Switch to full style
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Post a reply

Re: Adventuredome Discussion Thread

Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:28 am

Yes, shocking headline. Although it's hard for me not to feel bad for injury victims (except, you know, all the blatantly stupid ones), apart from that I'm relieved to know it was someone who clearly could not have ridden safely, and absolutely should not have been permitted to ride if her disability was obvious.

Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:49 am

Joe Schwartz wrote:El Loco accident victim was a double amputee:

https://www.lasvegasnow.com/news/local-news/woman-who-fell-from-circus-circus-roller-coaster-is-double-amputee-report-says/1900365330

Okay.... I 100% feel this is on the ride op at the time. Like, ride op training 101 you go over the “tri-pod” rule. After the Six Flags accident, I’m pretty sure, the “tri-pod” rule became one of those requirements that manufactures say must be met prior to riding.

The “tri-pod” rule states that every rider must have 3 functioning limbs. . . Either two legs and an arm, or two arms and a leg... But they had to have at least 3 (of their own limbs) prosthetics didn’t count. So if the ride op noticed she was a double amputee they shouldn’t have let her ride to begin with.... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:32 pm

I plan to visit on Saturday November 30 at the end of the night. I was planning on going on the Monday, but Adventuredome is closed for rehab.

I fully expect that to be one of the park's busiest days considering it's the weekend after Thanksgiving. On a busy day at this park, roughly how long are the lines? I'm only interested in riding El Loco, Canyon Blaster, and (my first) Chaos). We're wondering if 2 hours is enough time to get on each ride 1-2 times.
Post a reply
MY LATEST VIDEOS