Switch to full style
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Post a reply

Re: Six Flags America (SFA) Discussion Thread

Tue May 22, 2018 8:07 pm

^ Well damn.

Do you recall which day of the week that was?

Wed May 23, 2018 7:25 am

The crowds seem to have gotten bigger and bigger with the past view seasons. A few times last year and the year before I went and the first lot was completely full, the second lot was completely full and they were working on the third lot that is down the hill way in the back. This is typical for Fright Fest I have noticed too.

Wed May 23, 2018 10:09 am

And don't forget ladies and gents . . . Hurricane Harbor opens this weekend, so I expect attendance to bump up a little

Wed May 23, 2018 10:34 am

On Memorial day weekend, is it just the waterpark that gets crowds or also the dry park?

Also which day of the week (sat, sun or mon) is the least crowded?

Wed May 23, 2018 5:26 pm

JG-77 wrote:On Memorial day weekend, is it just the waterpark that gets crowds or also the dry park?

Also which day of the week (sat, sun or mon) is the least crowded?

Usually Sundays tend to be the slowest non-holiday weekend day.Most times I've done so there's been relatively short lines or even walk-ons.

Wed May 23, 2018 6:10 pm

I guess my question boils down to this:
Is it worth going to SFA on memorial day weekend, or should I just wait until next week?
I only care about the dry park crowds (though I may go into the water park to take a peek at Wahoo river but not ride anything)

Wed May 23, 2018 6:15 pm

So if Darien Lake goes back to being a Six Flags are we no longer the worst one? :b

Wed May 23, 2018 6:19 pm

^ We never were the worst one *looks at la ronde*

Wed May 23, 2018 7:20 pm

JG-77 wrote:I guess my question boils down to this:
Is it worth going to SFA on memorial day weekend, or should I just wait until next week?
I only care about the dry park crowds (though I may go into the water park to take a peek at Wahoo river but not ride anything)

According to the newsletter, Wahoo will not be ready. Dry side will be good to go early on. Not including Batwing, no more than 10-15 minute waits. After about 4, you can hang it up. Some rides will be 25 minutes, plus.

Wed May 23, 2018 7:33 pm

If that's the case then it seems like I shouldn't have too much of an issue for memorial's day. Worst case scenario, we ride a few things and then return home and come back another day. That would be pretty annoying though, as SFA's about an hour drive each way for me.
Post a reply
MY LATEST VIDEOS