Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

Vortex Being Removed!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 6 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

Postby prozach626 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:53 am

There are pictures and videos circulating from outside of the manufacturing plant of blue colored track similar Lightning Run at Kentucky Kingdom. It's not quite as bright but it looks like a true blue. It should provide a nice color variety of track throughout the park and skyline.

I'd posted a picture of what I thought was a small support installed... but I'm pretty sure it was a crapper. fail.

Plenty of concrete footers being poured. Mostly are a at the brake run.

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby Pedrinho » Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:54 am

I just realized that I was watching the block testing procedure of Diamondback for way more than a quarter of an hour via the webcams. I was so amazed and fascinated that I forgot everything around me! :lmao:

Awesome, how slow the train crawles from the MCBR to the brake run. It seems like you can stop it with you bare fingers.
Top: Wood: Beast|Mystic Timbers|Wodan|Twister|Phoenix; Dive: Valravn; Wing: Flug der Dämonen|GateKeeper; Launch: Top Thrill Dragster|Karacho; Floorless: Rougarou; Invert: Banshee|Raptor|Monster; Bob: Flying Turns; <200ft: Expedition GeForce|Maverick; >200ft: Magnum XL-200; >300ft: Millennium Force; Mine: Colorado Adventure; Boomerang: Raik; Hybrid: Cyclone
Bucket List: Steel Vengeance|FLY|Formula Rossa|Blue Gemini|Colossos|Kennywood|Hersheypark

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby prozach626 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:21 am

^So basically stopping Diamondback at the block makes the second half ride like Intimidator at Carowinds?

Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Postby PKI Jizzman » Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:05 am

Oh yeah coming out of the MCBR from a complete stop with an empty train is nerve-racking to see. It crawls through the final helix and you'd think the water splash would bring it to a stop but it surprisingly makes it back to the final brake run.
{1991} Chicago based. Creative ad world guy with @adultswim @cartoonnetwork World traveler, concert attendee, salsa connoisseur, comic reader, and theme park nerd
IG: photoboothez

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby Pedrinho » Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:52 am

^
As if you would be inside my mind :D
Top: Wood: Beast|Mystic Timbers|Wodan|Twister|Phoenix; Dive: Valravn; Wing: Flug der Dämonen|GateKeeper; Launch: Top Thrill Dragster|Karacho; Floorless: Rougarou; Invert: Banshee|Raptor|Monster; Bob: Flying Turns; <200ft: Expedition GeForce|Maverick; >200ft: Magnum XL-200; >300ft: Millennium Force; Mine: Colorado Adventure; Boomerang: Raik; Hybrid: Cyclone
Bucket List: Steel Vengeance|FLY|Formula Rossa|Blue Gemini|Colossos|Kennywood|Hersheypark

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby Intamin_coyote » Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:31 pm

From someone on r/rollercoasters

Kings Island roller coaster announcement and small event will be on August 14th.
RUMOR
Not sure if you consider this an unreliable source or not, but I work at the park as a contractor of sorts, and have been notified by upper management that a few of my stands will be effected by the announcement event coming the 14th. Just figured I'd give people a heads up, heard it here first.

https://www.reddit.com/r/rollercoasters/comments/ce3xqe/kings_island_roller_coaster_announcement_and/

Take it for what you will. Could be a troll, could be legit, idk...

Either way, I have to say I'm disappointed in how there has yet to be any teasers yet (whatsoever). And the more time that passes, the less likely we'll be seeing any teasers save one stating the announcement date. Yes, we already pretty much everything there is to know, even down to track color and two possible names, but it would have been nice to have some sort of story built up/attached to this ride.

The teasing campaigns for both Mystic Timbers and Banshee were done phenomenally well. So I don't understand why they've chosen to go about this coaster the way they have.

It was understandable not having teasers up on Opening Day since they wanted the focus to be on everything that was new or improved for 2019, and maybe wait until Grand Carnivale ends. But at this point...what are they waiting for?

Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Postby PKI Jizzman » Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:39 am

It's because everyone already knows. Everyone. The local news has featured multiple stories on the 'giga' coaster. Even my grandmother and her neighbors know what a giga coaster is, where the steel is coming from, and the fact that it's coming next year.

Or, it's quiet before the storm.. I haven't heard a peep about the project since the layout was submitted and shared on the forums.
{1991} Chicago based. Creative ad world guy with @adultswim @cartoonnetwork World traveler, concert attendee, salsa connoisseur, comic reader, and theme park nerd
IG: photoboothez

token black guy

Postby jarmor » Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:49 am

Do they really need to tease? I miss the days when parks just announced things.
"B&M will NEVER build a coaster over 300 ft..." until 2012
"Cedar Fair will NEVER build a coaster taller than MF..." until 2015

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby pǝʇɹǝʌuı » Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:43 am

KI and CF and Don like to toy with enthusiasts but I'm not sure many people care about teasers outside of forums like this. As far as the GP is concerned, the news outlets and word of mouth have done plenty of "teasing" already. Why waste breath when you could just, you know, announce the thing?

Also are these kinds of events normally open to the public? Sorry if it's a dumb question but I've never been to one and this time around I'll actually be in the area.

token black guy

Postby jarmor » Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:20 am

Since the park is open, it may be a public thing. I think they did Banshee in a way the public could be there that night.
"B&M will NEVER build a coaster over 300 ft..." until 2012
"Cedar Fair will NEVER build a coaster taller than MF..." until 2015

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!