Europa Park Discussion Thread

P. 221: RWS Entertainment Group audition tour announced
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Site Admin

Re: Europa Park Discussion Thread

Postby robbalvey » Sun May 27, 2018 7:26 am

If I had to guess, I don't think Europa Park will waste much time at all once the dust settles to re-build this area of the park. I would also not be surprised to see them completely re-build it just as it was, updating things where it makes sense to. What does everyone think? Two years and we'll see this area back in operation as normal?

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby NightHawk » Sun May 27, 2018 7:31 am

I don't know. The area maybe, but I doub't they would bring back the pirates ride the way it was. The park is trying to come up with his own stuff now and not copy Disney any longer for the most part.

Then again, it was a much beloved classic people miss.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Sun May 27, 2018 7:34 am

NightHawk wrote:The park is trying to come up with his own stuff now and not copy Disney any longer for the most part.

Um... Their most recent attraction was a direct clone of Soarin'! :lol: :lmao:

I'm not complaining, I LOVED that ride, but it was absoultely a direct copy of a Disney attraction!

That being said, I really hope they DO bring back the Pirates ride but instead give us the Europa Park take on Shanghai Pirates! (Seriously, that would be amazing!)

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby sofulsomety » Sun May 27, 2018 7:36 am

Are they really operating the tiny HUSS pirate ship basically next to the smoking piles of rubble?

I just swallowed a whole donkey!

Postby KarlaKoaster » Sun May 27, 2018 7:38 am

I don't think it will be long before the area around Fjord Rafting is redeveloped and reopened, and maybe a bit longer before they replace Piraten. I loved Piraten, but mainly for sentimental reasons. It would be a waste to rebuild it like-for-like but I like the idea of a new ride that pays homage to the original while combining it with new technology. Europa really care about their history and I know from the work they're doing on Can-Can coaster how obsessive they are about respecting the history of Eurosat V1.

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby Hermanus » Sun May 27, 2018 7:43 am

robbalvey wrote:If I had to guess, I don't think Europa Park will waste much time at all once the dust settles to re-build this area of the park. I would also not be surprised to see them completely re-build it just as it was, updating things where it makes sense to. What does everyone think? Two years and we'll see this area back in operation as normal?

I'm not sure. The old ride had an insane amount of animatronics and those are very expensive if you want to update them. This is a problem parks like Europa Park and the Efteling both have. Pirates and Fata Morgana greatly depend on animatronics and detailed theming. I think that rebuilding would be to expensive. If I were Europa Park I'd start with a complete redesign of that area. Give Norway a bit more space (it was very nice, but small considering the visitor numbers) and redo the Netherlands with a new ride system (Pirates Shanghai, it's not like the even try to hide that fact they copy Disney). I do think the park needs a new darkride, the quality of the darkrides in the park is a bit poor for a park of that size. They may not need them, but I'd love to see them build a new age darkride with a good level of detail.

I just swallowed a whole donkey!

Postby KarlaKoaster » Sun May 27, 2018 7:52 am

I think even a Spidersman/Darkastle ride system would be nice addition to Europa Park actually. I would really like it to be a world-class dark ride, I can't really think of a suitable ride system that Mack produce unless there's anything under development (not sure who manufactured Shanghai Pirates?). I guess Mack would rather produce something in house although I guess we can't rule them out using another manufacturer.

Edit to add photo
33583406_2013353748929792_4950735319503732736_n.jpg
Image: Europastreet

Jason X versus the Robot Space Donkey!

Postby cookiex » Sun May 27, 2018 8:17 am

They've been talking about building a new land with a major coaster behind Greece in 2020/2021 and I wonder if it's possible it gets pushed back in favor of rebuilding Holland/Scandinavia.

Just looking at the photos I don't see how they won't just level all of Batavia and build something similar in its place.
| Taron | Helix | Wildfire | Balder | blue fire Megacoaster | Schwur Des Kärnan | Silver Star | Expedition: Everest | Manta (Florida) | Kraken |
Coaster count: 91

| Europa Park | Liseberg | Phantasialand | Disney's Animal Kingdom | Gröna Lund |
Park count: 28

I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Postby Belgiumcoasterfreak » Sun May 27, 2018 9:51 am

Sad news, was shocked when I first saw it on Social Media.

SharkTums wrote:Not the poffertjes!!!!!!

The poffertjes-house survived the fire!

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby CanobieFan » Sun May 27, 2018 10:22 am

Such a beautiful park... very upsetting to see this happen.

Glad everyone made it out safely though. The owners seem very dedicated and will hopefully rebuild what was lost.
I LOVE CLASSIC WOODEN COASTERS AND NOSTALGIA.
I AM STRONGLY AGAINST NEUTERING WOODEN COASTERS
(Sadly) I AM THOROUGHLY AGAINST TOPPER TRACK. WOODEN COASTERS ARE SUPPOSED TO RATTLE YOU.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!