in the same small city. They do have an interest in not having competition that might actually be able to run a waterpark competently.

Previous

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!