SeaWorld Orlando (SWO) Discussion Thread

P. 641: Scheduled to Reopen June 11
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 5 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: SeaWorld Orlando (SWO) Discussion Thread

Postby Canobie Coaster » Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:20 am

This is unbelievable that the SeaWorld/Busch parks could all get new coasters again in 2021, but I'm certainly not complaining!

Between Busch Gardens Tampa and SeaWorld Orlando, they have most of the B&M catalog covered except for a stand-up and a wing coaster. If the wing coaster is true, it'll be a nice fit to compliment the area's other rides.
Top 3 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland)
Top 3 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce
Most Recent Trip Reports- Belmont Park & Six Flags Discovery Kingdom

Postby coasterbill » Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:50 am

BintamiM wrote:There big 3 b&m almost never have a line whereas the other rides always do (except wild arctic)

The other rides are water rides in Florida and a ride that breaks down constantly, seems to have a pretty low capacity and the entire family can ride it. You also have to ride the ride in order to see penguins. If you weren't forced to ride that thing to see the penguins then nobody would ride it ever. :lol:

I can see why the high capacity B&M coasters have shorter lines.
Last edited by coasterbill on Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:50 am.

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby sfkk » Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:47 am

^ you aren’t forced to ride it anymore. They now have a walk-through only line at the entrance. I think a lot of people are first time riders though and don’t know that the attraction isn’t worth the wait.

Postby coasterbill » Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:57 am

Yeah but you still have to stand in line and watch all of the pre-shows (which you may need to wait a few cycles for) and usually the posted wait time for that is close enough to the ride that people opt to just ride it. I was thinking more along the lines of Wild Arctic where you could just walk straight up the exit.

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:38 pm

coasterbill wrote:Yeah but you still have to stand in line and watch all of the pre-shows (which you may need to wait a few cycles for) and usually the posted wait time for that is close enough to the ride that people opt to just ride it.

At least all the times I've gone to see Antarctica, the wait for non-riders has been significantly less compared to that of the riders.
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Follow me on Instagram for perfectly adequate theme park photos!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby anonymouscactus » Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:39 pm

I don't know the actual science behind it, or if it still applies, or if it was actually true, but originally when the ride first opened we always had to make everyone go through the line and preshows for the 10 minutes or whatever to help get the moisture off of everyone as to not affect the A/C units, or freeze them up, or whatever. And in turn, the safety of the animals.

That being said, i'd be curious to see what the relative humidity is in the exhibit area and if it's really as "dry" as it supposedly needs to be. I'm guessing it wouldn't matter on any normal Florida day, but I could see maybe if everyone came in soaking wet without going through preshow making it actually matter? Employees went into the exhibit without issue, so, who knows.

The preshow rooms definitely sucks moisture out with giant units, but requiring it for guests is up in the air in my opinion if it's really just for traffic flow or if it could actually affect the exhibit or not. Or if it's one of those "better safe than sorry" things so that just kept with it. Again, I'm not an HVAC guy :-p

Take that as you will. Honestly I think it's just for traffic flow reasons to not let people through the exit, but there may be more to it.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby jschmitty » Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:50 am

Does Icebreaker have any theming? Looks like it’s randomly placed somewhere like scream at six flags magic mountain.
Gwazi means Tiger head on Lion body in Swahili language, so here's Crocodile themed trains.
-Busch Gardens, Tampa

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:20 pm

^ They're gonna give out chewing gum in the queue.

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby anonymouscactus » Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:16 pm

Boldikus is right!

Remember the renderings from when it was first announced? Welcome to the archive:

Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Postby TurnOfTheCentury » Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:42 am

Finally made it SeaWorld Orlando for the first time.
I really enjoyed the park: thought it was clean, well-themed, and pretty well run for a not-too-crowded-Thursday.
Good set of B&M coasters:

(1) Manta: thought it was pretty to look out, very well-themed, and probably the best flyer I have been on-- but my only comparisons on the Supermans. the Chinese one(s)? look amazing. I still maintain the pretzel loops are the most insane and possibly most intense elements I have been on, and I am always curious why they don't have a two on these longer rides - one to start and one closer to the end (I know u need more momentum/ height to make it work so it might be closer to the middle).

(2) Kraken: surprisingly fun (for me -- I'm usually not a B&M inversion fest super fan). Love the trenches -- I presume they had water in them at some point? That would have been awesome. Good snappy inversions and great, intense final tunnel dive at the end. Change the restraints and I would ride it even more.

(3) Mako: Really loved it. B&M is FINALLY getting comfortable with negative-G airtime. For me, it was a back seat ride, especially because of the first drop air and the third drop. But any seat was good. The attendants kept smashing down the lap bar unfortunately, but I really think this is the best B&M hyper I have been on (but I haven't been on Fury..... or any giga of theirs - just Raging Bull, Apollo and Nitro).

Overall, great park. And, yes Ice breaker seemed to be in the middle of nowhere, but that might be the point. As they phase out the killer whale water shows, the part of the park is ripe for expansion of rides.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!