Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

P. 988: "Christmas in Hershey" 2018 offerings announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 10 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Re: Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

Postby njcoasterguy34 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:11 am

DILinator wrote:
njcoasterguy34 wrote:It would be a travesty if they were to do anything more than re-track Wildcat.

Travesty. I do not think it means what you think it means. :lol:

I look forward to the day they RMC Wildcat! Shouldn't have to wait too long now! ;)

I know exactly what it means. I just like Wildcat just as it is. I do not find it painfully rough in any way, shape, or form. It really annoys me when people want to RMC a wooden coaster the moment it starts getting a little bit rough.
Only one word describes Green Lantern: "OW!"

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:17 am

njcoasterguy34 wrote:the moment it starts getting a little bit rough.

We're talking about Wildcat right? That thing's been garbage for like 20 years.

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby michaellynn4 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:21 am

boldikus wrote:
DILinator wrote:
njcoasterguy34 wrote:It would be a travesty if they were to do anything more than re-track Wildcat.

:lol: :lol: :nina:

I'm one of the few, misguided, feeble-minded folks who actually kind of likes Wildcat, but I wouldn't lose a minute of sleep over it being removed in the future.
DFTBA: Don't Forget to be Awesome.
#1: Skyrush

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:27 am

njcoasterguy34 wrote: It really annoys me when people want to RMC a wooden coaster the moment it starts getting a little bit rough.

That actually has very little to do with why I think it should be RMC'd. I just think Hershey has a near-perfect line-up of coasters and if one of their (four) wooden coasters had to be RMC'd to create an even more perfect line-up, then let it be Wildcat. I don't think its as particularly bad as most enthusiasts think but I don't find all that much about it that is interesting or worth saving.

I could understand getting butthurt about anyone wanting Comet (or even Lightning Racer) RMC'd, but Wildcat is the perfect candidate for it.

Postby JT325 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:32 am

^I'm not the biggest RMC fan, but I would agree that RMC-ing Wildcat would give the park even more variety. But then again, I do remember how awesome Wildcat was in 1996/97. I just gave away a 1996 Hersheypark/Wildcat phonecard, that still had a couple dollars on it. If anyone remembers what a phone card was.
Cedar Point Frontier Lift 2020

Postby coasterbill » Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:33 am

Was it good in 97? My first ride on it was in 1999 and it was already a pile of hot garbage. :lol:

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby freejaffa » Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:36 am

njcoasterguy34 wrote:
DILinator wrote:

I look forward to the day they RMC Wildcat! Shouldn't have to wait too long now! ;)

I know exactly what it means. I just like Wildcat just as it is. I do not find it painfully rough in any way, shape, or form. It really annoys me when people want to RMC a wooden coaster the moment it starts getting a little bit rough.

My true home Park is Lake Compounce (LC) and I really like the LC Wild Cat (as in I don’t find it very rough and I sympathize ) there, but when it comes to Hershey the park has Comet and Lightning Racer( from the same manufacture as HP wildcat).

If HP Wild Cat was the only GCI we would all be outraged if they tried rmc-ing it. Lightning Racer is so similar that I would really prefer to see an RMC HP Wildcat.

Postby bert425 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:47 am

coasterbill wrote:
njcoasterguy34 wrote:the moment it starts getting a little bit rough.

We're talking about Wildcat right? That thing's been garbage for like 20 years.

A car with square wheels, going down a road full of potholes.

we'll be back at HP later this summer, and I will NOT be riding Wildcat ever again
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby Condor » Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:51 am

Hersheypark has a coaster lineup with few or no obvious holes. An RMC hybrid is the ideal niche to fill at the moment and Wildcat is the obvious candidate.

Plus, the park would have to set up a kiosk in Comet Hollow renting motorized scooters to all the enthusiasts complaining about bruised thighs if they had Skyrush and RMC Comet virtually right on top of each other.

Postby JT325 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:54 am

coasterbill wrote:Was it good in 97? My first ride on it was in 1999 and it was already a pile of hot garbage. :lol:

Yeah, still a big deal and still "wild-N-smooth" in 97. I loved that ride. My next ride was years later and it wasn't the same. I skipped the GCI trains version a couple years ago. So much to do at that park!
Cedar Point Frontier Lift 2020

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!