SeaWorld Orlando (SWO) Discussion Thread

P. 628: Ice Breaker launched coaster for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 7 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: SeaWorld Orlando (SWO) Discussion Thread

Postby Canobie Coaster » Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:43 am

^That sums up the experience of boarding those perfectly.

A.J. wrote:Forgive me for playing the good guy here, but I'm honestly not sure I'd be comfortable with that, especially if it meant separating a group. I've never been the kind of person to flaunt their passholder status (unlike those silly people that actually wear their Six Flags Diamond Elite Member lanyards).

I'm so glad Six Flags disallowed the Platinum Pass double rides since it's so awkward to just stay on the train like that. I did it once on Kingda Ka and felt way too guilty to do it again.

I'd love for SeaWorld to remove that benefit as well, especially since most don't know about it. If anything, I'd prefer them to replace it with a one time Quick Queue in the mold of the perk Six Flags gives members.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland), Phoenix, Boulder Dash
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Schwur des Karnan
Most Recent Trip Reports- Funtown U.S.A. & Palace Playland

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby VegasBaby » Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:44 am

Canobie Coaster wrote:I'm so glad Six Flags disallowed the Platinum Pass double rides since it's so awkward to just stay on the train like that. I did it once on Kingda Ka and felt way too guilty to do it again.

I'd love for SeaWorld to remove that benefit as well, especially since most don't know about it. If anything, I'd prefer them to replace it with a one time Quick Queue in the mold of the perk Six Flags gives members.

Agreed, I did it a few times when I got Platinum Flash Passes but I always felt super awkward about it. I'm glad that SF doesn't offer that as part of the Platinum Flash Pass anymore.
Coaster Count: 220 Last Coaster: Red Force
Top Ten: 1) Superman The Ride 2) Millennium Force 3) X2 4) Skyrush 5) El Toro 6) Twisted Colossus 7) Maverick 8) Shambhala 9) Lightning Rod 10) Mako

Harry Potter is a sick donkey.

Postby Waltrane » Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:44 am

Definitely looks like a Dive coaster to me. I want it to have penguin shaped cars though.
[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/d07a25bf830f44bab60863e8d0fa0958.jpg[/img][/url]

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:35 am

I doubt we'll get a full fledged dive coaster in Orlando... I'd imagine that SeaWorld will try to go for something more unique to Central Florida, but also compact for the area of the park where this is rumored to go. My money is on some kind of shuttle coaster with switch tracks to all for full circuit operations...

Honestly, I'm more interested to see what they do with the surrounding area (Wild Arctic and Mango Joe's) and if they integrate those into this new coaster's theme in some way.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Uberbluedragon » Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:10 pm

People are say that Premier hasn't done a sliding track switch well that is not totally true cause they have the tech cause the mr. Freeze blast coasters have sliding switchs move the trains from one side to the launch section. Also I think one of the skyrocket 2 have a sliding station.

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:26 am

Premier has done several sliding stations over the years (Mr. Freeze is a good example, as you mentioned)... Most recently, Zombie Ride at Bosque Magico opened with a sliding station.

Even if a manufacturer hasn't fabricated an element before, it doesn't mean that they couldn't. Often during the Request for Proposal phase in a park's search for a new coaster, if the park knows what they intend to offer and is seeking manufacturers to build it, the manufacturer's ability to deliver upon desired design is what wins the contract. Regardless of who ends up creating this new coaster for SeaWorld, you can bet that if SeaWorld decided they wanted a sliding station, that they wouldn't sign with a manufacturer that couldn't deliver one.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:39 am

Last night TPR was invited to attend a kick-off event for this year's Electric Ocean at SeaWorld Orlando! Electric Ocean is the park's Summer event featuring special food and decor along with several evening versions of the animal shows they offer throughout the day. These special entertainment offerings are not just the normal daytime shows with nighttime lighting, but totally different experiences with unique stories, music and animal behaviors (plus a bit of what you love from each of the normal shows).

The event is incredibly well organized in that the shows are presented in a logical order and timed in a way that allows you to have ample time to grab a seat at each theater, catch the show and move (with time to spare) between venues to catch the next show. By the end of the evening you will have been able to experience up to four special shows, plus enjoyed the park's many attractions, special food booths and a glowing atmosphere that transforms sections of the park in a unique way.

There's a great repeatability to Electric Ocean thanks to the added variety of entertainment, culinary options and club atmosphere. New this year to the event is Club R&R, a lounge environment set up in the Nautilus Theater. The venue has a more chill feel compared to Club Sea Glow, offering a more relaxed place to grab a drink set to a fun beat.

Electric Ocean runs on select nights from May 24th through September 1st, so be sure to check out the park this Summer to experience all that the event has to offer!
IMG_7169.jpg
Tonight we’re at SeaWorld Orlando to experience an evening of unique offerings at Electric Ocean!
IMG_7170.jpg
Don’t forget that this Summer you can enjoy free beer at SeaWorld Orlando!
IMG_7143.jpeg
We’re sampling some of the fantastic culinary options available at Electric Ocean... Starting with fresh Mini Donuts!
IMG_7174.jpg
Seriously folks, these are the best.
IMG_7140.jpeg
BBQ Sundaes in mason jars and they are delicious!
IMG_7148.jpeg
The Fried Mac & Cheese Bites are delicious!
IMG_7166.jpg
Freshly made gyros are available during the event as well!
IMG_7185.jpeg
Time to experience some of the special Electric Ocean entertainment found during the event at SeaWorld Orlando!
IMG_7186.jpeg
Touch the Sky is a special Electric Ocean exclusive show at Dolphin Theater offered in additional the regular Dolphin Days show that runs during the day!
IMG_7440.JPG
Touch the Sky is a great way to kick off an evening of Electric Ocean fun at SeaWorld Orlando!
IMG_7221.jpeg
The Electric Ocean shows are presented in an order that allows guests to experience each one without having to choose, moving in a coordinated order from venue to venue ending at Bayside Stadium for Club Sea Glow and Ignite at the end of the night.
IMG_7446.jpeg
The SeaWorld Mime has returned to SeaWorld Orlando for Sea Lions Tonite at Electric Ocean! It is great to see this classic character brought back for this special event!
IMG_7537.jpeg
Sea Lions Tonite parodies all of the daytime shows offered at SeaWorld Orlando! This show is one of several entertainment offerings exclusive to Electric Ocean!
IMG_7559.jpeg
They even poke fun at a few attractions!
IMG_7658.jpeg
They have their own take on the Shamu show too!
IMG_7684.jpeg
"You'll get this joke later tonight!"
IMG_7726.jpeg
I've always appreciated that each year Sea Lions Tonite is updated with content as it relates to the current experiences at SeaWorld Orlando.
IMG_7757.jpeg
Club R&R is a new addition to ElectricOcean! Guests can enjoy a lounge atmosphere while grabbing a drink in the Nautilus Theater! Roughly every 20 minutes, a "moment" happens with lighting, bubbles, snow and more!
IMG_7731.jpeg
Mako is available to enjoy throughout the evening!
IMG_7754.jpeg
Don't miss out on the chance to get some delicious frozen drinks at Club R&R!
IMG_7813.jpeg
Infinity Falls thrills Electric Ocean guests into the evening!
IMG_7831.jpeg
New recycled goods artwork has debuted at the park!
IMG_7833.jpeg
Construction has begun on the 2020 coaster over near Mango Joe's and Wild Arctic...
IMG_7838.jpeg
Though it is just getting started.
IMG_7853.jpeg
As the sun sets and Electric Ocean ramps up at SeaWorld Orlando guests can continue to enjoy the park’s fantastic coasters!
IMG_7868.JPG
The SeaWorld Orlando Electric Ocean fun continues as we wait for Shamu’s Celebration: Light Up The Night to begin!
IMG_7912.jpeg
Shamu’s Celebration: Light Up The Night is a high-energy, Electric Ocean take on the traditional Shamu show!
IMG_8012.jpeg
This will never cease to amaze.
IMG_8030.jpeg
It wouldn’t be a Shamu show without the audience getting soaked in the Splash Zone!
IMG_7995.jpeg
Always a highlight of Electric Ocean!
IMG_8072.jpeg
Club Sea Glow serves as a dance club pre-show experience for Ignite, the Electric Ocean finale fireworks spectacular at SeaWorld Orlando!
IMG_8165.jpeg
Throughout the evening at Club Sea Glow, variety performers will put on mini-shows interspersed with guests being able to dance at the club.
IMG_8320.JPG
Extreme Beam performs a laser-bending show at Club Sea Glow!
IMG_8882.jpg
The Electric Ocean festival path near Club Sea Glow has some neat decor!
IMG_8399.jpeg
Ignite caps off the evening with no shortage of fireworks!
IMG_8754.jpeg
I'm pretty sure they call this show Ignite, mostly due to the amount of pure FIRE they blast during the show!
IMG_8879.JPG
With fire, lasers, water and fireworks, Ignite is the perfect finale for Electric Ocean at SeaWorld Orlando!
IMG_8066.jpeg
Thanks to SeaWorld Orlando for hosting us for another wonderful kickoff to a new season of Electric Ocean! This is one of the best ways to experience SeaWorld Orlando and a great reason to return if you're looking to experience different entertainment than you normally find in the park throughout the year! The event runs on select nights from May 24th through September 1st, so there's plenty of time to come out to the park to enjoy it all for yourself!

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:27 am

That looks awesome! Glad to see Sea World getting into the after-hours parties as well.

Postby bert425 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:07 pm

I want to try these SO bad.

and I despise coleslaw, but I'll bet it's fantastic when eaten in this form, so you get just a taste of it when digging in.

the mac & cheese bites look like wonderful deep fried goodness as well (and so do the mini-donuts, tho I'm not typically a super sweet fan).

great coverage of what looks like an event that's a nice addition to evening options in Orlando.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:34 am

ytterbiumanalyst wrote:That looks awesome! Glad to see Sea World getting into the after-hours parties as well.

It is definitely a great addition to the evening landscape in Central Florida... And the best part is, it is included in park admission for the day, so you can enjoy the park's normal offerings throughout the day and then cap it off with Electric Ocean!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!