Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

P. 1717 - Firehawk to be removed after the 2018 season
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 5 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Delirium is the rox0rz

Re: Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

Postby PKIDelirium » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:10 pm

This is my fifth demolition on my track record. Screechin Eagle, SOB, Greezed Lighting and Twisted Twins previously.

Edit: Correction, sixth. Forgot that dumb Caripro Scooby Ghoster Coaster.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby cal1br3tto » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:33 pm

I'm not sad, I guess. I enjoyed this coaster when I rode it (and there's a good chance I still would), but I'm not too sentimental about it. Onward and upward!
114 wood+512 steel=626 | Steel Vengeance | Boulder Dash | Twisted Timbers | Coaster | X2 | Twisted Colossus | Storm Chaser | Phoenix | Maverick | Twisted Cyclone | Iron Rattler | Voyage | Kawasemi | El Toro | New Texas Giant

Postby prozach626 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:09 pm

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby WolfBobs » Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:58 am

PKIDelirium wrote:This is my fifth demolition on my track record. Screechin Eagle, SOB, Greezed Lighting and Twisted Twins previously.

You watch your mouth! I absolutely LOVED the Scooby Doo Ghoster Coaster! I was 17 the first time I rode it and loved every second including the random hard stop in the middle! :lmao:

Too Slow For Comfort

Postby Too Fast For Comfort » Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:03 am

WolfBobs wrote:
PKIDelirium wrote:This is my fifth demolition on my track record. Screechin Eagle, SOB, Greezed Lighting and Twisted Twins previously.

You watch your mouth! I absolutely LOVED the Scooby Doo Ghoster Coaster! I was 17 the first time I rode it and loved every second including the random hard stop in the middle! :lmao:

Pteranodon Flyers is still running at IOA, so you could get your fill of horrible capacity kiddie coaster there.

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby drummermattk » Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:35 am

It seems the same demo crew that worked on SOB is back at the park for another job.........
©O'Rourke Wrecking Company.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/OROURKEWRECKING/photos/a.414643418600216/2197017107029496/?type=3&theater
Drummer, Guitarist, Coaster Enthusiast and a metal head 
126 Credits and counting!
Creator of MK Media on all social media platforms!

Is my pee supposed to be this color?

Postby Midgetman82 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:14 pm

I am glad there's photos being shared by folks involved in the removal, so it'll at least east everyone's minds on what happens to the coaster. Besides, on the photo ban on Vengeance, it probably wouldn't make much sense for this coaster since they're not re-profiling existing structure into a new ride. They're just getting rid of it.
So long, and thanks for all the fish! | Photography Blog |Flickr | @WaterSlideDB | Coaster Count

Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Postby PKI Jizzman » Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:18 pm

Seeee ya. Kings Island has the quantity of coasters, but now it's time to focus on the quality.

If you really enjoyed Firehawk I suggest you take a trip to Carowinds for Nighthawk. You might find that you like it better with the corkscrews.
{1991} Chicago guy. Creative ad world guy with @adultswim @cartoonnetwork World traveler, concert attendee, salsa connoisseur, comic reader, and theme park nerd

Postby thrillseeker4552 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:02 pm

PKI Jizzman wrote:Seeee ya. Kings Island has the quantity of coasters, but now it's time to focus on the quality.

If you really enjoyed Firehawk I suggest you take a trip to Carowinds for Nighthawk. You might find that you like it better with the corkscrews.

Funny how opinions differ. The corkscrews on Nighthawk were actually the exact reason I prefer Firehawk and Batwing! They felt so unnatural and awkward and really tossed you around uncomfortably.
Steel: 161 / Wood: 32 / Total: 193
Home Parks: Knott's (when home), Lagoon (at school)

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby 9Armgeddon4 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:17 pm

Having ridden both I can safely say I preferred Firehawks double in-line twist, helix and fly to lie over Nighthawks double corkscrew.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!