Freizeitpark Plohn, Germany Discussion Thread

P. 31 - Dynamite Mack Big Dipper replaces Silver Mine in '19
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Site Admin

Freizeitpark Plohn, Germany Discussion Thread

Postby robbalvey » Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:20 am

Hey everyone! First off, thanks for playing the little TPR game today! Much thanks goes to GCI for all of this! Below are some of the responses after the puzzle was figured out. And congrats to "coasterlover" for winning the TPR Bag-O-Crap!

SupermanFan wrote:Forellenhof, or "Erlebnispark Forellenhof Plohn", is indeed getting a Great Coasters ride for 2009!

Here are some stats:
- 90-foot elevation change
- 70.8-foot first drop
- 45.5 mph top speed
- 2,379 feet of track
- Two tunnels

The ride intertwines well with the surrounding rides and shows beautifully from the rest of the park; it's a really cool setting for a coaster. And, of course, it will have low-to-the-ground speed, pops of airtime, and quick direction changes. There will be one of our Millennium Flyer trains (hence the lack of a maintenance building, as someone pointed out).

Construction is under way, as the link indicates. Forellenhof has posted a banner of this coming attraction on site.

Good job to those who got the clues!

robbalvey wrote:Ok, story time...gather around the campfire little TPR's campers!

I was chatting to Joe at GCI last night about some random stuff and we got on the subject of a new GCI project that he *thought* was announced very quietly but he couldn't say anything about it until he could confirm that indeed the park had put up a banner announcing the ride.

So this morning I get an email from Evan & Joe with the images in my email box and a link to the post that Coasterlover eventually found saying something about "lets turn this into a game."

And I figured "HELL YES!!!"

So I posted the images and of course everyone was assuming it was SFMM, WoF, CGA, Morey's or any other "rumored" GCI woodie project that's been floating around.

A few people actually did guess the park right but I realized that in order to be a real "game" there needed to be a goal.

Finding the link was the most obvious choice for an ending to all this madness.

The only REAL clues were the "three words" which, if you Googled "Great Coasters Plohn" you would find on Page 2 of Google this link:

http://www.ep-board.de/viewtopic.php?p= ... f60cdbcb56
When you think about it, it's not THAT hard. "Manufacturers Name" + "Park Name"

The topic subtitle originally said "GCI" but I changed that to "Great Coasters" and that was the "Change" that I made and also two of the words.

I thought some people would figure out the third word because "Forellenhof" was a clue in that the park name is "Erlebnispark Forellenhof Plohn." If you searched "Forellenhof" on RCDB it comes right up.

I purposely changed the filenames so it would draw attention to "Forellenhof" and thought that would make people go down that road a bit even more. That didn't work!

hansrubens was technically the first person who posted about Erlebnispark Forellenhof Plohn so I should probably send him a bag of crap too!

Norman translated "Forellenhof" to "Trout Farm" which is why I posted the pictures of the trout and "Fishy Fishy Fish."

The bingo cards meant nothing other than "BINGO! You are heading in the right direction!"

So congrats to coasterlover! PM me with your address and you'll get a bag of crap!

--Robb "Did I leave anything out?" Alvey

The following images landed in my inbox this morning....can anyone guess what is it?
unknown_1.jpg
unknown_2.jpg
Last edited by larrygator on Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:03 pm.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ginzo » Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:21 am

Aqua Trax?
"There's nothing wrong with it. It just needs some tweaking,"

I Love Donkeys!

Postby YJG(Ride On) » Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:23 am

Could it be...*gasps* LSHOF II???

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby coaster1 » Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:24 am

I want to say WOF's .. seems like a CF design.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Imagineer100 » Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:26 am

Could it be that one that was rumored for Great America that CF is having trouble getting in?

I Love Donkeys!

Postby rct2wizard360 » Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:28 am

Gonna say its WOF's.

I'm not really diggin the layout too much though.

Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Postby QueenCityBoy » Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:29 am

Thats Carowinds 2011 Coaster ;)

Ask me about being a pathological liar!!

Postby kraken613 » Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:30 am

To bad we already know Laser Snake Horse on Fire is a B&M.

I say WOF also!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Airtime&Gravity » Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:31 am

I'm going to agree with coaster1, and say that it is probably for Worlds of Fun. Although, it is also just as likely for Magic Mountain.

I know more about donkeys than women!

Re: The GCI Mystery Coaster?

Postby raptor6 » Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:31 am

robbalvey wrote:This landed in my inbox this morning....can anyone guess what is it?

Who sent you the e-mail? Maybe that could give you a push in the right direction.

The pictures could also simply just be concept art, right?

Next

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!