Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

P. 988: "Christmas in Hershey" 2018 offerings announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Re: Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

Postby freejaffa » Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:01 pm

Dose anyone else feel like they may end up with a Zoo relocation for 2020?

Hershey PR said previously that the project would be something not everyone would like.

Zoo of America is very 80’s in its set up and looks a bit to much like a chain link fence prison.

If anyone more familiar with the situation please let me know why I am hopefully wrong.

I’m still hoping for a Intamin lsm but I would think the Skyrush restraints preclude any future Intamin project, Oh well I guess we’ll have to get an RMC wildcat instead. ;)

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby njcoasterguy34 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:26 am

It would be a travesty if they were to do anything more than re-track Wildcat.
Only one word describes Green Lantern: "OW!"

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby DILinator » Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:21 am

njcoasterguy34 wrote:It would be a travesty if they were to do anything more than re-track Wildcat.

Travesty. I do not think it means what you think it means. :lol:

I look forward to the day they RMC Wildcat! Shouldn't have to wait too long now! ;)

Top 10 Coasters! 1.Steel Vengeance 2.Fury 3.Millennium Force 4.Maverick 5.Twisted Timbers 6.The Voyage 7. Lightning Rod 8.Storm Chaser 9.El Toro 10.Phantom's Revenge Honorable Mentions: Ravine Flyer II Shivering Timbers, Kraken Mako Underrated Coasters: Steel - Manta, Wood - White Lightning

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:01 am

I hope that they can accommodate for losing that floodway. Doesn't the area already deal with major flooding on a regular basis anyway? Hopefully it doesn't make it worse...
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby Genx24 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:38 am

Intriguing news. The park's entrance plaza did feel a bit cramped when I last visited, so if nothing else at least they are working to improve that. But if they're expanding by that many acres, one would have to presume new attractions are in the pipeline.
Total Coasters: 140

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby bert425 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:51 am

DILinator wrote:
njcoasterguy34 wrote:
I look forward to the day they RMC Wildcat! Shouldn't have to wait too long now! ;)

if that means "Reduce to Metal and Cedar" ?

RMC away, I'm all for it!
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Postby Ed Farmer » Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:57 am

^ I like Wildcat as is, but I'd be fine, just fine with that.
We Are Come To Outlive Our Brains

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:15 am

DILinator wrote:
njcoasterguy34 wrote:It would be a travesty if they were to do anything more than re-track Wildcat.

Travesty. I do not think it means what you think it means. :lol:

:lol: :lol: :nina:

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby alilstronger » Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:17 am

Genx24 wrote:Intriguing news. The park's entrance plaza did feel a bit cramped when I last visited, so if nothing else at least they are working to improve that. But if they're expanding by that many acres, one would have to presume new attractions are in the pipeline.

I totally agree with you. The entrance is very small and cramped for the large crowds that gather there before opening. I am excited to see what they do with it.

freejaffa wrote:Dose anyone else feel like they may end up with a Zoo relocation for 2020?

Hershey PR said previously that the project would be something not everyone would like.

Zoo of America is very 80’s in its set up and looks a bit to much like a chain link fence prison.

If anyone more familiar with the situation please let me know why I am hopefully wrong.

I’m still hoping for a Intamin lsm but I would think the Skyrush restraints preclude any future Intamin project, Oh well I guess we’ll have to get an RMC wildcat instead. ;)

I think the zoo here looks great. It looks a lot better then some other zoos I have been to. All of the habitats are always clean and the animals are always out and never look sick or anything. I do not think it looks like a "chain link fence prison" at all. Sure there is fence use but most zoos use some sort of fencing in some capacity.

On the flip side I do think more should be done to prevent the flooding the takes place. Perhaps, moving to another location where it can still be attached to the park. I always look forward to walking around the zoo after I eat to allow my food to settle a little bit.
I may not know everything about coasters... what I do know is they are my life...
Home park: Six Flags America
Favorite park overall: All Walt Disney World Parks
Favorite Steels: Maverick, Millennium Force, Sky Rush, Talon, Poltergeist, I-305
Favorite Woodies: Iron Rattler, Phoenix, Roar, El Toro, Jack Rabbit, Thunderbolt, The Raven, The Legend
TPR Trips: Northeast 2011, LeviaTHON 2012

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby CoasterLover » Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:38 am

freejaffa wrote:Dose anyone else feel like they may end up with a Zoo relocation for 2020?

That's an interesting thought... the new plot of land is about 1.87 million sq ft of new land where as Zoo America is currently only amount 0.29 million sq f so there is certainly plenty of room to relocate and expand. However, if the new land was to be used only for Zoo America, I don't think they would have gone through the efforts to move the road (you already have to cross a road to get into the current zoo) and then if you did move the zoo, what would happen with the old plot the zoo is currently on? You still have the issue that the plot is separated from the rest of the park by a road.

I feel that the new plot of land will really make for an awkward expansion of the current park. I feel like the smart move would have been to make this change 15 years ago and use this plot to build the water park, but with the current water park as developed as it currently is, I don't see them moving the water park to this plot anytime in the next several decades (if ever). I personally feel like the best option would be to use this plot to aid in the relocation of some current features (the Hersheypark Stadium, Parking, backstage facilities, etc) to allow them to expand the current park to the west of Wildcat and Fahrenheit. You probably couldn't build the stadium specifically in this area, but you could build the stadium in the current parking lot (much closer to Giant Center) then use the new plot for the displaced parking.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!