Six Flags America (SFA) Discussion Thread

P. 831 - Harley Quinn Spinsanity Announced for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Re: Six Flags America (SFA) Discussion Thread

Postby bluestreak » Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:40 pm

Fortnite is already dying anyways. The large majority of people who play it are like 12 year olds. Six flags won't market to them, especially when within a few months of opening fortnite will be as dead as people's hopes for a new coaster at this park.
Steel: 150 Wood: 57 Total: 207

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:57 am

DarkRideNick wrote:
bill_s wrote:If it wasn't for your posts here, I'd have no idea what Fortnite even is.

Really? It is the biggest video game around right now. Arguably bigger than Halo, Call of Duty, or Mario! Six Flags is missing out big time by not cashing in on it's popularity right now.

All three of those franchises have staying power, and Mario is the most recognized character period. Not just games, but all media. More people can recognize Mario than Ronald McDonald.

But yeah, a free to play game that touts its number of downloads and won't say how many active players there are, already having to fend off multiple lawsuits....shure. They're totally missing out there. :lol:

The best thing about TPR is the donkeys.

Postby DarkRideNick » Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:48 pm

ytterbiumanalyst wrote:
DarkRideNick wrote:
bill_s wrote:If it wasn't for your posts here, I'd have no idea what Fortnite even is.

Really? It is the biggest video game around right now. Arguably bigger than Halo, Call of Duty, or Mario! Six Flags is missing out big time by not cashing in on it's popularity right now.

All three of those franchises have staying power, and Mario is the most recognized character period. Not just games, but all media. More people can recognize Mario than Ronald McDonald.

But yeah, a free to play game that touts its number of downloads and won't say how many active players there are, already having to fend off multiple lawsuits....shure. They're totally missing out there. :lol:

Sally is developing a Five Nights at Freddy's dark ride...

Universal Studios is adding an entire Nintendo themed land...

Carowinds has a Plants VS Zombies attraction...

Popular video game IPs are nothing new to the theme park industry. With as much money as Fortnite is making, yes it IS a stupid decision to not cash in on it. You don't have to PLAY Fortnite to even enjoy the idea. Imagine a Fortnite themed restaurant called "Moisty Mire Cafe" where you can get a specialty cocktail named after an in-game powerup. Even if you've never played a match in your life, it would still be fun to get an exclusive drink in a souvenir cup. Guests would eat it up and make diaperloads of cash.
Nicky Palton
:lmao: Cedar Point's #1 Fan :lmao:

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby bert425 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:03 pm

DarkRideNick wrote:Carowinds has a Plants VS Zombies attraction...

thinks of my last visit to Carowinds. . where almost WHOLE PARK was down for hours due to weather in the area, and although PvZ was operating (as was Boo Blasters - which had a line), PvZ was walk on.

and they were only using one side, and several of the seats were closed off as broken.

so . . . yeah.

it might exist, but it ain't "helping" your argument here.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby Mike240SX » Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:11 pm

DarkRideNick wrote:Sally is developing a Five Nights at Freddy's dark ride...

That no actual park has bought yet.

Universal Studios is adding an entire Nintendo themed land...

NINTENDO. Not the same thing. Everyone knows Nintendo and their major IPs (Mario, Kirby, Pokemon, Donkey Kong). There's so much to build off of there and multiple generations of guests can relate.

Carowinds has a Plants VS Zombies attraction...

I had to look this up, and it surprises me. Shooting dark rides can be successful regardless of the IP, though. Look at the Reeses one at Hershey or Boo Blasters at Kings Dominion/Island.

Popular video game IPs are nothing new to the theme park industry.

You're right. We're telling you, Fortnite is not as popular as you think it is.

With as much money as Fortnite is making, yes it IS a stupid decision to not cash in on it. You don't have to PLAY Fortnite to even enjoy the idea.

Yes, you do. And sorry, the 10-16 demographic isn't spending money at theme parks, and their parents would or wouldn't regardless of any Fortnite anything. It also doesn't change the fact that in two years, the same demographic that eats up Fortnite will have moved on to whatever the next "craze" game is.

Imagine a Fortnite themed restaurant called "Moisty Mire Cafe" where you can get a specialty cocktail named after an in-game powerup. Even if you've never played a match in your life, it would still be fun to get an exclusive drink in a souvenir cup. Guests would eat it up and make diaperloads of cash.

I only speak for me here, but no, I would have absolute zero interest in trying something, anything...a ride, a restaurant, a game, you name it...themed to Fortnite just because it was themed to Fortnite. And I am a gamer.

Seriously, just give it up.
-Mike
Total Coasters: 134
Top 10 Steel: Maverick, Skyrush, Intimidator 305, Banshee, Millennium Force, Raptor, Superman: The Ride (SFNE), Top Thrill Dragster, Big Bad Wolf, Volcano
Top 10 Wood: The Beast, El Toro, Phoenix (Knoebels), Boulder Dash, Thunderbolt (KW), Mystic Timbers, Comet (Hershey), Hercules, Shivering Timbers, Jack Rabbit (KW)
Top 5 Hybrid: Twisted Timbers, Goliath (SFGAm), Wicked Cyclone, Great White, Gemini

Postby DarkRideNick » Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:40 pm

Mike240SX wrote:
I only speak for me here, but no, I would have absolute zero interest in trying something, anything...a ride, a restaurant, a game, you name it...themed to Fortnite just because it was themed to Fortnite. And I am a gamer.

Seriously, just give it up.

The 10-16 demographic has a HUGE MONOPOLY on theme park attendance. How many theme parks do you go to where it is just adults walking around? None. If kids want to go to a park, the parents will pay to take them. Trust me, I've worked in Economics for 4 years and that is basic business.

When Thomas Town at SFA opened it was hugely popular. Now that it is Whistlestop, no one cares! Reinvigorating that area with a Fortnite theme would be financially minuscule but attract a lot of guests.

Attached is an idea of retheming Whistlestop to "Fortnite Land".

Nobody complained when Six Flags brought DC Comics to the parks and no one complained when Disney brought Star Wars to the park. Why is Fortnite coming to Six Flags bringing such hate? It is a viable IP with a long staying power. Common sense move!

dfdf.png
Nicky Palton

Postby JG-77 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:47 pm

As a member of the 10-16 demographic within SFA’s main population centers, I can pretty confidently say that nobody I know would care if SFA added Fortnite to its park. In fact, I have seen a lot of people in that demographic starting to turn against Fortnite due to over-saturation online, and some of my friends may be even less likely to want to visit SFA if they added Fortnite.

Personally, I wouldn’t be very excited for If Fortnite was added.
1. El Toro :airtime: 2. El Toro :airtimer: 3. El Toro :airtime: 4. El Toro :airtimer: --- I'm not good at ranking...

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby 9Armgeddon4 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:15 pm

^ Agreed. I wouldn’t want anything Fortnite themed in my park either. That game is so overrated rated I’d much rather play GTA V(Online) the most profitable entertainment(and video game) in the world(seriously this is true) than it.

Postby Mike240SX » Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:22 pm

^ & ^^ Out of the mouths of babes.

DarkRideNick wrote:Nobody complained when Six Flags brought DC Comics to the parks and no one complained when Disney brought Star Wars to the park. Why is Fortnite coming to Six Flags bringing such hate?

You're seriously comparing a craze game that launched two years ago, if that, and will be dead within another 2, with DC Comics, owners of two of the most identifiable superheros in history, and Star Wars, which has spanned over 40 years and is basically a license to print money? Wow. Talk about out of touch.

DarkRideNick wrote: It is a viable IP with a long staying power.

No, it isn't. This is what you're missing. It may be "massively popular" right now (which I'd still argue against), but in 2-3 years no one will care.

DarkRideNick wrote:
dfdf.png

I have literally no idea what any of those names mean or what they're referencing.
-Mike
Total Coasters: 134
Top 10 Steel: Maverick, Skyrush, Intimidator 305, Banshee, Millennium Force, Raptor, Superman: The Ride (SFNE), Top Thrill Dragster, Big Bad Wolf, Volcano
Top 10 Wood: The Beast, El Toro, Phoenix (Knoebels), Boulder Dash, Thunderbolt (KW), Mystic Timbers, Comet (Hershey), Hercules, Shivering Timbers, Jack Rabbit (KW)
Top 5 Hybrid: Twisted Timbers, Goliath (SFGAm), Wicked Cyclone, Great White, Gemini

Postby DarkRideNick » Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:39 pm

9Armgeddon4 wrote:^ Agreed. I wouldn’t want anything Fortnite themed in my park either. That game is so overrated rated I’d much rather play GTA V(Online) the most profitable entertainment(and video game) in the world(seriously this is true) than it.

That may be profitable but it doesn't lend itself to theme park entertainment! Fortnite definitely does with it's bright colors and creative characters. It also netted a 3 billion dollar profit in 2018.

It's not a matter of opinion it really is just a matter of financial fact. Successful Fortnite plus Successful Six Flags equals Profitable Partnership for both!

Six Flags America is close to DC and Baltimore and both areas have a high concentration of Fortnite gamers. It would do better at our park here than in a market like Magic Mountain or Great Adventure where heavily themed attractions are more commonplace.
Nicky Palton

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!