SeaWorld Orlando (SWO) Discussion Thread

P. 628: Ice Breaker launched coaster for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Re: SeaWorld Orlando (SWO) Discussion Thread

Postby Cyrbuzz » Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:35 pm

Seems to me all the hoopla generated by this movie only made the turnstiles spin that much more. At the end of the day these activists only hurt their own cause.

You're going to need a bigger Donkey

Postby Diamondbacker27 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:58 pm

Gnome wrote:^ I think feral children are perfect examples of this.
image.jpg
Wood-22
Steel- 84
Total- 106

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby Spideyfreak » Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:07 pm

^He's right. Watch "Secret of the Wild Child" from NOVA. It's basic sociology.

If the donkey is rockin, don't come knockin!

Postby Invertalon » Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:45 pm

Some photos from my visit to the park last week: https://www.flickr.com/photos/invertalon/sets/72157642512866765/

Had a great time.... Crowds were light and the B&M's were running amazing. Manta just keeps ranking higher and higher in my books. I much prefer it to Tatsu and any of the SUF clones (naturally).

Park was clean, employees friendly... Great visit all around. Well worth the $50 ticket promo going on which was awesome.
-Steve

This button makes my penis erect.

Postby DJeXeL » Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:02 pm

^Thanks for sharing. I particularly like this photo.

- Insane In The Lift Chain -

"You shut your mouth when you talk to me"

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby aCoasterStory » Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:06 am

ImageImage[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/fe4eae113273e4d0a98298b9baf940f3.jpg[/img][/url][url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/c4cf17bf527e6833157bf159cfe53ac7.jpg[/img][/url]

"CACTUS SHARP!!"

Postby COASTER FREAK 11 » Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:11 am

LOL!! How can you even read let alone trust an article when it has lines written like this :Pr :p

"...completely sanitize the entire room several times a day with a harsh compound comprised of abrasive chemicals and the tears of interns."

And its blaming the sun for causing cancer and saying its Seaworld's fault?!?! :lmao:

And the last two things aren't even about Seaworld!

This whole thing is bloated from the start, HAHAHA.
Last edited by COASTER FREAK 11 on Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:47 am.

Gimme Some Candy!

Postby coasterfreak101 » Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:41 am

^It's a Cracked article. The entire purpose is to inform with sarcasm. Like this gem, my personal favorite from this article regardless of whether it's all totally true or not:

"That's like hitting a hobo with your car and cheerfully explaining that, for every homeless person you run down, you donate six action figures to Toys for Tots.

Seriously the best site out there.
1. Skyrush | 2. Maverick | 3. The Voyage | 4. El Toro | 5. Outlaw Run
6. Millennium Force | 7. I-305 | 8. Medusa: SC | 9. X2 | 10. Phoenix

Coasters: 290
Parks: 51

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby Miracleman » Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:58 am

My favorite part of the article is when it links to an ad for the Australian Sea World when describing how it advertises. Nice "research" for your "article." It's a blog post with an agenda. Take with a grain of salt. I'm not saying that working at SeaWorld is a dream, but seriously, what job is?

This B&M donkey is so smooth!

SeaWorld 50th Anniversary Media Day Report

Postby jcrouse » Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:21 pm

On Friday, March 21, Jacqi and I attended SeaWorld's 50th Anniversary Media Event -which was the kick off for their 18-month "Sea of Surprises" campaign. The campaign is centered around random, unscheduled events throughout the park that will include animal encounters, entertainment experiences and prizes from the "Surprise Squad" - and bubbles, lots and lots of bubbles. To experience elements that are a bit more regularly scheduled, SeaWorld has overhauled the SEA Garden (just outside of the old Hospitality House) - there are additional animal encounters here as well as larger than life sculptures of sea life made entirely of recovered beach trash.

SeaWorld promised that there would be many more new surprised to be added as this celebration goes along. The Shamu show will re-open in April and in June, SeaWorld will debut a new nighttime Shamu show "Shamu's Celebration: Light Up the Night".

On to the photos...
IMG_7296_7_8_hdr.jpg
Here is the SeaWorld's 50th logo and icon for the "Sea of Surprises"
IMG_6767.jpg
Media Credential? Check!
IMG_6763.jpg
The main entrance lighthouse now has the new logo.
IMG_7325.jpg
As does the the SkyTower cabin.
IMG_7277.jpg
The media was greeted by Animal Trainers and Entertainment Performers.
IMG_7278.jpg
But watch out for this mime guy.
IMG_7282.jpg
Here was the main stage for the kick off show. Most of the show featured video clips detailing a lot of the good things SeaWorld has done over the years in Animal Research and Rescue. They are responsible for the rescue of over 23,000 animals.
IMG_7286.jpg
These brightly colored people are the "Surprise Squad" - they'll pop up randomly with gifts, reserved show seating, exclusive access to rides and surprises like behind the scenes encounters. So when in the park, you should keep your eye out for these guys.
IMG_7293.jpg
That's Park President, Terry Prather - holding a penguin during the show finale.
IMG_7311.jpg
The new logo is absolutely everywhere...
IMG_6774.jpg
There is a merchandise shop at the front of the park full of 50th logo gear.
IMG_6775.jpg
And there are cool historical photos all around - like this one of the main entrance on opening day in 1973.
IMG_6776.jpg
And this one - the Superhero Water Ski show from the 70s
IMG_6777.jpg
And now on to the random encounters - this guy drives around in his wacky bubble making vehicle. Once he finds a place to park, he creates bubbles of all sizes and encourages guests to help him create even more bubbles.
IMG_6779.jpg
Here's another look at the bubble car.
IMG_6780.jpg
Did we say there were a lot of bubbles?
IMG_6789.jpg
Another random entertainment experience - the "Splash Dance" crew does a high energy, guest participation show that involves a lot of water. Guests are sprayed with sprinklers, garden hoses and even backpack lawn sprayers as the team dances around.
IMG_6793.jpg
Back in the SEA Garden, you will see the beach trash sculptures.
IMG_6795.jpg
Red Trash Octopus. Sadly, there were no trash sharks. (that we're aware of...)
IMG_7320.jpg
SeaWorld will expand their animal encounter back in the SEA Garden area, allowing guest to meets all kinds of animals - like this really cool owl.
IMG_6800.jpg
Work continues on Shamu Stadium. The Shamu show is scheduled to re-open in April. A new nighttime show "Shamu's Celebration: Light Up the Night" will debut in June.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!