Six Flags America (SFA) Discussion Thread

P. 831 - Harley Quinn Spinsanity Announced for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 8 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Site Admin

Re: Six Flags America (SFA) Discussion Thread

Postby robbalvey » Mon May 06, 2019 10:58 am

crankypage wrote:I could do it- I'm in the area and at the park often, but honestly I'm so annoyed at Six Flags' policy so far, with members allowed to ride and non-members, including upper-tier season passholders, left to watch from the sidelines until the 17th, that I don't want to do anything to promote this ride. I wish you luck finding someone.

Yeah, that's actually a really shitty obnoxious attitude to have. Not only would I not want you representing our site but I don't want people like you on our forums. So you can just sit there on the sidelines and watch the rest of us post about the fun we're having in the park while you sit there and be a self-entitled rude jerk.

Bu-Bye....

The irony of this is that had to responded "Oh, man, I'd love to do the media event and get to ride before the opening date" you would have actually gotten to do something super fun and cool that ALL those other passholders and members would have wanted to do. Personally, I feel that if you're looking for "bragging rights" (as dumb as that actually is IMO) saying you got to do a media event is by far higher on the list than "riding it first" through a passholder preview.

But to each his own... you just sit there and continue to be angry....
Last edited by robbalvey on Mon May 06, 2019 11:05 am.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Mon May 06, 2019 11:14 am

Everyone knows that a Six Flags membership is less than $6 a month, right? :lol:

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby JG-77 » Mon May 06, 2019 11:29 am

^It’s a bit more expensive now if you don’t have friends to buy it with, but still pretty cheap
1. El Toro :airtime: 2. El Toro :airtimer: 3. El Toro :airtime: 4. El Toro :airtimer: --- I'm not good at ranking...

What's with the donkeys anyway?

Postby Hershey_flags » Mon May 06, 2019 12:01 pm

I don’t get why people would be mad about pass-holders getting less benefits than members. Memberships are more expensive so you get what you pay for. Gold season passes are like $55 during the flash sale!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Mon May 06, 2019 12:23 pm

If you pay more, you get more service. That's how it is anywhere. Not just theme parks.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland), Phoenix, Boulder Dash
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Schwur des Karnan
Most Recent Trip Reports- Dutch Wonderland & Hersheypark- Summer

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby CoasterAuditor » Mon May 06, 2019 12:41 pm

Some people feel very "entitled" over their season passes. I went to KD when Twisted Timbers opened and this woman was upset they were not running two trains during the passholder preview. She said "WE'RE PASSHOLDERS SURELY THEY KNOW THAT!" They also know that not running two trains on Twisted Timbers for one day while they were working their kinks out will likely have no effect on the $100 you probably already paid so....
I'm an accountant that's obsessed with roller coasters
Knoebels > Everywhere

1. El Toro 2. Intimidator 305 3. Phoenix 4. Millennium Force 5. New Texas Giant

118 Coasters
16 Parks

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Parker821 » Mon May 06, 2019 5:18 pm

robbalvey wrote:
crankypage wrote:I could do it- I'm in the area and at the park often, but honestly I'm so annoyed at Six Flags' policy so far, with members allowed to ride and non-members, including upper-tier season passholders, left to watch from the sidelines until the 17th, that I don't want to do anything to promote this ride. I wish you luck finding someone.

Yeah, that's actually a really shitty obnoxious attitude to have. Not only would I not want you representing our site but I don't want people like you on our forums. So you can just sit there on the sidelines and watch the rest of us post about the fun we're having in the park while you sit there and be a self-entitled rude jerk.

Bu-Bye....

The irony of this is that had to responded "Oh, man, I'd love to do the media event and get to ride before the opening date" you would have actually gotten to do something super fun and cool that ALL those other passholders and members would have wanted to do. Personally, I feel that if you're looking for "bragging rights" (as dumb as that actually is IMO) saying you got to do a media event is by far higher on the list than "riding it first" through a passholder preview.

But to each his own... you just sit there and continue to be angry....

:| Wow...

Lol anyway seems like a cool event to attend, surprised people are not jumping out of their seats. Wished I lived closer.
2017 Ride Operator - Mad Mouse/Shivering Timbers
2018 Ride Operator - Shivering Timbers
2019 Team Lead - Thunderhawk

What's with the donkeys anyway?

Postby Hershey_flags » Mon May 06, 2019 6:27 pm

They added an extra touch of theming to Firebird today! Love what they did around the fire effect.
809217A1-DD51-4D7F-9018-A15F8A40A92D.png

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby Highridin » Mon May 06, 2019 6:38 pm

JG-77 wrote:^Username checks out

:nina:
Top 3 steel: Skyrush, Twisted Timbers, I305
Top 3 wood: El Toro, Twister, Wild One

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby JG-77 » Mon May 06, 2019 7:28 pm

As far as the firebird media event, I wish I knew somebody who could do it, but all the enthusiasts I know (myself included) are minors
1. El Toro :airtime: 2. El Toro :airtimer: 3. El Toro :airtime: 4. El Toro :airtimer: --- I'm not good at ranking...

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!