Adventuredome Discussion Thread

Double amputee falls out of El Loco
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby hemmy » Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:48 pm

Flya Pelican wrote:
gisco wrote:http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25815388/

KVBC-TV
updated 7:31 a.m. PT, Thurs., July. 24, 2008
Catlynne Shaw, the 12-year-old girl who went into cardiac arrest while riding a rollercoaster at the Circus-Circus Adventuredome, passed away Tuesday.

Catlynne's father, Eric Shaw, says that the length of time that her brain was depleted of oxygen had caused her brain to swell and became too much for her body to handle. Doctors still aren't exactly sure what caused her heart attack.

Eric says his family is very grateful for the prayers and well-wishes from the "angels" of Las Vegas.

So sad

Was that because she had an issue in her body? Or did she not have enough oxygen because of the ride? If that's the case- I'm going to be scared to go on a coaster (I was already scared LOL!) :cry:

RIP- prayers to her family :(

I rode this ride like 20 times back to back when I was younger (and the ride wasn't so rough). I am guessing she had a pre-existing condition, but will not blame anyone, because how can she know if no symptoms were previously exhibited.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Flya Pelican » Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:37 pm

hemmy wrote:
Flya Pelican wrote:
gisco wrote:http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25815388/

KVBC-TV
updated 7:31 a.m. PT, Thurs., July. 24, 2008
Catlynne Shaw, the 12-year-old girl who went into cardiac arrest while riding a rollercoaster at the Circus-Circus Adventuredome, passed away Tuesday.

Catlynne's father, Eric Shaw, says that the length of time that her brain was depleted of oxygen had caused her brain to swell and became too much for her body to handle. Doctors still aren't exactly sure what caused her heart attack.

Eric says his family is very grateful for the prayers and well-wishes from the "angels" of Las Vegas.

So sad

Was that because she had an issue in her body? Or did she not have enough oxygen because of the ride? If that's the case- I'm going to be scared to go on a coaster (I was already scared LOL!) :cry:

RIP- prayers to her family :(

I rode this ride like 20 times back to back when I was younger (and the ride wasn't so rough). I am guessing she had a pre-existing condition, but will not blame anyone, because how can she know if no symptoms were previously exhibited.

Ah, I see. I'm pretty positive I have no heart conditions, considering I rode the Hurricane coaster 6x back-to-back last week! :airtime:

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Adventuredome in Las Vegas

Postby Mr Stratosphere » Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:22 am

:wtf: EDIT: Been cleaning up this post since a lot of the photos have fallen off, and made this one thread about all things Adventuredome!

2/9/10 was a crazy rainy day in Las Vegas, so what better than to head to the Adventuredome at Circus Circus (Which will always be Grand Slam Canyon to me) You gotta love the fact that when the weather is crap, you can still ride some rides. I got to the park around noon, and it was still pouring outside...As well as inside the dome, it doesn't rain much in Vegas so it is hard to pinpoint leaks all the time. The park was completely empty and Rim Runner, Bumper Cars, and the swinging ship were closed. Anyways, here are the photos.
3.jpg
Rim Runner was closed all day.
4.jpg
Evidence of off season welding to upkeep Canyon Blaster
5.jpg
Canyon Blaster, one of my favorite Arrow Loopers
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg
Buckets and trashcans everywhere!
9.jpg
Last edited by Mr Stratosphere on Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:12 pm.

Over obsessive disney disorder

Re: Photo TR: Adventuredome 2/9/10 & 2/10/10

Postby DarkStitch626 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:47 am

Great photo report I must say. Your right they should paint it all instead of spots, but they could take time. This place has more trashcans than Cedar Point does now :airtime: Awesome!. :airtime: I love TR"s.

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby rosscoe » Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:03 am

It still looks the same as it did back in 1994.

Sad

This B&M donkey is so smooth!

Postby Montu Maniac » Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:15 am

I was there in 2005 and yes, it still looks the same ......

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby dino » Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:01 am

Buckets, buckets, everywhere...
I think some of the buckets & trashcans actually read, "As seen in TPR trip reports!". Hopefully in the future they'll at least...paint the rain receptacles, since I think a fix to the roof is too much to hope for.
-Gabriel

Reeks of Books

Postby CorkscrewFoley » Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:27 am

The trains look great, they almost look like the ones used on Drachen Fire. I love the TR, as I do with all of them here on TPR.

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:50 am

Is this a concern for any of our engineer peeps out there?

I gotta think that THAT many leaks cannot be a good thing.

Note to self, during the 2012 apocalypse do not seek shelter under the big pink dome!

WDW Monorail Fanatic

Postby BeemerBoy » Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:11 pm

I like to think of the leaks as "reverse low-flo fountains." It's all about atmosphere. Take that, Bellagio (and DCA)!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!