Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

P. 1717 - Firehawk to be removed after the 2018 season
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Open Up Happiness

Re: Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

Postby jedimaster1227 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:56 am

^I don't mean to point out the obvious but I can't tell if you're asking us to give you any more information beyond what the video already provided, in that this is some kind of experience at Haunt...

I'm thinking it is related to this maze, as it is the only thing Swamp related I can find for the event: https://www.visitkingsisland.com/play/haunt/attractions/backwoods-bayou
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Delirium is the rox0rz

Postby PKIDelirium » Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:37 pm

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby prozach626 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:07 am

I'm sure there are at least a dozen enthusiasts out there who still think this is going to be a RMC.

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby Hockeydad » Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:20 am

Like Jedimaster had pointed out, the only HH attraction that it seems to fit is Backwoods Bayou. But the timing just seemed weird...putting up new ads 3 weeks into the Haunt, when it's only a 6 week event. But it is strange anyway.

I Love Donkeys!

Postby Pedrinho » Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:38 am

prozach626 wrote:I'm sure there are at least a dozen enthusiasts out there who still think this is going to be a RMC.

Wait - aren't they converting The Racer to a dueling hyper hybrid experience, themed to antique hot rods with cars looking like the Model T?
I DEMAND A MANAGER! I WANT A REFUND! ANND MOR COASTERZZZ!
Top: Wood: Beast|Mystic Timbers|Wodan|Twister|Phoenix; Dive: Valravn; Wing: Flug der Dämonen|GateKeeper; Launch: Top Thrill Dragster|Karacho; Floorless: Rougarou; Invert: Banshee; Bob: Flying Turns; <200ft: Expedition GeForce|Maverick; >200ft: Silver Star|Magnum XL-200; >300ft: Millennium Force; Mine: Colorado Adventure; Boomerang: Raik; Hybrid: Cyclone
Bucket List: Steel Vengeance|FLY|Formula Rossa|Red Force|Blue Gemini|Colossos|Kennywood|Hersheypark

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby drewmatic » Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:10 am

So I was at KI for haunt Saturday night and I'll admit I was let down a little. I remember it being much better 3/4 or so years ago. Is nostalgia getting to me or has it always been this bad?

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby The Great Zo » Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:24 pm

OK, finally caught up on my local park's thread after a couple months away. Boy, that was fun.

Crazy to see a coaster get removed! But it was fun to see everyone here guessing on what ride it would be. Here, I compiled a list of all the rides that were speculated to possibly be on the chopping block.

In all seriousness, bye Firehawk, won't miss you at all, you giant hunk of crap. Bring on 2020.
-- Andy
Trip Reports: 2013 BG/KD -- 2013 TPR -- 2014 KI -- 2014 TPR -- 2015 TPR
Trip Reports: 2015 CP -- 2017 FL -- 2017 CP -- 2017 TPR -- 2018 FC -- 2018 CA

Postby Hockeydad » Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:16 pm

drewmatic wrote:So I was at KI for haunt Saturday night and I'll admit I was let down a little. I remember it being much better 3/4 or so years ago. Is nostalgia getting to me or has it always been this bad?

It hasn't been the best year...but I thought it was pretty good myself. I want to give C.H.A.O.S another try before I rate it, (It was opening night), and now they should've had plenty of time to work out the bugs, and get their timing down more.

I thought the two new scarezones, Coney Maul & Pumpkin Eater were great. And they were getting us at every turn in Slaughterhouse. Next trip, Madame Fatale's is first up...heard they're doing it Blackout style with flashlights, (hopefully, the Gantom Torches).

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby thrillrider » Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:18 pm

drewmatic wrote:So I was at KI for haunt Saturday night and I'll admit I was let down a little. I remember it being much better 3/4 or so years ago. Is nostalgia getting to me or has it always been this bad?

I agree. But its the same at cedarpoint as well. With that being said, I still really enjoy kings islands haunt over cp's by leaps and bounds.

I'm not sure if its budget cuts or staffing issues, or a combination of both.
341 steel coasters
114 wood coasters

Postby Hockeydad » Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:29 pm

When we were at CP the decorations and theming were better than the haunts, with the exception of Slaughterhouse & Cornstalkers. Cornstalkers being the best by a mile. Their scareactors were weak compared to KI's.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!