Europa Park Discussion Thread

P. 221: RWS Entertainment Group audition tour announced
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Re: Europa Park Discussion Thread

Postby larrygator » Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:45 pm

As a fan of geography and history I'm ashamed to learn Europa Park is that close to the French border, I assumed it was about 20-25 miles as the crow flies.

Sounds like a great way to make their French employees commute easier.
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

Portugal needs more old-school B&M's!!!

Postby rcjp » Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:14 pm

I also knew it was close but not actually that close. Looks like really cool and useful idea. Hope the project goes forward.
The Mr Freeze coasters should have speakers playing the sentence: "Let's kick some ice!" right before each launch

What does one say after riding a Batman clone?
The G force is strong with this one.

Did my donkey title just change???

Postby TurnOfTheCentury » Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:43 am

Yeah, I am also ashamed to not know how close the park is to France.

I am really happy they rebuilt the track for the coaster, but I can't say I love the Can-Can theme: I really thought the space theme worked best for that kind of ride. That said, other than the lift course, it looks like they preserved much of the intense darkness of the ride and it generally rides like the same ride.

LOVE that park - only been there once, but my rides on Wodan will be forever ingrained in my head: that was the hit of the park for me, with Silver Star another (somewhat) unexpected treat (Love that behind the scenes footage, where they appear to actually let people stand unattached to the midcourse break run as the train sails through -- somehow I don't see US parks letting that happen without full attorney releases?).

I actually didn't LOVE Blue Fire as much as I expected. Things are such much better for me on initial rides if I go in with lower or no expectations -- that way I can actually experience the ride as it is, rather than as I expected (or wanted) it to be.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby RAWKIN_coaster38 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:33 pm

I haven't been to Europa Park (yet) but this sounds like a great idea! Too bad it'll take 5 years to complete, as I'd love to ride it on my first visit to the park (hopefully next year if all goes well).

Also, here we are over in America trying to build a wall between us and our neighbors and Germany wants to build a cable car between them and theirs. :roll: SMH America. Going to stop now before I open this can of worms too much further...
“If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?”

Jason X versus the Robot Space Donkey!

Postby cookiex » Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:55 pm

Courtesy of Michael Mack on Twitter, the reconstruction of Fjord Rafting's lost tunnel has begun.

While disasters capture headlines and national attention short-term, the work of recovery and rebuilding is long-term.#Fjordrafting #Norway @europa_park

| Taron | Helix | Wildfire | Balder | blue fire Megacoaster | Schwur Des Kärnan | Silver Star | Expedition: Everest | Manta (Florida) | Kraken |
Coaster count: 91

| Europa Park | Liseberg | Phantasialand | Disney's Animal Kingdom | Gröna Lund |
Park count: 28

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Sun Dec 23, 2018 6:28 pm

^ Looking good. Hope the rebuild goes as planned, for them. :)

And Happy Holidays to Europa Park! :angel:
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Postby Jew » Tue Dec 25, 2018 7:51 pm

SharkTums wrote:That is a really neat idea! Love it!

I agree! Assuming they'd manage the villages as well, so their resort footprint expands and the commute lessens for their guests and workers.

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby Pedrinho » Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:45 am

So we've finally booked our first Europapark trip since October 2016 - that's the longest streak without having been to the park ever, but our US trip in 2017 and our boy being born in 2018 didn't get us the opportunity to go there in the meantime.

We're going the week after Easter, during the week with planning to be in the park Wednesday and Thursday with the option of Friday. We're sleeping off-property due to cost reasons (we're a bigger group and some cannot afford three night on property). Do the locals know how the crowds are there during that time? Normally we avoid the local holidays, but it's not manageable this time because we are a bigger group.

As it's my son's first visit to a major theme park, we're suprised (in a good way) how the park managed our requests. We got a specific list in advance what attractions he will be allowed to do then (without having asked, we just asked if we can bring a handcart and if we can heat up his selfmade food while being in restaurants and they assumed what would be additionally important to know for us).

So we're really excited how the two days will turn out for us a bigger group with a one year old. And we're excited for the dinner in the "Ochsen" which is our favourite restaurant in Rust! :D

As we know the park very well from being alone, just for ourselves, there - does anybody has some experience with going to Europapark with a one year old? In Tripsdrill, he rode everything he was allowed on and enjoyed it with loud giggles.
Last edited by Pedrinho on Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:07 am.
Top: Wood: Beast|Mystic Timbers|Wodan|Twister|Phoenix; Dive: Valravn; Wing: Flug der Dämonen|GateKeeper; Launch: Top Thrill Dragster|Karacho; Floorless: Rougarou; Invert: Banshee|Raptor|Monster; Bob: Flying Turns; <200ft: Expedition GeForce|Maverick; >200ft: Magnum XL-200; >300ft: Millennium Force; Mine: Colorado Adventure; Boomerang: Raik; Hybrid: Cyclone
Bucket List: Steel Vengeance|FLY|Formula Rossa|Blue Gemini|Colossos|Kennywood|Hersheypark

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:36 pm

https://twitter.com/EuropaParkUK/status/1086590343196233729

We've something exciting to show you…

Here's a sneak peek of the artwork for our new Scandinavian themed area!

Who's excited to discover it this year?
DxMzJpNX4AAOcHf.jpg
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby Pedrinho » Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:04 am

According to this Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siH-NvHtkOE they are changing track parts of Pegasus coaster.
Top: Wood: Beast|Mystic Timbers|Wodan|Twister|Phoenix; Dive: Valravn; Wing: Flug der Dämonen|GateKeeper; Launch: Top Thrill Dragster|Karacho; Floorless: Rougarou; Invert: Banshee|Raptor|Monster; Bob: Flying Turns; <200ft: Expedition GeForce|Maverick; >200ft: Magnum XL-200; >300ft: Millennium Force; Mine: Colorado Adventure; Boomerang: Raik; Hybrid: Cyclone
Bucket List: Steel Vengeance|FLY|Formula Rossa|Blue Gemini|Colossos|Kennywood|Hersheypark

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!