Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

P. 1717 - Firehawk to be removed after the 2018 season
Users viewing this topic: njcoasterguy34 and 22 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Re: Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

Postby Ape » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:34 am

I live to close to ever consider Fast Lane and usually don't think to suggest it.

Donkey eat mullet pump.

Postby beenagins87 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:57 am

prozach626 wrote:^FL+ any day, everyday! Seriously, I know I don't STFU about it, but when you have a packed park during the haunt and can still get on most rides within 5 minutes, it's a phenomenal experience.

FL+ is worth is just for all you want night rides on Beast alone, when I went last summer I had FL+ but only really used it for Mystic Timbers, Beast, FOF and Nighthawk, everything else was prettt much a walk on.
Coasters: 121 ( 89 Steel, 32 Wood)

Top 10 Wood: 1 Lightning Rod 2. Goliath 3. The Voyage 4. Mystic Timbers 5. American Thunder
6. The Legend 7. Thunderhead 8. The Boss 9. Great American Scream Machine 10. The Beast

Top 10 Steel: 1. Steel Vengeance 2. 1305 3. Maverick 4. Goliath (SFOG) 5. Fury 325 6. Twisted Timbers
7. Millenium Force 8.Twisted Cyclone 9. Top Thrill Dragster 10. TN Tornado

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby DoinItForTheFame » Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:12 am

prozach626 wrote:^FL+ any day, everyday! Seriously, I know I don't STFU about it, but when you have a packed park during the haunt and can still get on most rides within 5 minutes, it's a phenomenal experience.

+1

We have used FL+ every time we have gone to the park, and even on the most packed days we are usually on the ride within 5 minutes! It gives allows you to ride EVERYTHING you want to ride, and gives you the chance to ride them probably more times than you want!! It's well worth the small fee!!
Bigger is not always better.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby mill3nniumforc3 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:10 pm

I'm going to Kings Island with my boyfriend for the first time in my life next month (despite living close enough to have gone at least once by now) and my boyfriend bought FL+ passes. I've never understood the point of them unless you live far away and are only visiting the park for one day.
Hold on tight to what you feel inside...
And RIDE!
-Martina McBride

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby CedarFlags » Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:50 pm

Someone mentioned night rides on The Beast... Are there any other rides that I should make sure to include a night ride on?

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby Password121 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:33 pm

The Beast, Banshee, Mystic Timbers, Diamondback, and The Bat are all excellent night rides (and excellent during the day, but also improve the most at night).

Kings Island is one of the best parks in the world for night rides, and depending on crowds and park close it's difficult to get to all of those at night, but I'd prioritize in that order. From my recollection The Beast always has a massive line at night, but Banshee can get pretty dead the last 90 minutes.
2017 Millennium Force Ride Host
2018 Millennium Force Team Leader

I will provide you with maximum pleasure.

Postby DBru » Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:27 pm

And Adventure Express! Lol (but seriously)

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby DILinator » Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:17 am

DBru wrote:And Adventure Express! Lol (but seriously)

:nina: :nina: :nina:

100% YES to this recommendation! It's a can't-miss coaster at night!

Top 10 Coasters! 1.Steel Vengeance 2.Fury 3.Millennium Force 4.Maverick 5.Twisted Timbers 6.The Voyage 7. Lightning Rod 8.Storm Chaser 9.El Toro 10.Phantom's Revenge Honorable Mentions: Ravine Flyer II Shivering Timbers, Kraken Mako Underrated Coasters: Steel - Manta, Wood - White Lightning

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:31 am

CedarFlags wrote:Someone mentioned night rides on The Beast... Are there any other rides that I should make sure to include a night ride on?

You're going the week after memorial day, you're only going to get one night ride because the park is so far west in the time zone that it won't be fully dark until like 9:30. Get in line for the Beast about 45 minutes before park close, maybe a little more. You want to get in line late enough that it's dark when you get on the ride but early enough that you can get a front seat ride and they won't make you get in the next available row. The ride will suspend operations about 9:30 for fireworks, though the queue stays open but not a lot of people get in it and you need a sizeable line to build up behind you to guarantee you a front seat night ride.

If you have Fastlane you still want to get in that line early so you have enough people behind you that you can get in the front but you can go a little later than 9:15.

There are a lot of great night rides at the park but personally I don't care because the Beast is on another level.

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby CedarFlags » Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:14 pm

Great advice you guys, thank you! It's my first visit to KI, so any other tips would be appreciated. I keep thinking of random questions at random times... FYI, My current plan is to spend a Wednesday evening at the park, then most of Thursday (until about 7 or 8), then drive up to Cedar Point for Friday there.

PARK QUESTIONS:
1. Is there a certain order that seems to work best for hitting the attractions? I'm not opposed to FL+ since I'm getting in for free, but am hesitant to pre-purchase if I don't end up needing it.
2. Are there any non-coaster things that you think capture the spirit of the park that I should be sure not to miss?
3. Live shows that tend to be really good?
4. Unique traditions to either observe or partake in?
5. Unique food? I do know about the blueberry ice cream.

COASTER QUESTIONS:
1. Overall, I dislike jerky/rough coasters. I know Beast is obviously not going to be a picnic, but it's essential so I will deal with it. Any tips for minimizing discomfort on Beast and overall?
2. Diamondback's trains are so long, I'm guessing the ride is extremely different front vs. back. What's that comparison like?

So stoked for my trip!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!