Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

P. 1717 - Firehawk to be removed after the 2018 season
Users viewing this topic: kenban and 7 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

Postby Canobie Coaster » Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:24 pm

coasterbill wrote:I'm sure they would too, I just don't think anyone would want one. Cedar Fair has made it quite clear what they think of standup coasters (and I agree with their assessment). :lol:

I agree, just making a point they'll do whatever parks pay for. I just hope parks choose their other options. :lol:

Although I have really enjoyed my recent rides on Riddler's Revenge and Green Lantern.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire, Outlaw Run
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Iron Rattler, Skyrush
Most Recent Trip Reports- Legoland Dubai & Motiongate

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby bill_s » Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:15 pm

What I don't understand about B&M standups is why haven't they tried a vest restraint? That would solve at least one of the many ways their standups are inferior to Togo's.

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:01 pm

bluestreak wrote:
Mike240SX wrote:Psh. It's obviously a giga flyer dive wing coaster.

With ibox track.

But does it have a splashdown? If it doesn't have a splashdown, I'm out.

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby Garet » Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:25 am

Too Fast For Comfort wrote:I'd say that one coaster being built in 6, going on 7 years when so many were built in the 90's is a telling sign. Supposedly one is being built in 2021, but to me it still sounds like crickets for B&M's inverted business.

https://rcdb.com/r.htm?ot=2&ml=6717&page=1&order=-8

Or perhaps not so many are being built now compared to the '90s because so many parks already have one... you know when they built them in the 90's?

People said dive coasters were dead after Oblivion/G9 and look how many have been built after Sheikra. One just opened in Korea. People said Flyers were dead after AIR/Superman and we've seen a few in China/Japan in recent years. Now if you'd said it's crickets for the aquatrax business (RIP Atlantis's water jets), I might have listened. ;)

The only difference between now and the 90's is if a park decides on a B&M and approaches them they have a much bigger catalog to choose from on what they want.

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Postby grsupercity » Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:11 am

My personal opinion is that B&M's best product is there inverted model. Thing is most parks that can afford an invert already have one.
Last edited by grsupercity on Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:55 pm.
After riding Lightning Run I can not understand why parks are not lining up to buy some Hyper GTX models. That little ride rocks

Too Slow For Comfort

Postby Too Fast For Comfort » Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:08 am

Garet wrote:
Too Fast For Comfort wrote:I'd say that one coaster being built in 6, going on 7 years when so many were built in the 90's is a telling sign. Supposedly one is being built in 2021, but to me it still sounds like crickets for B&M's inverted business.

https://rcdb.com/r.htm?ot=2&ml=6717&page=1&order=-8

Or perhaps not so many are being built now compared to the '90s because so many parks already have one... you know when they built them in the 90's?

People said dive coasters were dead after Oblivion/G9 and look how many have been built after Sheikra. One just opened in Korea. People said Flyers were dead after AIR/Superman and we've seen a few in China/Japan in recent years. Now if you'd said it's crickets for the aquatrax business (RIP Atlantis's water jets), I might have listened. ;)

The only difference between now and the 90's is if a park decides on a B&M and approaches them they have a much bigger catalog to choose from on what they want.

I'm sure that what I bolded is a huge factor too. I agree with you on that. But you have to admit that there are fads and trends in the industry.

Postby prozach626 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:15 am

I don't like flyers, but now I officially hope that it is.

:|

Postby RAWKIN_coaster38 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:07 pm

prozach626 wrote:
coasterbill wrote:(well... except maybe a standup)

:lmao: :lmao:

I could definitely see SFSTL constructing one if they decide to add their first 'new' steel coaster in 20 years.

As long as they use the old trains from Vortex (CGA).

prozach626 wrote:I don't like flyers, but now I officially hope that it is.

:|

The reaction (enthusiast and GP) would be priceless :lol:
“If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?”

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Gregorio1 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:40 am

Video of Firehawk's loop (and last major section?) coming down, courtesy of O'Rourke Wrecking Company:

Too Slow For Comfort

Postby Too Fast For Comfort » Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:46 am

Gregorio1 wrote:Video of Firehawk's loop (and last major section?) coming down, courtesy of O'Rourke Wrecking Company:

So after watching this, I'm assuming that if they were hoping to sell the coaster and relocate it, they would have taken a more ginger approach to taking it down? Is letting the track crash into the ground like that something that you would only do if the steel was just going to be scrapped?

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!