Six Flags America (SFA) Discussion Thread

P. 814 - Firebird Media Event Trip Report!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Six Flags America (SFA) Discussion Thread

Postby Philrad71 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:03 pm

Hahaha I was looking forward to watching this thread crash and burn. Better luck next year guys! :lol:

:nina:

And Donald Trump said he was going to make Mexico pay for the wall.

:nina:

Currently, H.H. is most consistently getting people through the gates at SFA and considering (as previously mentioned) how pathetic their current lazy river is, this upgrade is actually a great idea and makes me want to make the effort to hit up the water park in 2018.

Exactly. I am sure that they knew that going in...and after watching the video that Bill linked, it definitely looks like the shittiest lazy river that I have ever seen.

Personally, I love these types of lazy rivers. If I had one bitch, it would be that there is no float-up tiki bar where you could order a beer or drink while you lazily float around and just let all the cares in the world slip away.

There must be something in the air in Virginia and Maryland that makes the coaster lovers slightly crazy.

Have you visited the train wreck that is the Darien Lake thread? ;)
Last edited by Philrad71 on Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:09 pm.

I ask dumb questions.

Postby djackson » Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:06 pm

MisterBrow wrote:Good. Draw more people into the water park, I don't go in there. I can wait until next year for dry park addition.

Renew my pass? No brainer. They're still coasters in my backyard and I'll get up to Great Adventure at least once and the temptation of the other SF parks is always there once the pass is in hand.

Give me the new trains on Mind Eraser and I'm good. Put the Mexican place on the meal plan and I am happy. They are pouring piers in the arena which should mean that they plan on actually using it for something even if it's competitions of some kind. There are those markers that were discussed which should be minor tweaks to the park. That would have made for a better teaser video: The Grim Reaper getting off ME not holding his head, eating a burrito, watching a cheerleading competition, and standing under a shade structure.

Throw some flyers in there for Roar and you'll have the best addition to the park in the past few years.
My Home park is Six Flags America
Coaster Count: 80 (I'm getting there lol)
Top 10: 1.I305 2.S:TR 3.SkyRush 4.El Toro 5.Valravn 6.WindexCyanide 7.B:TR 8.KK 9. Mineblower 10. Volcano
Instagram:kvng_coasters
YouTube: Kvng Of Coasters

I ask dumb questions.

Postby djackson » Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:23 pm

Sorry for the double post but man would I hate to be SFA right now. They just recently posted the ride to Instagram and there isn't a single positive comment about the addition.
Top 10: 1.I305 2.S:TR 3.SkyRush 4.El Toro 5.Valravn 6.WindexCyanide 7.B:TR 8.KK 9. Mineblower 10. Volcano

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby Highridin » Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:29 pm

MisterBrow wrote:That would have made for a better teaser video: The Grim Reaper getting off ME not holding his head, eating a burrito, watching a cheerleading competition, and standing under a shade structure.

:nina: :nina:
Top 3 steel: Skyrush, Twisted Timbers, I305
Top 3 wood: El Toro, Twister, Wild One

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby Highridin » Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:38 pm

djackson wrote:Sorry for the double post but man would I hate to be SFA right now. They just recently posted the ride to Instagram and there isn't a single positive comment about the addition.

People got too hyped up with the teasers. Just like great trailers for a movie, then let down once you plop down the cash.

People will like it once it's here.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Philrad71 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:40 pm

djackson wrote:Sorry for the double post but man would I hate to be SFA right now. They just recently posted the ride to Instagram and there isn't a single positive comment about the addition.

That's because people are stupid.

And what does the addition posted on Instagram have to do with not wanting to be at the park right now? Are people currently rioting at the park because they're getting a lazy river?

I ask dumb questions.

Postby djackson » Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:03 pm

^ Not trying to ignore your post but...

If anyone wanted to know what that awesome song was that they've been playing on the teacups, it's this: https://soundcloud.com/yellowclaw/yellow-claw-grx-cesqeaux

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby Highridin » Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:44 pm

You know what would really fire them up? To find out that the Free Fly that went to GAdv was bought for SFA. The park president didn't want it for some reason (common, etc).

I ask dumb questions.

Postby djackson » Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:46 pm

Highridin wrote:

You know what would really fire them up? To find out that the Free Fly that went to GAdv was bought for SFA. The park president didn't want it for some reason (common, etc).

I'm getting kinda tired of the park president. This wouldn't be the first time SFA didn't get a ride that was bought for them. I can't help but think something like that happened this year.

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby MisterBrow » Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:59 pm

This must be what JETS fans feel like at the NFL draft.
Meister Brau just wants a path from CC to SM at SFA, meal plan burrito, some shade, and a restroom back there.

2019- Macho Nacho CHECK Restroom by Super CHECK!
New wish: New trains on ME

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!