Six Flags America (SFA) Discussion Thread

P. 831 - Harley Quinn Spinsanity Announced for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: Majestic-12 [Bot] and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Re: Six Flags America (SFA) Discussion Thread

Postby JG-77 » Sat May 18, 2019 5:37 pm

Just finished a fun day at SFA! Probably going to put up a TR at some point, but I’ll post the key takeaways here for now:

Firebird is fun in the back and a great improvement over Apocalypse
Batwing is still down
Everything was running two trains (even ME)
Wild One is perhaps a bit bumpier than usual, but is hauling like mad
New bathrooms are open, men’s room has two urinals, two stalls, two sinks (didn’t check women’s obviously)
Wild One, Roar, and Firebird each had technical difficulties that required both trains be emptied and cycled a couple times before resuming operations
Significant crowds, but line still manageable
Red train seems to be running best on Superman, but I only tried the Blue train in 2nd row whereas I rode the red train in 1st row
Tip: The fries and onion ringy dingy ding-a-ling dings at Jonny Rockets are snacks on the dining pass, and have good portion sizes.

Also, the trick to minimize sliding on RC (and I assume other spinning mice) is to put your feet on the metal diagonal footrest thingy in the front of the car, and press hard on it with your feet (like your trying to push it with your legs). I’ve found that very helpful.
1. El Toro :airtime: 2. El Toro :airtimer: 3. El Toro :airtime: 4. El Toro :airtimer: --- I'm not good at ranking...

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Postby Ed Farmer » Sun May 19, 2019 7:22 pm

Late to the party, but nice pics from the media day (and the 5/17 update). Firebird looks fantastic! I greatly enjoyed this coaster as a Stand Up at SFGAm, and was happy to catch a few last laps on Apocalypse before it closed in 2018. I think it has a great layout, so I'm glad it got the refurb rather than getting scrapped. Hopefully it'll stick around for many years to come.
Been you to have any spike, man?

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby FocalRanger » Wed May 22, 2019 7:58 pm

Awesome trip reports and great pictures C.O.! Batwing is so love/hate for me because I enjoy the coaster but cannot stand how slow the dispatch times are along with the reliability issues.

What's with the donkeys anyway?

Postby Hershey_flags » Sat May 25, 2019 10:41 am

Wahoo River has gotten some tropical trees added as well as another bridge to get over to the pool.

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby MisterBrow » Sat May 25, 2019 6:45 pm

Hershey_flags wrote:Wahoo River has gotten some tropical trees added as well as another bridge to get over to the pool.

NEW TREES!!!!!!

We not only got the bathroom but even more trees? This is getting to be too good to be real.
Meister Brau just wants a path from CC to SM at SFA, meal plan burrito, some shade, and a restroom back there.

2019- Macho Nacho CHECK Restroom by Super CHECK!
New wish: New trains on ME

What's with the donkeys anyway?

Postby Hershey_flags » Sat May 25, 2019 7:05 pm

There is also a new R&B show that they just added to the show lineup. It is located in the Grande Theatre!

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby Highridin » Sun May 26, 2019 5:02 am

There are more trees planted in several areas. In a year or two, they will have some height.
Top 3 steel: Skyrush, Twisted Timbers, I305
Top 3 wood: El Toro, Twister, Wild One

I just swallowed a whole donkey!

Postby Jason Maier » Sun May 26, 2019 11:55 am

Hershey_flags wrote:There is also a new R&B show that they just added to the show lineup. It is located in the Grande Theatre!

I like that they have Grande Theater shows in the summer :) Gives me something to do if it done get too hot (Maryland summers can sometimes get brutal).

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby JG-77 » Sun May 26, 2019 12:04 pm

Not sure if/when I’ll submit a full TR of my trip last weekend, but for now, check out this video I made on SFA’s latest addition:
1. El Toro :airtime: 2. El Toro :airtimer: 3. El Toro :airtime: 4. El Toro :airtimer: --- I'm not good at ranking...

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby DarienPoint » Sun May 26, 2019 2:25 pm

^ Joker's Jinx really didn't want you talking lol.

What an awesome tour!! I sure do love the cleaning supplies on the sink, awesome theming.
Darien Lake is my home park. :kiss:

Coaster Count: 100 || Parks: 16
100th Coaster: Comet @ TGE :b
Top 10: 1. Superman the Ride | 2. Wicked Cyclone | 3. Millennium Force | 4. Maverick | 5. Leviathan | 6. Goliath (La Ronde) | 7. Kingda Ka | 8. Behemoth | 9. Bizzaro | 10. El Toro

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!