Worlds of Fun (WOF) Discussion Thread

P. 362: Timber Wolf gets an 70° over banked turn in 2018!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Re: Worlds of Fun (WOF) Discussion Thread

Postby SLCHeadache » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:50 am

ytterbiumanalyst wrote:Wow, the arrogance of that guy.... If I were their PR guy, I'd be forwarding that to legal so they can send him a cease and desist letter when those videos show up advertising his product.

I mused about people getting busted for using these, then called him out on his photos not being 12 megapixels. He's already posted multiple unauthorized Kings Island POVs on his YouTube page. Dude flipped out on me and called me a nasty fanboy wasting $30 on fluffies before blocking me. :lol: I'm a nasty fanboy because I follow park rules.

Nintendo laid the smackdown on Soulja Boy for selling consoles filled with bootleg ROMs. I'd like to see Cedar Fair ban this guy for making (and encouraging others to make) unauthorized ride POVs.

ytterbiumanalyst wrote:Don't "squeeze in" SDC anywhere. Worlds of Fun can be done in a day, but SDC needs two.

Don't worry, SDC won't be "squeezed in". Other trips will be scaled back to make room for this one.
Top steel: Millennium Force / Steel Vengeance / Intimidator 305 / Maverick / Fury 325
Top wood: El Toro / Phoenix / GhostRider / Renegade / Flying Turns

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:07 am

^ I had 1.5 days at Silver Dollar City when they had their rare 10 pm close and I wish I had more time. That really is one of the best parks in the world.

I had 6 hours at Worlds of Fun and probably could have been done in half the time. That's the park to squeeze in.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire, Outlaw Run
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Iron Rattler, Skyrush
Most Recent Trip Reports- IMG Worlds of Adventure & Legoland Dubai

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:29 pm

I agree. I don't know when this trip takes place, but the best time is July when SDC has Moonlight Madness. With a one-day ticket you get a preview starting at 5 pm the day before. So if you arrive at WoF for a 10AM opening, then leave by 1, you can get to SDC by 5 (it's about 3.5 hours assuming good traffic and no accidents). Then you would have all day at SDC, which ranges from 9AM-10PM to 8:30AM-Midnight depending on the day.

Postby Canobie Coaster » Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:19 pm

Worlds of Fun temporarily renamed Patriot as Patrick since the Kansas City Chiefs are playing the New England Patriots.
Patrick.jpg
Photo courtesy of the Worlds of Fun Twitter page.

Worlds of Fun Twitter

This is probably the time I, as a Patriots fan, should make a snide remark that they'll change it back when the Chiefs lose on Sunday. But truthfully, Arrowhead is a house of horrors for the Patriots and the Chiefs have a legitimate offense and pass rush. I'm hoping for a Patriots win, but I'm not going to count my chickens before they hatch.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire, Outlaw Run
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Iron Rattler, Skyrush
Most Recent Trip Reports- IMG Worlds of Adventure & Legoland Dubai

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby AndrewA86 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:36 am

^ does that mean it’s a new credit for now??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Previous

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!