Six Flags America (SFA) Discussion Thread

P. 814 - Firebird Media Event Trip Report!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 6 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Six Flags America (SFA) Discussion Thread

Postby DoinItForTheFame » Fri May 03, 2019 9:02 pm

boldikus wrote:^ :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

That's the fire effect?

That was literally my thought when I saw the photo!!! :lmao: :lmao:

I don’t get all the hype over the fire effect. You can get basically the same effect from any generic firework stand across the country from about the middle of June through July 4th.
Bigger is not always better.

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby Highridin » Fri May 03, 2019 9:33 pm

Man, people bellyache about anything. The fire effect is larger in live action. Look at the YouTube video that just came out. I'm too lazy right now to link it.

Either way, I'm sure that the emphasis wasn't on a volcano blast. Probably were more concerned about the paint and trains. Do you think?? :|
The top 3: Twisted Timbers, El Toro, Volcano

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby Highridin » Fri May 03, 2019 9:35 pm

JG-77 wrote:^^^could be, but it could also just be the timing of the photo (though I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s actually that small). Doesn’t really matter, small fire > no fire

^^this... it's the timing. I saw the video. It is bigger. Also, I agree. Either way, small fire > no fire.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Sat May 04, 2019 9:31 am

Not surprised the floorless trains are an upgrade. It is weird the back rows are the smoothest spots though.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Fury 325, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Iron Rattler
Most Recent Trip Reports- Canobie Lake Park & Six Flags New England- Goliath Only

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Sun May 05, 2019 8:47 am

I just got the invite for Firebird at Six Flags America on the morning of May 16. Do we have anyone that is somewhat local to the area that would want to go to it representing TPR? You must be willing to shoot photos & video of the ride, post a trip report to the forum, and be on-camera with much enthusiasm for a rider-cam! If you're interested, please email: robbalvey@themeparkreview.com

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby Highridin » Sun May 05, 2019 11:25 am

Damn, I would like to, but not sure about that date. I'll forward this to a few people.

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby LegendLover » Sun May 05, 2019 9:48 pm

I just saw the videos of Firebird. It looks like a great improvement to the ride and the park overall. The colors really pop, the ride looks zippier with the floorless trains, and the area around the ride looks a lot better. I wasn't too much of a fan of the Apocalypse theme, but I love the cleaner look of the area around Firebird. I can't wait to try it out! Good job Six Flags!

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Mon May 06, 2019 10:07 am

Need to find someone ASAP! Let me know if you are interested!

I just got the invite for Firebird at Six Flags America on the morning of May 16. Do we have anyone that is somewhat local to the area that would want to go to it representing TPR? You must be willing to shoot photos & video of the ride, post a trip report to the forum, and be on-camera with much enthusiasm for a rider-cam! If you're interested, please email: robbalvey@themeparkreview.com

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby crankypage » Mon May 06, 2019 10:52 am

robbalvey wrote:Need to find someone ASAP! Let me know if you are interested!

I could do it- I'm in the area and at the park often, but honestly I'm so annoyed at Six Flags' policy so far, with members allowed to ride and non-members, including upper-tier season passholders, left to watch from the sidelines until the 17th, that I don't want to do anything to promote this ride. I wish you luck finding someone.

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby JG-77 » Mon May 06, 2019 10:53 am

^Username checks out
1. El Toro :airtime: 2. El Toro :airtimer: 3. El Toro :airtime: 4. El Toro :airtimer: --- I'm not good at ranking...

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!