Europa Park Discussion Thread

P. 215: New Scandinavian themed area concept art released!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I Love Donkeys!

Postby Teonanacatl » Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:14 am

I also doubt it would be a Mack designed just because Europa Park is more intressted in quality. I highly doubt they would spend millions of euro on a Mack. They would probably spend that much money on a B&M, Intamin, and maybe a Vekoma, Arrow, or S&S.

So you say Europa Park thinks that Mack Rides lack Quality? You are aware that the Europa Park is owned by the Mack Family, right? Except for Silver Star all their rides are Mack, so your statement doesn't really make sense.

I am really excited for their new Addition and wonder what exactly will make it a "World's first"...

edit: Robb beat me to it.
"Would you tell me, please, which way I ought to go from here?"
"That depends a good deal on where you want to get to," said the Cat.
"I don't much care where –" said Alice.
"Then it doesn't matter which way you go," said the Cat.
"– so long as I get somewhere," Alice added as an explanation.
"Oh, you're sure to do that," said the Cat, "if you only walk long enough."
Lewis Carroll, Alice's Adventures in Wonderland

Slightly racist and terrible at poetry

Postby Team Thriller » Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:14 am

robbalvey wrote:
Team Thriller wrote:^
Also Desert Race at Heide Park launches to its max speed in 2,4 seconds. Maybe this is a clone with a similar launch and a few inversions.

I also doubt it would be a Mack designed just because Europa Park is more intressted in quality.

I can't say much other than you're comment couldn't be further from the truth.

You do know that Europa Park is own by Mack and one of the purposes of the park is to be a "Mack Showroom" for all their ride products, right?

I wasn't sure but I did figure since the brothers who own the park have the same last name as the company. I was basing my guess off what I've heard from rumors, the general public, among others, and since I don't really know much about what the coaster is going to be, I agreed with them.

But I now stand corrected. :oops:

--James

We Ride with Pride

THE ANGRY DRAGON

Postby Bruno Lancetti » Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:22 am

I'm sure a "launch spinning coaster with inversions" is the real missing ride on the market at the moment...!!! Who will be the first to introduce this??? Intamin has already realized somthing similar without inversions (you know... coaster experts... Comet Express!!!). Why not...??? ;) :lmao: :butt:
Okay, here we go. Focus. Speed. I am speed. One winner, forty-two losers. Speed. Faster than fast, quicker than quick. I am Lightning "BRUCE" McQueen!
It's kind of fun to do the impossible - You can design, create, and build the most wonderful place in the world, but it takes people to make the dream a reality - Walt Disney

I Love Donkeys!

Postby Teonanacatl » Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:41 am

So with the premise of World's First and the current teasers, some ideas on what IMHO could fit.

Launched Spinning Coaster
Launched Spinning Coaster with Inversions
Spinning Inverted Coaster

Of course you could carry that on, but some of these ideas seem unlikely enought.

I just hope they don't pull a cheap one on the "World's First" as in "World's First Mack Launched Coaster" or something like that ;)
"Would you tell me, please, which way I ought to go from here?"
"That depends a good deal on where you want to get to," said the Cat.
"I don't much care where –" said Alice.
"Then it doesn't matter which way you go," said the Cat.
"– so long as I get somewhere," Alice added as an explanation.
"Oh, you're sure to do that," said the Cat, "if you only walk long enough."
Lewis Carroll, Alice's Adventures in Wonderland

This B&M donkey is so smooth!

Postby Nemesis Inferno » Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:15 am

Bugger...

Last year they announce Pony Express at Knott's before I go, and now it's Europa...

I'm cursed :P

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby matteocrepaldi » Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:23 am

An inverted launched spinning coaster with inversions sounds pretty interesting.

I can't wait to know more about it!

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby AstroDan » Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:33 am

This rollercoaster will be a Mack Ride. I envisage a RnR style launch followed by a Maverick style layout.

However, it is not true that only Silver Star is not Mack. Vindjammer is Huss, Fjord Rafting is Intamin, Euro-Tower is Intamin, Crazy Taxi and London Bus are Zamperla :br

El Toro totally owns the Voyage!

Postby coasterguy618 » Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:08 am

Team Thriller wrote:I also doubt it would be a Mack designed just because Europa Park is more intressted in quality. I highly doubt they would spend millions of euro on a Mack. They would probably spend that much money on a B&M, Intamin, and maybe a Vekoma, Arrow, or S&S.

1. Mack basically owns Europa Park, so most likely their new coaster will be a Mack. 2. Arrow went bankrupt years ago.

-Gaven

Slightly racist and terrible at poetry

Postby Team Thriller » Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:12 pm

^
1.) Silver Star wasn't a Mack, and it's the parks most popular, so the chances of it not being a Mack is okay (And I aware of the fact they own the park) 2.) Arrow is owned by S&S. So your right, I forgot about that. I'll edit it. ;)

--James

We Ride with Pride

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby olimonn » Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:31 pm

European rumours talk about a magnetic launch followed by a top hat, a loop, a double corkscrew and a final heartline roll. Nothing original exept the fact that it would be from Mack.

As far as advertising is concerned, this kind of ads has already been done (and in a better way), particularily the one with the sling shot:

(more on this link: http://parcorama.blogspot.com/2008/01/a ... ng_23.html )

Compared to

This kind of reminds me of the spirit of this video :

:lolr:

Edit: ^ Mack considered doing the hypercoaster thmeselves, but they realised they weren't technically advanced enough to carry the project out, thus they gave it to B&M. Some people here have very good reasons to believe it's a Mack. If you want it to be a B&M or an Intamin, that's your choice, but you might end up disappointed... ;)

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!