Six Flags America (SFA) Discussion Thread

P. 831 - Harley Quinn Spinsanity Announced for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I ask dumb questions.

Re: Six Flags America (SFA) Discussion Thread

Postby djackson » Sat Aug 04, 2018 4:53 am

^ I politely disagree. I believe they are putting the skywarps in parks with minimal space and space is no issue at SFA.
My Home park is Six Flags America
Coaster Count: 80 (I'm getting there lol)
Top 10: 1.I305 2.S:TR 3.SkyRush 4.El Toro 5.Valravn 6.WindexCyanide 7.B:TR 8.KK 9. Mineblower 10. Volcano
Instagram:kvng_coasters
YouTube: Kvng Of Coasters

Did my donkey title just change???

Postby Sven20 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:26 am

djackson wrote:^ I politely disagree. I believe they are putting the skywarps in parks with minimal space and space is no issue at SFA.

Skywarps are going to be everywhere, it has nothing to do it with space. It's that they cost 2M and SF can call them a coaster. They will be the new superloop of the chain. With 3 variants hopefully SF mixes up the models.

The small indy parks should jump all over buyung Skywarps, as well as RMC Raptors. Getting both over a 3 or so year period would be a nice 1,2 for places like KK, HW, Compounce, etc..

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby JG-77 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 2:22 pm

Can anyone link me to this ride name survey? I haven’t gotten any surveys despite telling SF to send me all their notices they have.
1. El Toro :airtime: 2. El Toro :airtimer: 3. El Toro :airtime: 4. El Toro :airtimer: --- I'm not good at ranking...

I ask dumb questions.

Postby djackson » Sat Aug 04, 2018 3:09 pm

If you put your real age in that may be a factor because I don't get them either but here's the link:https://feedback.sixflags.com/advisorypanel/startsurvey.aspx?s=heroes&cid=%%cid%%&e=sjackson%40son.umaryland.edu&utm_source=surveyemails&utm_medium=email&utm_content=subscriber_id:&utm_campaign=2018-01%20Heroes%20and%20Villains%20Survey%20-%20Wave%209
Top 10: 1.I305 2.S:TR 3.SkyRush 4.El Toro 5.Valravn 6.WindexCyanide 7.B:TR 8.KK 9. Mineblower 10. Volcano

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby JG-77 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 3:18 pm

^Thanks! Interesting that they included Marvel characters, I wonder what they're trying to achieve with that since SF has never mad a marvel-character themed ride (to my knowledge). Plus, I'd assume that obtaining the rights to use a Marvel character would be pretty expensive.
1. El Toro :airtime: 2. El Toro :airtimer: 3. El Toro :airtime: 4. El Toro :airtimer: --- I'm not good at ranking...

I ask dumb questions.

Postby djackson » Sat Aug 04, 2018 3:21 pm

I don't think they're going to add one. I think it may have just been for the purpose of seeing which characters are more relevant.

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby Highridin » Sat Aug 04, 2018 3:25 pm

Which Marvel character did they add?
Top 3 steel: Skyrush, Twisted Timbers, I305
Top 3 wood: El Toro, Twister, Wild One

I ask dumb questions.

Postby djackson » Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:22 pm

^It was pretty much all of the Major ones give or take a few characters.

I took a brief visit to the park today and it was pretty crowded. It happened to be a company day for Lindsay automotive. To make maters worse Halfpipe, Zoomazon Falls, Bonzai Pipelines and the slides at the pool were all closed. The wave pool was also closed for an extended period of time due to someone getting sick. Around 5:30 a very weak storm rolled in and drove a decent portion of the crowd out of the park. This led to the dry park being much more manageable. Outside of atrocious single train ops on ROAR, everything was fine in the dry park.

BTW, the electric work seems to be done.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby alilstronger » Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:23 am

djackson wrote:^ I politely disagree. I believe they are putting the skywarps in parks with minimal space and space is no issue at SFA.

Who knows what the real thought process is in reality. Think about it... These are small flat rides that only have one train. The capacity is low. So these may do better at smaller parks like a Discovery Kingdom or America. Also, lets keep in mind the Skywarp added to Discovery Kingdom is one of the first in the USA. They may want to see if the public is even going to be interested. They may since its new.

Also, this park may have a lot of land but how much of that land is actually available for turning into midway? That is something that most of us do not know.
I may not know everything about coasters... what I do know is they are my life...
Home park: Six Flags America
Favorite park overall: All Walt Disney World Parks
Favorite Steels: Maverick, Millennium Force, Sky Rush, Talon, Poltergeist, I-305
Favorite Woodies: Iron Rattler, Phoenix, Roar, El Toro, Jack Rabbit, Thunderbolt, The Raven, The Legend
TPR Trips: Northeast 2011, LeviaTHON 2012

Nothing beats Cali coasters

Postby chickenbowl » Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:35 am

https://queue-times.com/parks/42/queue_times

Queue times is saying Batwing is operational. Can anybody confirm that it has reopened since being closed for a while?
Chasing Airtime
Steel Vengeance|Intimidator 305|Maverick|Hakugei|Skyrush
Lightning Rod|T Express|Outlaw Run|El Toro|Phoenix

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!