TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Freizeitpark Plohn, Germany Discussion Thread

Hey everyone! First off, thanks for playing the little TPR game today! Much thanks goes to GCI for all of this! Below are some of the responses after the puzzle was figured out. And congrats to "coasterlover" for winning the TPR Bag-O-Crap!

Forellenhof, or "Erlebnispark Forellenhof Plohn", is indeed getting a Great Coasters ride for 2009!

Here are some stats:

- 90-foot elevation change

- 70.8-foot first drop

- 45.5 mph top speed

- 2,379 feet of track

- Two tunnels

The ride intertwines well with the surrounding rides and shows beautifully from the rest of the park; it's a really cool setting for a coaster. And, of course, it will have low-to-the-ground speed, pops of airtime, and quick direction changes. There will be one of our Millennium Flyer trains (hence the lack of a maintenance building, as someone pointed out).

Construction is under way, as the link indicates. Forellenhof has posted a banner of this coming attraction on site.

Good job to those who got the clues!

Ok, story time...gather around the campfire little TPR's campers!

I was chatting to Joe at GCI last night about some random stuff and we got on the subject of a new GCI project that he *thought* was announced very quietly but he couldn't say anything about it until he could confirm that indeed the park had put up a banner announcing the ride.

So this morning I get an email from Evan & Joe with the images in my email box and a link to the post that Coasterlover eventually found saying something about "lets turn this into a game."

And I figured "HELL YES!!!"

So I posted the images and of course everyone was assuming it was SFMM, WoF, CGA, Morey's or any other "rumored" GCI woodie project that's been floating around.

A few people actually did guess the park right but I realized that in order to be a real "game" there needed to be a goal.

Finding the link was the most obvious choice for an ending to all this madness.

The only REAL clues were the "three words" which, if you Googled "Great Coasters Plohn" you would find on Page 2 of Google this link:

http://www.ep-board.de/viewtopic.php?p= ... f60cdbcb56

When you think about it, it's not THAT hard. "Manufacturers Name" + "Park Name"

The topic subtitle originally said "GCI" but I changed that to "Great Coasters" and that was the "Change" that I made and also two of the words.

I thought some people would figure out the third word because "Forellenhof" was a clue in that the park name is "Erlebnispark Forellenhof Plohn." If you searched "Forellenhof" on RCDB it comes right up.

I purposely changed the filenames so it would draw attention to "Forellenhof" and thought that would make people go down that road a bit even more. That didn't work!

hansrubens was technically the first person who posted about Erlebnispark Forellenhof Plohn so I should probably send him a bag of crap too!

Norman translated "Forellenhof" to "Trout Farm" which is why I posted the pictures of the trout and "Fishy Fishy Fish."

The bingo cards meant nothing other than "BINGO! You are heading in the right direction!"

So congrats to coasterlover! PM me with your address and you'll get a bag of crap!

--Robb "Did I leave anything out?" Alvey

The following images landed in my inbox this morning....can anyone guess what is it?

unknown_2.jpg.e44580bb088e1d21a9c51c7c25cdde36.jpg

unknown_1.jpg.019c7cf39b7cdeb96835428d19639b73.jpg

Edited by larrygator

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This landed in my inbox this morning....can anyone guess what is it?

Who sent you the e-mail? Maybe that could give you a push in the right direction.

The pictures could also simply just be concept art, right?