SeaWorld Orlando (SWO) Discussion Thread

P. 645 - A report from SeaWorld's re-opening
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 7 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Challenge me at Donkey Kong...I dare ya!

Re: SeaWorld Orlando (SWO) Discussion Thread

Postby KarlaKoaster » Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:07 am

Behind the Thrills has posted what appears to be a lien filed against Seaworld by Bolliger & Mabillard which seems to endorse the theory that a Surf Coaster is on its way at some point:

AF747207-896B-42EB-AF89-E496331F4D27-1024x476.png

So far we know B&M have trademarked the name 'Surf Coaster' and that Seaworld Orlando received a shipment of parts labelled 'SF-A' (Surf Coaster 1). So far enthusiasts have been speculating on this being a new stand up coaster (and there was a pretty bad fake 'blueprint' circulating around), but I've always backed the idea that it could be B&M's take on the Blitz Coaster, and the lien mentions that this is a launched coaster.

All these little clues seem to be giving credibility to the idea that we'll be seeing a new B&M product soon, although coronavirus could have the final word I suppose.

I wish they would make Street Fighter Donkey.

Postby TBpony414 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:21 am

robbalvey wrote:...That park should NOT have been allowed to open or continue to operate if they are not going to do the things they said they were going to do in order to be allowed to re-open.

We plan on going back next week. We'll see what it is like then.

Hey Robb I was wondering if you guys ended up revisiting SWO and if so, how did it go? Hopefully it wasn't disaster day #2 but after your last report I wouldn't be surprised.

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:43 am

^We haven't yet. We heard things have gotten *slightly* better and will try to check it out again towards the end of the month.

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:48 pm

KarlaKoaster wrote:All these little clues seem to be giving credibility to the idea that we'll be seeing a new B&M product soon, although coronavirus could have the final word I suppose.

There's also the possibility that whatever B&M ended up designing / manufacturing for SeaWorld Orlando could end up somewhere else.
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Follow me on Instagram for perfectly adequate theme park photos!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

I wish they would make Street Fighter Donkey.

Postby TBpony414 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:49 am

SharkTums wrote:^We haven't yet. We heard things have gotten *slightly* better and will try to check it out again towards the end of the month.

Thanks Elissa. Looking forward to a hopefully positive update! I love all your reports and got a good chuckle out of your Universal video. For those of us who cannot attend parks this year it's great to live vicariously through the posts here!

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:21 am

^We should have some more updates over the next two weeks if parks stay open here!

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:03 pm

SharkTums wrote:^We should have some more updates over the next two weeks if parks stay open here!

Based on our government's recent track record, I think they will.
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Follow me on Instagram for perfectly adequate theme park photos!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

Now with Extra Retarded Flavor

Postby Guy T. Koepp » Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:06 pm

^^I was just gonna say the same thing. What is going on down there? Florida feels like a shite' show right now. Jarett is getting daily notifications from his college about the likelyhood or lack-there-of, for a fall semester at the actual school. They desperately want to have classes, but the state is making it as hard as possible to do so. And by hard as possible, I mean doing pretty much nothing to help stop the crazy spread down there in America's penis.

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:34 pm

^Honestly, it's really not as bad as people seem to be making it out to be. I get that De Santis is a horrible lying human, but the scary thing is that he's right about *some* of the stuff he's saying about the virus. A ton of people have it, but much less are dying from it now and so many people are completely asymptomatic. Basically it comes down to the fact that we never had the virus here back in March - May when NY and other states were getting hit hard, now we have it and we're going through the same numbers and spikes and spread that they did but now we know how to treat it better so we're having less serious cases and deaths. The parks have not had any traceable cases. The majority of the cases that they're tracing (which is about 1% because we have no real tracing in this country) are from bars, clubs, gyms, social indoor get togethers. Our big problem (along with most states) is that it's taking over one week to get test results back so in that week these asymptomatic people are spreading it around exponentially. Our central Florida hospitals are predicting that we will peak at the end of the month due to so many cases and then start declining. KT is supposed to start school four weeks from today and no one sees that happening in person (sorry Betsy DeVos you stupid idiot!).

And let's end the virus talk there and keep this back on track for Sea World!

Guy, feel free to message me anytime if you'd like to discuss more! Remember, I'm from Sarasota so I know all about what's going on there and with Jarett's school!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:32 am

SharkTums wrote:And let's end the virus talk there and keep this back on track for Sea World!

If you insist...

Money saving tip: It's $5 to feed the Sea Lions at Sea World but you can now feed the gators for free!

-Facebook
Last edited by coasterbill on Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:33 am.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!