Six Flags America (SFA) Discussion Thread

P. 831 - Harley Quinn Spinsanity Announced for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Re: Six Flags America (SFA) Discussion Thread

Postby UnderCoverDrummer1 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:24 am

I have to admit that like most enthusiasts I'm always disappointed when a new coaster is not destined for my home park, however I completely understand this addition. Currently, H.H. is most consistently getting people through the gates at SFA and considering (as previously mentioned) how pathetic their current lazy river is, this upgrade is actually a great idea and makes me want to make the effort to hit up the water park in 2018.

That being said the biggest problem holding this park back has absolutely nothing to do with it's line up of rides but lazy staff members, specifically in the food service sector. I've lost count of how many times I've had discussions with the GP about how atrociously slow and inefficient their food operations are, with no method of linking up orders with patrons which causes confusion on both the staff and patron ends alike. Additionally, they have no staff dedicated to refilling drink cups and employees are either not trained to ask those in line if they are only filling up drink cups to help move the line along and/or they are too lazy to do so.

Even separate of food service, during one of my visits earlier this season, one of the railings in the queue for Mind Eraser broke from someone sitting/leaning on it. I left the line to go notify staff in the station of the issue/safety hazard and they proceeded to do absolutely nothing. It wasn't until the metal tube (top of the railing) completely broke off and fell to the floor that they actually called maintenance staff to notify them.

This park could benefit tremendously from better training/oversight from management of their staff operations. I know that this isn't something you can really advertise, but a new push to have better trained and harder working staff would make me more excited for visits to SFA than most new ride additions.

Just my two cents. Now I shall retreat back into the shadows of lurking on the forums. :devil:

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby RollerManic » Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:26 am

Seeiously, they really needed this an the theming/interactive elements are just a huge bonus. Would be even cooler if they run it at a faster pace like Aquatica does (best lazy river I've been on).

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby Highridin » Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:57 am

As I stay in the waterpark, I like the addition, especially considering how bad the current river is. Wish something else had went with it, but can't have everything. This will be an instant hit. I'm looking forward to see what route it takes.

So glad no Spinsanity (SFSTL type). Would have been tremendously butthurt.

Here's hoping that the markers in Gotham are for a bathroom or trail.
Top 3 steel: Skyrush, Twisted Timbers, I305
Top 3 wood: El Toro, Twister, Wild One

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby alilstronger » Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:26 pm

I already planned on not renewing my season pass next year. I just got bored of going all the time in the summer.

I will be finally getting a Kings Dominion season pass next year since I have never been to Carowinds and with CF getting so much awesomeness next year.

I also meant to say this is such a NEEDED thing for the water park. The lazy river looks so pathetic currently and I can not wait to see this come to fruition.

I am just a little confused why they were pushing the grim reaper in Gotham City.
Last edited by alilstronger on Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:21 pm.
I may not know everything about coasters... what I do know is they are my life...
Home park: Six Flags America
Favorite park overall: All Walt Disney World Parks
Favorite Steels: Maverick, Millennium Force, Sky Rush, Talon, Poltergeist, I-305
Favorite Woodies: Iron Rattler, Phoenix, Roar, El Toro, Jack Rabbit, Thunderbolt, The Raven, The Legend
TPR Trips: Northeast 2011, LeviaTHON 2012

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby bgtlover » Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:53 pm

djackson wrote:To those of you getting rid of your season passes, think about it like this.
•We are actually getting something while Dorney and MIA will actually get nothing at all.

Dorney is gettin a nice new restaurant in Wildwater Kingdom...lol

djackson wrote:-La Ronde got a pretty decent sized expansion that looks to include one of the Tourbillon rides like Over Texas and Great Adventure

Their Tourbillon is a scrambler...
Coaster Count: 130
Top 10:

I ask dumb questions.

Postby djackson » Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:55 pm

bgtlover wrote:
djackson wrote:To those of you getting rid of your season passes, think about it like this.
•We are actually getting something while Dorney and MIA will actually get nothing at all.

Dorney is gettin a nice new restaurant in Wildwater Kingdom...lol

djackson wrote:-La Ronde got a pretty decent sized expansion that looks to include one of the Tourbillon rides like Over Texas and Great Adventure

Their Tourbillon is a scrambler...

SFA will probably get some type of restaraunt as well.

When I posted that the info was not clear as to what Tourbillon was going to be.
My Home park is Six Flags America
Coaster Count: 80 (I'm getting there lol)
Top 10: 1.I305 2.S:TR 3.SkyRush 4.El Toro 5.Valravn 6.WindexCyanide 7.B:TR 8.KK 9. Mineblower 10. Volcano
Instagram:kvng_coasters
YouTube: Kvng Of Coasters

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby alilstronger » Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:28 pm

coasterbill wrote:Upon further review, their existing lazy river is the most piss poor excuse for a lazy river in the history of lazy rivers. I never paid much attention before, but god damn, they REALLY needed this.

You walk down stairs to get in it which makes it tough for little kids to get in their tubes and really limits capacity on a ride where capacity should never be an issue, generally you enter a lazy river on a gradual slope (and you will on the new one). Then once you're in the river it's as plain looking as possible, it's incredibly short and there's absolutely nothing going on.

Seriously, this is terrible.

After seeing that, I'm totally on board with this addition. :lol:

Almost all lazy rivers I have ridden use steps. Schlitterbahn NB, Dorney, KD, etc.
I may not know everything about coasters... what I do know is they are my life...
Home park: Six Flags America
Favorite park overall: All Walt Disney World Parks
Favorite Steels: Maverick, Millennium Force, Sky Rush, Talon, Poltergeist, I-305
Favorite Woodies: Iron Rattler, Phoenix, Roar, El Toro, Jack Rabbit, Thunderbolt, The Raven, The Legend
TPR Trips: Northeast 2011, LeviaTHON 2012

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby SLCHeadache » Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:51 pm

djackson wrote:SFA will probably get some type of restaraunt as well.

Does Six Flags announce their new restaurants in advance?

alilstronger wrote:
coasterbill wrote:Upon further review, their existing lazy river is the most piss poor excuse for a lazy river in the history of lazy rivers. I never paid much attention before, but god damn, they REALLY needed this.

You walk down stairs to get in it which makes it tough for little kids to get in their tubes and really limits capacity on a ride where capacity should never be an issue, generally you enter a lazy river on a gradual slope (and you will on the new one). Then once you're in the river it's as plain looking as possible, it's incredibly short and there's absolutely nothing going on.

Seriously, this is terrible.

After seeing that, I'm totally on board with this addition. :lol:

Almost all lazy rivers I have ridden use steps. Schlitterbahn NB, Dorney, KD, etc.

Can't say I remember KD's entry steps being as narrow as SFA's.
Top steel: Millennium Force / Steel Vengeance / Intimidator 305 / Maverick / Fury 325
Top wood: El Toro / Phoenix / GhostRider / Renegade / Flying Turns

I ask dumb questions.

Postby djackson » Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:00 pm

SLCHeadache wrote:
djackson wrote:SFA will probably get some type of restaraunt as well.

Does Six Flags announce their new restaurants in advance?

Kickin Tsunami Chicken and Apocalypse tacos weren't announced in advance. The survey makers were most likely for something along the lines of a Restaurant or Bathroom.
My Home park is Six Flags America
Coaster Count: 80 (I'm getting there lol)
Top 10: 1.I305 2.S:TR 3.SkyRush 4.El Toro 5.Valravn 6.WindexCyanide 7.B:TR 8.KK 9. Mineblower 10. Volcano
Instagram:kvng_coasters
YouTube: Kvng Of Coasters

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby MisterBrow » Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:00 pm

Good. Draw more people into the water park, I don't go in there. I can wait until next year for dry park addition.

Renew my pass? No brainer. They're still coasters in my backyard and I'll get up to Great Adventure at least once and the temptation of the other SF parks is always there once the pass is in hand.

Give me the new trains on Mind Eraser and I'm good. Put the Mexican place on the meal plan and I am happy. They are pouring piers in the arena which should mean that they plan on actually using it for something even if it's competitions of some kind. There are those markers that were discussed which should be minor tweaks to the park. That would have made for a better teaser video: The Grim Reaper getting off ME not holding his head, eating a burrito, watching a cheerleading competition, and standing under a shade structure.
Meister Brau just wants a path from CC to SM at SFA, meal plan burrito, some shade, and a restroom back there.

2019- Macho Nacho CHECK Restroom by Super CHECK!
New wish: New trains on ME

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!