Walt Disney World Resort Non-Park Discussion Thread

P. 124: New Jaleo restaurant details & renderings released!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Re: Walt Disney World Resort Non-Park Discussion Thread

Postby Vigil » Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:24 pm

So I am going to be in Orlando tomorrow, and I was wondering if anyone had any advice about what to do for New Year's Eve. I was hoping to go to a park (either at Disney or elsewhere), but was looking for any advice anyone has about what to do. Epcot was my thought but I know it's SUPER crowded; I assume everywhere will be and that's just got to be part of the fun. I've never been to SeaWorld either so I thought there might be cool too. Thanks for any help!

Open Up Happiness

Postby jedimaster1227 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:33 am

The ThinkFoodGroup has sent us a new press release including details and renderings of the new restaurant Jaleo, opening at Disney Springs later this year!

Jaleo_Main Entrance Rendering.jpg

Today, José Andrés’ ThinkFoodGroup, in collaboration with renowned Spanish design firm Capella Garcia Arquitectura, revealed details of the striking design of the beloved Jaleo brand’s newest location at Disney Springs. Opening this winter, the 22 thousand square foot restaurant will be Andrés’ largest to date and will bring the spirit and flavors of Spain to Disney Springs at Walt Disney World Resort in Lake Buena Vista, Florida.

Based on the colorful iconography of Spain, the architectural form of the building is inspired by an artichoke, a vegetable native to José’s homeland. The artichoke structure opens up, inviting guests to enter and experience the very best of Spanish cuisine. The petals themselves form pergolas, which extend toward the outdoors. The freestanding, two-story building lacks solid walls and is completely open to the outside, with large windows offering views of the lake while protecting diners from the sun. “There are no cubic forms, no opaque walls, no straight lines: here reigns a plant-like organic structure with its dynamic forms. An avant-garde, expressionist and welcoming architecture,” remarks Juli Capella, principal at Capella Garcia Arquitectura, on Jaleo’s design.

The interior features a double height central courtyard that visually connects the restaurant’s two floors. The idea of Jaleo, the Spanish word for “revelry,” inspires the large, family-style gathering space, inviting guests to share tapas and sangria, gather with family at the foosball tables, or enjoy the more elegant central seating for paellas and grilled meats, anchored by the restaurant’s open kitchen and wood fire grill. Private dining options include two terraces, one overlooking the Disney Springs promenade and another overlooking the lake.

Typical Spanish colors of citrus, namely orange and lemon, offer a welcoming ambience alongside predominant touches of wood and ceramic materials. Stunning artwork includes the “Suit of Lights,” an iconic photo of a bullfighter’s suit from Spanish photographer Rafael Vargas, as well a collage of San Sebastian’s popular Concha beach by photographer Ciuco Gutiérrez, bringing the Spanish landscape closer to Walt Disney World Resort.

Occupying the front-corner of Jaleo and overlooking the main promenade of Disney Springs will be a quick-service concept serving Spanish street-food-inspired sandwiches and salads. The design of the casual restaurant features natural materials and a luminous, open feel, inviting visitors into the friendly space, which is centered around a large mural from Marc Jesús, a famous painter from Menorca. With dynamic visual elements drawn from the culinary delights and landscapes of Spain, Andrés and Capella aim to surround visitors in the culture of their native country and all its creativity.
Jaleo Interior Rendering.jpg
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

If the donkey is rockin, don't come knockin!

Postby djcoastermark » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:00 am

At first glance, it looked a little Mickey D's to me. Upon reading though, and knowing Jose Andres is behind this, it's looking and sounding a whole lot better. The food alone should be worth it.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby bert425 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:36 am

I am absolutely LOVING the design that has gone into this.

I "got" Artichoke inspired immediately.

if it looks this great once completed? absolutely a place I would go to for a meal, as the fantastic design promises some absolutely delicious food inside!
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby Yamez » Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:41 am

I can speak from experience from the Washington DC location - the food is amazing. You have to be careful when ordering plates though, they may be small but they can be very pricey. One of my favorites is the Croquetas de pollo, which is essentially shredded chicken wrapped in a fritter and fried. It was amazing!

Previous

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!