Walt Disney World Resort Non-Park Discussion Thread

P. 130: MorimotoFest event details released!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Re: Walt Disney World Resort Non-Park Discussion Thread

Postby PKI Jizzman » Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:46 am

This news is about a month old, but I just came across the article today. A local chain from Chicago, Beatrix, is coming to Disney Springs!
https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2019/08/beatrix-coming-to-disney-springs/

Although it's described as a healthy restaurant, their market with baked goods and coffee features some of the best cookies I've ever had and are widely regarded as some of the best cookies (Oatmeal butterscotch, magic [with marshmallows/frosted flakes/chocolate chips], seasalt chocolate, PB&J etc) you can get in Chicago! I'm sure you will will love this spot as it has something for everyone, it can be as cost efficient or expensive as you want, and it's all really really good. There's always a huge selection of the staple menu items but they offer lots of specials and features which makes going there frequently very easy :lover:

Here's the page for one of the Chicago locations:
https://www.beatrixrestaurants.com/beatrix/river-north/
b.JPG
Nutella fans don't know what they're missing
bak.JPG
There's something for everyone's taste and diet!
bbb.JPG
Cookie for 1 or 2, you decide!
cook.JPG
Sometimes a fork and knife are required
{1991} Chicago based. Creative ad world guy with @adultswim @cartoonnetwork World traveler, concert attendee, salsa connoisseur, comic reader, and theme park nerd
IG: photoboothez

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:49 am

The Skyliner looks great! I can totally see myself inventing reasons to ride it and pretending it makes more sense than just moving the car. :lol:

PS: Obviously I'm speaking to our needs on our next trip when we're not staying on property, not for hotel guests where this is super awesome.
Last edited by coasterbill on Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:50 am.

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby Haymaker » Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:32 pm

Staying at AoA in February, itll be nice riding this instead of driving to Epcot and DHS. Intersted to see how quickly the lines move at the end of a night too.

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Tue Oct 01, 2019 4:38 am

It's great to see the "Skyway" return to a Disney park--and serve a practical purpose.

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby Xmeister » Wed Oct 02, 2019 2:33 am

On Monday I was able to give this fantastic new transportation option a couple of rides before seeing the final IllumiNations and the Skyliner doesn’t disappoint! For not having A/C it really is quite comfortable and I’d much rather take this than the busses. The only downside I experienced was that the difference in view between the cars with the character wraps and those without is quite noticeable. On my last ride back to Epcot I requested a car without obstruction and it was well worth the short wait! Of course they were happy to grant my request. I noticed others were also asking for the undecorated cars. This is a transport option that feels very “Disney”. Much more so than the bus fleet.

I very much hope they expand the system and wonder if it would be something they would consider for Disneyland in the unlikely event the third gate ever becomes a reality.

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Wed Oct 02, 2019 6:37 am

caleb.stone wrote:I'm loving this addition to the parks. My question on it though: do they group you with others that aren't in your party? Did you have to wait for an individual carriage? etc.

When it's busy with a line, they do group you so that there are up to 10 in each gondola. When it's quieter they don't put as many in. It has also been reported that they've been good with letting people request and wait for certain gondolas.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:31 am

The Skyliner really gives an impressive entrance to Epcot! Yet another way to beat the traffic and get that resort experience.

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby bigboy » Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:10 am

I know I could probably read up more on my own, but I'm curious to hear about how boarding and riding works from people that have used the Skyliner. Is there a lot of transferring from one gondola to another involved or do you pretty much board one and stay on? For example, if I board at Hourglass Lake, do you then transfer over to one of the park lines at Caribbean? If you board at Caribbean on the Epcot line, do you just stay on board through the Riviera station or transfer again? I'm sure it's simpler than I think.

I can't wait to try it out. My wife, ever the huge People Mover and monorail fan, wants to take a trip to WDW just for the Skyliner.

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Wed Oct 02, 2019 11:15 am

Basically everyone switches at Caribbean Beach. That's where the mechanics for all three separate lines are. If you board at Caribbean Beach heading to Riviera and Epcot you STAY in your gondola at Riviera and people may or may not be added to it at that hotel once it's open. They do NOT make you get off and get back on at Riviera when you're heading to Epcot.

I know quite a lot about Donkeys!

Postby super7 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:44 pm

Most American parks removed their cable skyways in the 80s after the Magic Mountain and Six Flags Mid America fatalities. These are great rides. Hopefully they make a comeback in the US wIth these more modern systems.

The announcement voice and the chime during the Disney ride is VERY annoying. Lol

Thanks for posting the video. These are nice looong rides. One could spend hours just riding them around.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!