Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

P. 1717 - Firehawk to be removed after the 2018 season
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 5 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

Postby coasterbill » Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:50 am

Too Fast For Comfort wrote:So after watching this, I'm assuming that if they were hoping to sell the coaster and relocate it, they would have taken a more ginger approach to taking it down? Is letting the track crash into the ground like that something that you would only do if the steel was just going to be scrapped?

No, you can duct tape it. It should be fine.

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:03 am

Too Fast For Comfort wrote:So after watching this, I'm assuming that if they were hoping to sell the coaster and relocate it, they would have taken a more ginger approach to taking it down? Is letting the track crash into the ground like that something that you would only do if the steel was just going to be scrapped?

JT.gif

Postby bert425 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:11 am

^ that's not really a Ginger approach tho.

Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

Postby thrillseeker4552 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:45 am

It's going to Kentucky Kingdom, remember? :lmao:

But in all seriousness, I wonder if Cedar Fair is becoming done with their Vekomas. They removed Boomerang, Stinger, and Firehawk all within 2 years. It makes me wonder how much longer their SLCs will last. I believe CW and MA are the only two Cedar Fair parks with one?
Steel: 161 / Wood: 32 / Total: 193
Home Parks: Knott's (when home), Lagoon (at school)

I just made a donkey in No Limits!

Postby Pedrinho » Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:57 am

Too Fast For Comfort wrote:
Gregorio1 wrote:Video of Firehawk's loop (and last major section?) coming down, courtesy of O'Rourke Wrecking Company:

So after watching this, I'm assuming that if they were hoping to sell the coaster and relocate it, they would have taken a more ginger approach to taking it down? Is letting the track crash into the ground like that something that you would only do if the steel was just going to be scrapped?

Nope, they still relocate it to Dorney. The let it fall to the ground to smoothen out the famous Vekoma Bumps in all of their coasters in the most smart way.
Top: Wood: Beast|Mystic Timbers|Wodan|Twister|Phoenix; Dive: Valravn; Wing: Flug der Dämonen|GateKeeper; Launch: Top Thrill Dragster|Karacho; Floorless: Rougarou; Invert: Banshee|Raptor|Black Mamba; Bob: Flying Turns; <200ft: Expedition GeForce|Maverick; >200ft: Magnum XL-200; >300ft: Millennium Force; Mine: Colorado Adventure; Boomerang: Raik; Hybrid: Cyclone
Bucket List: Steel Vengeance|FLY|Formula Rossa|Blue Gemini|Colossos|Kennywood|HersheyparkImage

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby drummermattk » Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:34 am

I think we all forget one thing. When Firehawk was cut from its installation at KI in 2001 and was sold to SF, SF thought of adding the ride to...................................................SFKK. With the recent addition to GL, they decided to put it there.
Drummer, Guitarist, Coaster Enthusiast and a metal head 
126 Credits and counting!
Creator of MK Media on all social media platforms!

Postby prozach626 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:33 pm

Too Fast For Comfort wrote:As I say, the only GP question is the question not asked.

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby coasternut » Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:17 am

Coasterstock tickets went on sale today! :lmao: This is a great 2 day event...
Coasternut,

LIVING FOR THAT AIRTIME!! :airtime:

Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Postby coaster-mm » Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:16 am

Hi guys,

Maybe it ´s a dumb question, but I just want to be sure about the following:

We bought a CF platinum pass last year and we extended it online for 2019 on the Cedar Point website.
Our first Cf park we are going to visit this year (June) will be Kings Island. Is this gonna be a problem? Do we have to go to CP first to 'activate' the pass or can we do that at KI?

Thanks for the info!

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby hoppedup » Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:51 am

coaster-mm wrote:Hi guys,

Maybe it ´s a dumb question, but I just want to be sure about the following:

We bought a CF platinum pass last year and we extended it online for 2019 on the Cedar Point website.
Our first Cf park we are going to visit this year (June) will be Kings Island. Is this gonna be a problem? Do we have to go to CP first to 'activate' the pass or can we do that at KI?

Thanks for the info!

You would probably need to contact Cedar Point to be sure. I renewed my platinum pass online. I will be visiting my home park first this year. That said, there is no date on my pass and my home park website website says not to throw away the current one. I assume this will be my pass as long as I keep renewing. If you are traveling from overseas, definitely get clarification from CP or CF first.

From Carowinds site: RENEWALS: Do not discard your current Season Pass once you renew.

Also this is under the auto-renew FAQ at CP's website:

Do I need to go through Season Pass processing each year I auto-renew?

After your Season Pass is automatically renewed, just keep your card and enjoy the park the following season. There is no need to visit the Season Pass Processing Center.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!