Six Flags America (SFA) Discussion Thread

P. 831 - Harley Quinn Spinsanity Announced for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 7 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Bonafide Donkey Expert

Re: Six Flags America (SFA) Discussion Thread

Postby Highridin » Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:20 am

JG-77 wrote:I’ve generally heard that Firehawk was the best, but I’ve only been on Batwing (which I personally like).

Nope, Batwing was known as the best one. Some people believe it's one of the best fliers overall.
Top 3 steel: Skyrush, Twisted Timbers, I305
Top 3 wood: El Toro, Twister, Wild One

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:48 am

^ I thought Batwing was the worst of the Dutchmen. It was quite rattly last year when I rode it in April. Firehawk was the slowest but it was the smoothest.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland), Phoenix, Boulder Dash
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Schwur des Karnan
Most Recent Trip Reports- Funtown U.S.A. & Palace Playland

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby thrillseeker4552 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:31 pm

I thought Firehawk and Batwing felt exactly the same. Neither one was worse or better than the other. I did, however, think Nighthawk was a step down since the whole ride was rougher, especially the moments where you lay on your back. Obviously no more Firehawk, but I will be back on Batwing and Nighthawk later this month so I'm curious if my opinions will change (assuming Batwing is even open).
Steel: 176 / Wood: 32 / Total: 208
Home Parks: Knott's (when home), Lagoon (at school)
Favorite Coaster: Intimidator 305

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:07 am

Canobie Coaster wrote:^ I thought Batwing was the worst of the Dutchmen. It was quite rattly last year when I rode it in April. Firehawk was the slowest but it was the smoothest.

I haven't been to SFA in a few years, but I did think Batwing was surprisingly decent.

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby RollingCoasting » Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:45 pm

Accidental post whoops

Um, I guess Firebird looks nice?

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby FocalRanger » Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:17 am

Photo Trip Report 6/5

My friend Casey and I had 3.5 hours to spend at the park as I had to work at 3pm. Since it was a Wednesday in early June we figured crowds would be light and that we would be able to do everything we wanted to in that time. We were right. SFA was pretty dead that day with everything being a walk on. Every coaster was running one train and for good reason. Wasn't even mad haha. I was bummed that Ragin Cajun was closed as I have yet to ride it. Batwing was also down but that is no shocker. Renegade Rapids was also closed and drained of water. We started the day with Wonder Woman: LOT, this was more disorienting than Windseeker but I really enjoy these rides and I like the location of it. As for the coasters that day, Superman was running great in the front seat but the back wasn't as smooth. Nothing that noticeable though, still running great imo. Joker's Jinx was hauling a$$ and was really smooth. Wild One was showing it's centennial age a little towards the end of the ride and the helix but it's still a crazy fun woodie with some unique elements (that double down though). Mind Eraser was Mind Eraser :lmao: Anyone else think SLC's are really forceful? We both agreed that there was some strong G's on the first inversions. We rode Firebird in the front row and I really enjoyed that. I have yet to try the back on it however. Roar was the surprise of this trip as I was dreading giving this ride another chance. I am so glad I did though because it was actually running quite well. Smoother than Wild One actually. I still say RMC it SFA but it's not too bad and I would of definitely rode it again. I was honestly pretty disappointed in the cost of a single day ticket for this park though. Luckily, Casey had gotten us discounted tickets but originally it would of cost me $92 for a single day ticket with parking included. That was the slightly discounted online price too. In all, it was a great 3.5 hours at the park though considering our circumstances.
Onto the pictures!
sfa1.jpg
Casey is ready to go!
sfa26.jpg
Did not realize this part of Typhoon Sea Coaster was still standing! Pretty neat.
sfa10.jpg
sfa11.jpg
sfa12.jpg
sfa13.jpg
sfa14.jpg
sfa15.jpg
sfa16.jpg
sfa17.jpg
sfa18.jpg
sfa19.jpg
sfa2.jpg
sfa20.jpg
sfa3.jpg
sfa4.jpg
sfa5.jpg
sfa6.jpg
sfa7.jpg
sfa8.jpg
sfa9.jpg
sfa21.jpg
sfa22.jpg
sfa23.jpg
sfa24.jpg
sfa25.jpg
sfa27.jpg
sfa28.jpg
sfa29.jpg
sfa30.jpg
sfa31.jpg
sfa32.jpg

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby MisterBrow » Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:08 pm

We headed in on Saturday to finally ride Firebird a few times and hit Macho Nacho. Entry lines at 10:30 were all the way out to the parking lot and along the sidewalk. When we left cars were parking all the way out in the overflow lot beyond the water park. Most of these people must have been in the water park, no coaster lines.

Since we could see Firebird wasn't running yet we hopped on RC, WO, and Fireball. We were met with staff explaining that Firebird was down and they were working on it. Too early for dining pass lunch so we headed to SM. Batman was also down. This is where the day became exciting. Right before the last bunny hops I got caught from elbow to wrist with branches. Sitting waiting to get into the station, blood on my shorts, a 6 inch piece of shrubbery on my lap, and leaves sticking out of my forearm. I walked over to the ride operator to tell him and show him the welts all over my arm and he just shrugged. The other ride op says, people have been complaining about that and they kept loading cars, so I handed him the stick. We left our phones in the car so I don't have a picture.

Walked up to guest relations and it was swamped so I went into first aid. I received another shrug of the shoulders there and was asked, "So do you want a band-aid?" I said I would like to report this as they are still running the ride. He took my name, address, etc... and finally offered an alcohol pad to clean up. He reads his narrative which ended with "guest sustained a scratch." I said I have a dozen welts and six punctures where I pulled leaves out of my skin and my shoulder is sore from being pulled. Then he gets accusatory with hold on all you didn't say anything about that before. I said you've only taken my contact information. He asks, "Were you riding with your arms up?" I'm thinking to myself have you ever ridden a roller coaster? of course my arms were up (keep in mind that I stand a near 5'4").

We went back to Macho Nacho to eat. One person in front of us and one person after, and they botched the orders. As we finished up I could hear a chipper guy apologizing for Firebird being down so we went over and found that it was a manager. I said, "Is Superman down because someone got hit by a tree? That was me." Long story short he said he would give me call yesterday, still no call today.

Overall I feel OK, I probably wouldn't go bowling today. They were even working on the doors of the new restrooms so I didn't even get to do that. Just a debacle.

The important information is that they are waiting on a part for Batman again. When I asked if it was related to the part they were waiting for last year he gave a big laugh. Firebird he claimed "woke up grumpy." Tried asking several ways and got that same answer. So, if you were there Saturday, that's why three coasters were down.
Meister Brau just wants a path from CC to SM at SFA, meal plan burrito, some shade, and a restroom back there.

2019- Macho Nacho CHECK Restroom by Super CHECK!
New wish: New trains on ME

What's with the donkeys anyway?

Postby Hershey_flags » Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:04 pm

Firebird did open up later in the day on Saturday.

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:31 pm

I just now realized this park has two fire coasters now.

What's with the donkeys anyway?

Postby Hershey_flags » Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:40 pm

It is better than having two frisbees, two Boomerangs, and two trabant style rides in the same park.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!