SeaWorld Orlando (SWO) Discussion Thread

P. 628: Ice Breaker launched coaster for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Too Slow For Comfort

Re: SeaWorld Orlando (SWO) Discussion Thread

Postby Too Fast For Comfort » Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:21 am

bgtlover wrote:
Too Fast For Comfort wrote:Was at SWO yesterday. Its pretty awesome how much of a commitment that SeaWorld/Busch have to letting people drink and enjoy themselves. Silver and up passholders get a free craft beer with every trip to SWO in January now. However, I was pretty disturbed to see Mako at single train ops. What should have been a walk-on was more or less a 20 minute wait. I didn't even stick around for when the crowds really piled up.

Anybody know if this is just temporary for Mako?

Wind played a factor in that. I know the ride was closed 2-3 hours due to it. They likely decided one train was all that was needed. They do however only start with one train most days and add on later when the line gets to 30+ min (in my experience). So if the line was only 20 minutes, they weren't adding another train.

I've been there a lot, and have never seen it below two trains, even when its a walk-on. That's one of the things I usually like about the park. I don't know how you can say that a ride "doesn't need it." When its a walk-on with two trains, but a 25 minute wait with one train, I'd say that yes, it NEEDS it. You only don't "need" two trains when it would be a walk-on with one train.

The coaster was designed for three trains. Going down to one is unacceptable.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:52 am

I mean... you only waited 25 minutes. Write your congressman. I’ve waited that long when Mako was running one train also and I can confirm that I did not die.

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby grsupercity » Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:48 am

I went to seaworld on April 30th 2018. The place was dead. All 3 coasters were running ONE train. And even though everything was one train we never waited more then 5 minutes for anything. It was great. I would rather have a slow day with 1 train ops then a crazy busy day where it needs to be running 3 trains and is still a 45 minute wait. .02
After riding Lightning Run I can not understand why parks are not lining up to buy some Hyper GTX models. That little ride rocks

Too Slow For Comfort

Postby Too Fast For Comfort » Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:03 am

grsupercity wrote:I went to seaworld on April 30th 2018. The place was dead. All 3 coasters were running ONE train. And even though everything was one train we never waited more then 5 minutes for anything. It was great. I would rather have a slow day with 1 train ops then a crazy busy day where it needs to be running 3 trains and is still a 45 minute wait. .02

I understand that maintenance becomes an issue and parks do what they can. I just like to see parks doing their due diligence and giving a good faith effort to keep lines as short as possible. Short lines has traditionally been SWO's big appeal to me in the past. I just hope that the single train ops doesn't become a habit. Its the first time I've ever seen it at SWO.

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby bgtlover » Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:11 pm

They've had 1 train ops on slow forecast days for some time. It's been like that. The last time I went on a weekend day...they opened with one train. Thought it odd since it was a weekend, but I only got one ride (waited about 15 -20 minutes) as I had other things to do. I believe they put another train on later, but I had family that joined us after lunch who wanted to do the shows so I didn't get back later on. Yes it would be nice for them to always start with 2, but they are looking at it as saving on unnecessary maintenance.
Coaster Count: 130
Top 10:

Too Slow For Comfort

Postby Too Fast For Comfort » Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:26 am

bgtlover wrote:They've had 1 train ops on slow forecast days for some time. It's been like that. The last time I went on a weekend day...they opened with one train. Thought it odd since it was a weekend, but I only got one ride (waited about 15 -20 minutes) as I had other things to do. I believe they put another train on later, but I had family that joined us after lunch who wanted to do the shows so I didn't get back later on. Yes it would be nice for them to always start with 2, but they are looking at it as saving on unnecessary maintenance.

I'm just trying out to figure out the game plan. If the plan going forward is going to be to wait to put the second train on, it might make sense to prioritize other rides first, and come back to Mako later. My gameplan there has been to squeak out 2-3 rides on Manta rope drop (first walk-on and the rest I have to wait for) do the penguin ride, do the river rapids ride, and then clean up on Mako before getting to Kraken and Atlantis. Now I might put Mako on the backburner if its going to start out at 1 train ops. Mako is really a coaster that deserves 5-10 laps in a row walk-ons. Its so smooth and fun that I never get sick of it. But its not quite gripping and thrilling enough to warrant 30+ minutes for when I've been on it over 40 times.

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:46 am

Too Fast For Comfort wrote:However, I was pretty disturbed to see Mako at single train ops.

Too Fast For Comfort wrote:The coaster was designed for three trains. Going down to one is unacceptable.

Too Fast For Comfort wrote:Mako is really a coaster that deserves 5-10 laps in a row walk-ons.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Obvious troll is obvious?

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:55 am

Too Fast For Comfort wrote:
bgtlover wrote:They've had 1 train ops on slow forecast days for some time. It's been like that. The last time I went on a weekend day...they opened with one train. Thought it odd since it was a weekend, but I only got one ride (waited about 15 -20 minutes) as I had other things to do. I believe they put another train on later, but I had family that joined us after lunch who wanted to do the shows so I didn't get back later on. Yes it would be nice for them to always start with 2, but they are looking at it as saving on unnecessary maintenance.

I'm just trying out to figure out the game plan. If the plan going forward is going to be to wait to put the second train on, it might make sense to prioritize other rides first, and come back to Mako later. My gameplan there has been to squeak out 2-3 rides on Manta rope drop (first walk-on and the rest I have to wait for) do the penguin ride, do the river rapids ride, and then clean up on Mako before getting to Kraken and Atlantis. Now I might put Mako on the backburner if its going to start out at 1 train ops. Mako is really a coaster that deserves 5-10 laps in a row walk-ons. Its so smooth and fun that I never get sick of it. But its not quite gripping and thrilling enough to warrant 30+ minutes for when I've been on it over 40 times.

Rope drop Turtle Trek.

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby bgtlover » Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:19 pm

The first round of concerts have been released for the Seven Seas Food Festival! I must say they are better than past years (at least recently). They offer a lot more variety as well.

Live Concerts at Seven Seas Food Festival @ SeaWorld Orlando

SW7SeasCOncerts1.jpg

Also there are 3-tiers of Reserved Seating available this year (General Seating is included with park admission on a first-come first-served basis):
SW7seasReserved Seating.jpg

Seating Chart:
SW7SeasSeatingchart.JPG
Coaster Count: 130
Top 10:

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby Satans Hockey » Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:31 am

I love the seven seas festival, I would love to go every year but it's just hard to get down there for me during that time frame. Concert lineup looks like it could definitely bring in some new people to the park as well.

Do platinum pass holders receive any discounts on the concerts?

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!